Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need a headcheck for a UA challenge completion

Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:55 pm
jzp
Original Poster

Hey, long-time lurker, too-frequent traveler, based near BOS and first time considering a run.

I've not had to do runs on other airlines & alliances, but I signed onto a UA challenge honestly just for the *A gold status to cover lounge access for flights this quarter. But as usual, now that I have it I don't want to lose it. I've only got 29 days left and I think I can pull of an easy completion, but since the terms, conditions, exceptions and loopholes are all alien to me I figured I needed to check with experts.

I'm at 14,649 PQM of a needed 25,000 and only $1,035 PQD of a needed $3,000.

Per https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../PQD-FAQs.aspx it seems opening a MileagePlus card and dumping my next month's expenses on it would get me the waiver for the PQD.

According to https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...r/qualify.aspx Business & First earn 300% miles, so a business round-trip BOS-DEN at 3,496 mi should get me 10,488 and complete the PQM.

So... am I correct? Is it worth it if I can score a quick turnaround J class trip for that one flight for $1,200? Seems so...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

jzp

Last edited by jzp; Jun 6, 2016 at 1:28 pm
Old Jun 6, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
F, J are the full-fare first class and business classes, respectively. If you purchase the discount premium fares, the PQM earning is only 2 x.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 1:57 pm
jzp
Original Poster

Ah right - so that bumps this idea up to almost $4,000. BOS-AUS and back would be possible under $3k... I guess I need to look at known trips and see if *G is worth keeping, or just stick with to 1W sapphire.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.