Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone] sq: Scl-gru-bcn-sin-ktm/cok/trv/hyd $2000

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone] sq: Scl-gru-bcn-sin-ktm/cok/trv/hyd $2000

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by beckoa
I've heard that once a flight coupon has been collected (flown), subsequent flight dates can be changed on many of these tickets for no fee, but not certain in the case of this specific fare. This is mainly the case with full fare tickets, but doesn't seem to be always specified in the fare rules what is possible. It also may depend on specific policies of the carrier/ticketing airline.
Thanks for the input. So it is an C class, not the cheapest business, but no idea if it is considered as full. And I am not very familiar with SQ. Does anyone have any idea?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by beckoa
I've heard that once a flight coupon has been collected (flown), subsequent flight dates can be changed on many of these tickets for no fee, but not certain in the case of this specific fare.
Once you have flown the first segment (in this case SCL-GRU), you can change subsequent segments for free. However, there's a $50 USD "service fee" for making this change :roll eyes:

And SQ has suspended its service to GRU (last flight out of GRU was 20 Oct.). But if you have made your way to BCN/SIN, you can always cancel the ticket (but not request for a refund) and pay $50 to change your dates when you have one set in mind.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Once you have flown the first segment (in this case SCL-GRU), you can change subsequent segments for free. However, there's a $50 USD "service fee" for making this change :roll eyes:

And SQ has suspended its service to GRU (last flight out of GRU was 20 Oct.). But if you have made your way to BCN/SIN, you can always cancel the ticket (but not request for a refund) and pay $50 to change your dates when you have one set in mind.
thanks, I thought that was the case as far as I understood from the discussion here about fare rules but I wanted to clarify.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:05 am

OK, I need some help on this ticket. I have contacted SQ through my travel agent and SQ refused to put me on alternative flights and chose to refund. It seems to me that they are arguing that they don't have alternative flights available, thus they could use Article 10 (3), accordingly, Article 11 (involuntary refund) of contract of carriage to refund.
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/g...ions-carriage/

However, logically, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Even my travel agent is surprised that SQ is not willing to put me on alternative flights because that is not the industry standard but I would like to know what I can do to have SQ to put me on an alternative flight. What rights do I have to force SQ to do this? It seems like their contract of carriage is not clear on this issue. But some people here suggested that not putting the passengers on alternative flights is a violation of the cc, so I would like to know where exactly the violation is.

Alternatively, I could initiate some complaints to Brazilian authorities. I could also do the same for Spanish one but I have only 2h stopover (I did book as a stopover but I was traveling on the same day). However, this will take long and my flight is in early January, so I don't think I have time to do all of these. Does anyone know what rights I have under EU or Brazilian rules and laws?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 9:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Half completed

Hi,

Just an update on this fare. Just flew the first half portion of the leg from SCL to BCN via ZRH. No blink of the eye.

SCL-GRU leg was with LATAM (but with a TAM plane). When I booked it was in Y class. Wanted to upgrade to Premium Economy (the next higher class), but since it was a SQ issued ticket, LATAM could not do any upgrade even paying with money. Really wondered why this leg was booked into economy class and not premium economy since the rest of the legs are in Business.

GRU-BCN (via ZRH) was OK. Operated by an A340 plane. Food was appaling, no idea why, but the meat was dry and the entertainment system was down (did get a compensation voucher).

Will continue the trip in a couple months time. All in all, not too bad of a fare.

Cheers!
Old May 2, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
I just reached Singapore and I believe I should be the last Traveller on this fare ex-SCL. It's been a year since then.

It was harrowing because TAM "rescheduled" last month and while I had accepted the schedule change 3-4 weeks back, the process was taking ridiculously long to get the ticket reissued by SQ (as per expedia agents). There must be a lot of internal memo going around.

I got it finally reissued after 3-4 weeks and 1 business day before the flight.

Everything was smooth. Routing given was SCL-GRU-JNb-SIN with SAA new business class being a fantastic product that closely matches SQ's own. It has got better smoother Bed for sure. JNB-SIN is now on the new A350.

Trying to get my COK flight rescheduled to September. Let's see.

I waited Long enough without calling anybody before getting the replacement flights of the cancelled GRU-SIN flight. It's all worth it to just lay Low and see how things pan out over timeframes of months and not jump the gun to initiate action.

Doing the same with the ET BKK-YYZ now. Lie Low and let's see.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:54 am

Nope, don't think you are the last. I will be travelling on my trip to Asia in the coming days. I even managed to get my flight from SIN to HYD changed to an earlier flight without any problems.

For those that managed to get over the change due to the GRU service, should be able to travel close to early next year since tickets are valid for a year from start of travel.

Glad to hear that everything went well on your side too, but indeed I believe only a handful managed to get the issue sorted out after the GRU changes.

For me it will be my first with SQ on their new A350 (as I understand, just changed from the 777) so going to try the new Biz seats (although I read a lot about the foot hole being narrow).

Only not happy that the SIN-India flights are all MI-operated. Had to enroll in another FF just to get the miles.

Will report back when I land in SIN/HYD.

Cheers!
Old May 3, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
I just came back from this trip, did all flights in one go as I already have so many trips booked all the way up to early next year, couldn't slot in another trip in between.

I got in touch with the FRA office to sort out the GRU-SIN cancellation and the folks there were extremely helpful in accommodating alternatives - got rebooked on SCL-GRU-FRA-SIN-COK and vice versa with GRU-FRA on LH 506/7. JJ had several schedule changes/cancellations in between so finally got to fly the LATAM (LA, not JJ) 788 on SCL-GRU segment. The new LATAM lounge in SCL is awesome.

SQ outbound on SQ25 (FRA-SIN) was 60% full only and I was the only one in the last 6-7 rows, from the moment the lead stewardess cheerfully came around to offer me a welcome drink, i knew it was going to be AMAZING service and it rightfully was, I almost felt i was flying a private jet as three different flight attendants were working my area, well effectively only me. They were so attentive yet not intrusive. I had a long conversation with them in the galley and they were amazed, almost shocked by this crazy itinerary (one of them asked if i ever flew their GRU-BCN-SIN service :-)). As I had a full day layover upon arrival in SIN, they wrote me a list of food recommendations in the city, justly lovely. This is simply the reason why I keep coming back to SQ.

LH is as always uneventful, although the inbound LH506 FRA-GRU crew was quite joyful, but the food left much to be desired.

COK and the surrounding area in Kerala state is simply beautiful, i had a week there and went to the tea plantations in munnar, backwaters in kumarakom and beaches close to alleppey, I can totally recommend it!

The trip was a blast, thanks again OP for posting such a fabulous deal. I was able to use the AZ error fare to get to EZE and SCL from Europe. With all miles already posted, now waiting for the next fare to pop up :-)
Old May 14, 2017, 11:47 pm

Hi,

Just to update upon my completion of the trip. Flew BCN-SIN-HYD a week ago. I believe the BCN-SIN sector was just recently upgraded/downgraded (depends how you see it) to the A350. (on the same day, Air China has it's inaugural flight from BCN-PVG - my first live inaugural event @ an airport).

BCN-MXP sector - service was ok. Cabin crew were not very engaging and rather robotic. An extended "snack" provided. Pax continuing to SIN will stay onboard - which is a rather nice experience to see the activities done during this period.

MXP-SIN sector - Crew was much better and luckily there were a couple of more senior crew which as usual means they are more outside of the box and engaging. Food selection was good. Load factor was most probably 70% in J and around 50-60% in Y (based on the number of pax waiting in BCN and boarded in MXP).

Seat - these were new J-seats. From looks point, it was nice. In the lounge position and sitting position, it was ok. However in the sleep position, as discussed widely in the SQ forum, the leg space was a bit on the narrow side - kept hitting my foot against the walls.
Temperature control in the cabin was good - not too warm as normally experience on Asian carriers.

I guess despite of the seat, I was well rested as I did not feel tired while spending the whole day in Singapore until my flight to HYD.

Flight with MI to HYD - OK service. Crew were efficient but that was it. The cradle seat was comfortable enough for the 4 hour flight to HYD. Food selection was ok - though I regretted not ordering ahead for a "local" fare. Choices was western or Indian. The table IFE provided was quite messy and noticed a lot of passengers having problems with theirs - mainly connection/setting problems.

All in all - a good value for this fare. Thanks to the OP again. I had a OW-ticket. Flew back in J with Sri Lankan to LHR. (service was good on this flight - and I like the flight timing).

Good luck to those that are still to fly this and enjoy the trip!.
[this was my first trip to India - 1 week was enough since this is the super hot season and hearing the horns blasting day and night ]

Cheers!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by SQueeze
I just reached Singapore and I believe I should be the last Traveller on this fare ex-SCL. It's been a year since then.

Trying to get my COK flight rescheduled to September. Let's see.
Is it even possible to reschedule the COK flight past one year from original booking date?
Old May 25, 2017, 11:34 am

I just completed this trip to KTM too. Stopover was BCN and then SIN (changed from a few days to a few hours due to a misconnect at BCN). I flew GRU-BCN last September and took my BCN-SIN-KTM a few weeks ago. MI flight was almost like any other short-hauls in Asia J in Asia. SQ J was great but I was also in row 19, so that's very different compared to the rest of the cabin. Not too sure if I'd enjoy it that much if I wasn't in a bulkhead row (the footwell looks tiny).

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just to update upon my completion of the trip. Flew BCN-SIN-HYD a week ago. I believe the BCN-SIN sector was just recently upgraded/downgraded (depends how you see it) to the A350. (on the same day, Air China has it's inaugural flight from BCN-PVG - my first live inaugural event @ an airport).
Were you flying on 5th May? If so, I missed the flight due to a late inbound on AA . I rescheduled for 8th May because C was sold out on the 7th. I remember seeing the lion dance at the gate next to the SQ flight.

Originally Posted by Frayed_Yak
Is it even possible to reschedule the COK flight past one year from original booking date?
Yes. Travel must be completed one year after your first flight (in this case, SCL-GRU). They'll put a note in your reservation when travel must be completed by.
Old May 28, 2017, 1:33 pm

Not too sure if I'd enjoy it that much if I wasn't in a bulkhead row (the footwell looks tiny).

Were you flying on 5th May? If so, I missed the flight due to a late inbound on AA . I rescheduled for 8th May because C was sold out on the 7th. I remember seeing the lion dance at the gate next to the SQ flight.
Indeed the footwell on the new seats are tiny. I could have moved up to the bulkhead, but did not because of the proximity to the galley and even from the seat behind the bulkhead I could hear the cutlery and plates off and on.

Yes - I was indeed on the flight on the 5th. I did see your plane coming in actually - did not realize that it was delayed.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Yes - I was indeed on the flight on the 5th. I did see your plane coming in actually - did not realize that it was delayed.
Ha. Yes. My flight was delayed 3 hours and I actually got to the gate before it closed but no chance my bags will make it and I took the flight on the 8th instead.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 11:34 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Ha. Yes. My flight was delayed 3 hours and I actually got to the gate before it closed but no chance my bags will make it and I took the flight on the 8th instead.
And you could just change your ticket on the spot?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
And you could just change your ticket on the spot?
No. They have to refer me back to the call center because it was my ticket was issued in US. BCN office can't change/touch my tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.