Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: Maputo-SFO/LAX One Way First Class $2560ish

[PREM FARE GONE] EK: Maputo-SFO/LAX One Way First Class $2560ish

Old Jun 10, 16, 5:11 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by skunker View Post
Did you even read my reply to the first time you asked this question?
I did. U asked me to check with embassy but embassy is not open on Friday and weekend.

I checked a visa service company. They said I don't need transit visa as long as I have onward ticket
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 10, 16, 5:14 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
One way ticket from Maputo Mozambique to SFO/LAX. Flight is 1hr in J class on SAA to Johannesburg, then Emirates F to Dubai on a 777, and on to the West Coast on a A380. I have not searched a lot, but every day I have checked towards the end of the year shows this price. Also there may be more cities but I only checked those two.

Personally I was thinking about visiting South Africa for the first time, and this might be a perfect ticket to book for the way back. Would be a good way to start off my Alaska earnings early next year too. Hope this helps

https://www.kayak.com/flights/MPM-LAX/2017-01-02/first
U should definitely visit South Africa. I been to Cape Town and African Safari. It is beautiful and amazing.
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 11, 16, 2:25 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 674
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Just randomly checked some more cities

I found the fare works for SEA as well, and NYC actually pulls up at just under $2300

MIA and ORD did not seem to be available at this price point
It works right across the network. Most of Europe, Aus etc
Armodeen is offline  
Old Jun 14, 16, 4:55 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
to avoid the visa problem, it is just easier to fly from jnb-yyz in two F segments for $2800, it is expensive to fly over from yyz-jnb, it costs more even for business class.
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 14, 16, 5:39 pm
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
to avoid the visa problem, it is just easier to fly from jnb-yyz in two F segments for $2800, it is expensive to fly over from yyz-jnb, it costs more even for business class.
Well I am based in LA so flights this cheap to the US in F are few and far between. I'm just going to get the visa and visit Maputo for a couple days on my way back. Always nice to visit a new country
FlyingFrZ is online now  
Old Jun 14, 16, 8:55 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Well I am based in LA so flights this cheap to the US in F are few and far between. I'm just going to get the visa and visit Maputo for a couple days on my way back. Always nice to visit a new country
mpm-yyz F is $1980. how do u plan to get to maputo from usa?
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 14, 16, 9:30 pm
  #37  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
mpm-yyz F is $1980. how do u plan to get to maputo from usa?
Will most likely fly from LA-JNB either on a cheap one way ticket or miles. Flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Maputo are pretty cheap.
FlyingFrZ is online now  
Old Jun 15, 16, 5:41 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Will most likely fly from LA-JNB either on a cheap one way ticket or miles. Flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Maputo are pretty cheap.
It is a long flight in coach. Cheapest ow biz is Turkish for 3100$cad
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 15, 16, 5:44 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Will most likely fly from LA-JNB either on a cheap one way ticket or miles. Flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to Maputo are pretty cheap.
Have u been to Cape Town? Highly recommend it. I have been so I will just do a turn around if I were to use this fare.
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 15, 16, 10:22 am
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
Have u been to Cape Town? Highly recommend it. I have been so I will just do a turn around if I were to use this fare.
Nope never been to Africa, pretty excited to go especially taking Emirates F class back
FlyingFrZ is online now  
Old Jun 15, 16, 10:47 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 351
Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Nope never been to Africa, pretty excited to go especially taking Emirates F class back
if i were u, i would spend a few days in cape town and do an African safari. and fly back in style.
torontochinese is offline  
Old Jun 15, 16, 10:54 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 1,198
Round-trip fares to sfo are around 4200. That's a deal!
hamburglar is offline  
Old Jun 15, 16, 11:02 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,900
Theres no way to push this on a qantas ticket stock? probably not.
surftb15 is offline  
Old Jun 15, 16, 11:19 am
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Southern Cali
Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posts: 1,569
Originally Posted by torontochinese View Post
if i were u, i would spend a few days in cape town and do an African safari. and fly back in style.
Thats what I am thinking of doing as well
FlyingFrZ is online now  
Old Jun 15, 16, 2:34 pm
  #45  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: DFW
Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Posts: 2,863
is this fare refundable?
oneworld82 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread