Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SFO-IST Biz KLM/AF from $1086 RT August thru November

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] SFO-IST Biz KLM/AF from $1086 RT August thru November

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlightWhite
looking like the open jaws are harder to come by, was trying to do

WAS-IST-SFO

which was at $1050, now pricing above $2k
Have you tried SFO-IST-WAS? Maybe it has to start at SFO. Alternatively, maybe the open jaw must be at the destination, not the origin.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
I've ticketed SFO-SLC-CDG-IST-AMS-SEA-SFO for late August. Bought the tickets on the Delta site so I guess the miles are based on the $1100 price so hardly worth bothering with. I usually fly One World but at this price it seemed like a good chance to return to IST which has so much history and shopping. I'm thinking of staying at the Hilton Bomonti for what sounds like an excellent lounge. Once again, thanks to Flyertalk for the info on what should be a fun week.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by daveinsf
I've ticketed SFO-SLC-CDG-IST-AMS-SEA-SFO for late August. Bought the tickets on the Delta site so I guess the miles are based on the $1100 price so hardly worth bothering with. I usually fly One World but at this price it seemed like a good chance to return to IST which has so much history and shopping. I'm thinking of staying at the Hilton Bomonti for what sounds like an excellent lounge. Once again, thanks to Flyertalk for the info on what should be a fun week.
Should have bought via AF/KLM... Earn based on distance with heavy bonuses
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
Yes, I'm realizing that now. I'm thinking maybe I can open an Alaskan account and credit the miles to that and get a lot more miles?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Yes, I'm realizing that now. I'm thinking maybe I can open an Alaskan account and credit the miles to that and get a lot more miles?
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:53 am

I'm not familiar with Alaska's ff program, but you can always call Air France and ask them to substitute a different ff number. You can probably even do that at check-in.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:11 am

Booked One

I'm in the middle of traveling, but managed to book a trip on AF's mobile device site. $1188 for SFO-IST on March 25 to April 1 return.

AF and Delta had a similar deal to IST from AA hubs that was bookable over New Year's weekend. This deal is a little cheaper. On that earlier deal, I booked an 027 ticket for a 9-day trip in Oct-Nov. On that trip, I will take a separate domestic rt to Izmir on Turkish so that I can visit Ephesus for a day.

For this new trip, any recommendation of what I can reasonably see in Turkey besides Istanbul with seven days there? I've been to IST a few times before.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Gld; DL Plat; UA Gld;Bonvoy Titanium4Life; Hyatt Silver;
Is this deal dead? I'm only seeing $4707 on ita. Any advice on how to better search calendars? I know how to use Google Flights if I have dates, but how do I use it to search weeks/months at a time? Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Most of your legs are Probably Z fares, which will credit as 125% EQM under Alaskas program. I've calculated my run to be around 18,000 EQM, yours likely will be similar. Not sure how that compares to crediting flights to Delta.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by FNZFUND
Is this deal dead? I'm only seeing $4707 on ita. Any advice on how to better search calendars? I know how to use Google Flights if I have dates, but how do I use it to search weeks/months at a time? Thanks in advance.

I'm not a master at Google Flights, maybe someone else can advise, but just doing a quick search on ITA Matrix over a range of dates, I currently see availability from SFO to various central European destinations (e.g., ZRH, MUC, VIE) in late August for $1668. IST seems to be about $3500+
The $1100 fares seem to have disappeared at this moment.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Bretmd
Most of your legs are Probably Z fares, which will credit as 125% EQM under Alaskas program. I've calculated my run to be around 18,000 EQM, yours likely will be similar. Not sure how that compares to crediting flights to Delta.
Delta will get you around 5500-6000 miles, so yeah just about any other program would be better.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: all
status match alaska and then credit to alaska...assuming you can status match
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: Alaska
I'm an Alaska elite and generally a huge Alaska fan. But if you wanna credit miles there, just be careful about the route you take. If you buy through AF then all of your flights need to be operated and marketed by AF (likewise if you do KLM). If you buy through AF and your itinerary has a mix of AF and KL, you will only get Alaska credit for the segments that were AF.

Relevant language from Alaska's site: "Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below and be marketed and operated by Air France. Flights operated by Air France's franchise airlines Britair, Cityjet, CCM and Middle Eastern Airlines are ineligible for mileage accrual, even if they may fall within the eligible flight number range."
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:21 pm

Actually if he ticketed via Delta website it's likely that his flight numbers are DL*.
If not and they are AF* then you need to compare them to the eligible flight number that you could find on that same page.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bretmd
Most DL business class tickets, including Z fares and G A P class for domestic connections, earn 150% MQMs, based on distance. However, FULL J and FULL F earn 200% now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.