FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam: US > FRA/TXL/DUS/ZRH/BRU/etc; Jul-Aug; US$1670-$1850+ (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1771204-prem-fare-gone-skyteam-us-fra-txl-dus-zrh-bru-etc-jul-aug-us-1670-1850-a.html)

18sas Jun 9, 2016 5:51 am

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam: US > FRA/TXL/DUS/ZRH/BRU/etc; Jul-Aug; US$1670-$1850+

Sale fares were refiled for another week for the summer months only. These were also available during last week's sale but were overshadowed by the much better deals available in fall and winter.

Available coast-to-coast from practically any point that is not a DL-only hub. Includes places like AGS, ATW, BIS. Excludes ATL/MSP/DTW/CVG/SLC/MEM.

Sample fare rules:
  • PERMITTED 04JUL16 THROUGH 22AUG16 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR. SEASON IS BASED ON DATE OF ORIGIN.
  • PERMITTED SUN THROUGH THU ON EACH TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
  • TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.
  • NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED ON THE PRICING UNIT.
  • TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 24JUN16.
  • CONFIRMED RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED AT LEAST 21 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE.

Sample dates Jul 12-19.

Fare basis ZHXP72US

Edited to add: Sale was extended to 24-Jun. New destinations added including ZRH/BRU/LUX.
Reminder: 21 day adv purchase.

oblisk Jun 9, 2016 9:40 am

Would love to see a *A counter w/ France / Italy / Netherlands

PV_Premier Jun 9, 2016 10:11 am

thank you for posting. i was able to exchange a previous ticket for a lower price, saving $1000 ($550 of which came back as future credit after $450 change fee). ^

i was also able to get KLM metal on my return, whereas previously my ticket was all on DL metal.

out of SFO the fares are valid also to BRU and ZRH in addition to German cities already mentioned.

i could get Germany out of SMF, but not BRU or ZRH, so I ticketed out of SFO.

18sas Jun 9, 2016 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier (Post 26753229)
thank you for posting. i was able to exchange a previous ticket for a lower price, saving $1000 ($550 of which came back as future credit after $450 change fee). ^

i was also able to get KLM metal on my return, whereas previously my ticket was all on DL metal.

out of SFO the fares are valid also to BRU and ZRH in addition to German cities already mentioned.

i could get Germany out of SMF, but not BRU or ZRH, so I ticketed out of SFO.

From SFO / DEN / IAH / CLE this deal casts a wider net of destinations. Basically this deal is valid to airports in most European countries that are not home to a SkyTeam member or DL joint venture partner, i.e. France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, UK. Notable exceptions being Finland and the Baltic states.

Also from UA hubs available to Northern Africa, ALG/CMN/TUN.

IAH - IST is the winner pricing at $1540. Don't know why but it self-dumps with only about $340 YR.

TheMadBrewer Jun 9, 2016 2:05 pm

I got LAX-TXL for $1950-ish, bought on delta.com but all KLM metal (lie-flats on 747 Combi over the water)

Only German cities seem to work from LAX. Now, LAX-SFO is only about $125 in Y -- thought about going somewhere else with a positioning flight but I've been meaning to get back to Berlin for a while...

JBJ2435 Jun 9, 2016 2:50 pm

It's a shame that SFO-BRU is $1,889, but LAX is over $8,000! Any way to know what destinations are good from LAX?

I'm already on the prior sale to MUC in September, so looking at July now. Thanks OP for the find, strange that DL doesn't advertise.

PV_Premier Jun 9, 2016 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by JBJ2435 (Post 26754644)
It's a shame that SFO-BRU is $1,889, but LAX is over $8,000! Any way to know what destinations are good from LAX?

I'm already on the prior sale to MUC in September, so looking at July now. Thanks OP for the find, strange that DL doesn't advertise.

why not just get a positioning flight from LAX to SFO?

Google flights is great for searching multiple destinations. just put in lax and your dates and click the map and start exploring. there is also a "nearby airports" search that you can do on Matrix ITA.

18sas Jun 9, 2016 3:41 pm

The best sales are never advertised. You will only find them by following the Premium Fare Deals forum. :)

jerrflyer Jun 9, 2016 4:06 pm

LAX - FRA

cesco.g Jun 9, 2016 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by jerrflyer (Post 26754972)
LAX - FRA

Not sure about the content of your post: could you plse clarify?

TheMadBrewer Jun 9, 2016 5:47 pm

I've only found cities in Germany from LAX -- DUS, FRA, MUC, STR, NUE and TXL are the ones I've checked. The 1st four were DL metal, the others have a KLM leg.

As I said in a previous post, Delta has pretty much hourly flights from LAX-SFO -- just give yourself some time in case of delays -- since they are different PNR's I believe they have to be nice if a delay on the first flight causes you to miss the second.

Stygian7 Jun 9, 2016 9:59 pm

Too bad 7 day min still applies...deal breaker for me this summer. Nice to see BIS on the list; It is my nearest departure airport (at only 197 miles from home). Not often business class fares work out of BIS or BIL (my departure airport west of home...225 miles). Sometimes maintaining diamond becomes difficult when you live in the middle of nowhere.

PV_Premier Jun 9, 2016 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Stygian7 (Post 26756228)
Too bad 7 day min still applies...deal breaker for me this summer. Nice to see BIS on the list; It is my nearest departure airport (at only 197 miles from home). Not often business class fares work out of BIS or BIL (my departure airport west of home...225 miles). Sometimes maintaining diamond becomes difficult when you live in the middle of nowhere.

an option with these 7 day minimum tickets is to nest a EU->USA fare inside. of course, this basically backs you into two trips this year unless you span the new year with them. typically these fares have a 6 month max stay so you can space them out pretty well. the ones that are a 90 day max stay become more problematic. in this particular case it would not work very well since the fare is only valid for july and august, but the previous iteration of fares for $1600 would have worked great for this.

there have been a wide array of favorable EU->USA fares that might help you, some of which have been discussed here.

bd73 Jun 10, 2016 1:54 am

Originally Posted by 18sas (Post 26754859)
The best sales are never advertised. You will only find them by following the Premium Fare Deals forum. :)

I second that! You guys in this forum are great. I've gotten some really amazing deals. Many thanks! :) ^

18sas Jun 10, 2016 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Stygian7 (Post 26756228)

The fare is available from BIS and BIL as well, the point being that it's pretty much available from every airport not a DL fortress hub.

For stays shorter than 7 days, add about $250, so it's still a good deal. With that though you still have a Saturday night requirement.