Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE]DL: US (East/West/everything in between) -> Central Europe biz ~$1600

[PREM FARE GONE]DL: US (East/West/everything in between) -> Central Europe biz ~$1600

Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by rudycantfail0
Lots of availability out of DEN. Just booked DEN-FCO for $1629
what dates did you use? thanks
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
These are just insane prices esp. from Western Canada.

I just picked up YVR-LAX-AMS-TXL-AMS-YUL for CA $1658 / US $1265.

This will net 16636 MQM credited to DL at a cost of 7.6 cpMQM. If I had selected the exact same route on the return, I could've gotten 21,977 MQM at about 5.8 cmMQM.

The fares seem to be the same regardless of where in Canada you O/D from.

Last edited by 18sas; Jun 1, 2016 at 8:25 am
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:22 am

Nothing to Russia Have to go this year, been waiting for something for a while...
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by cwwmbm
Nothing to Russia Have to go this year, been waiting for something for a while...
At these prices, wouldn't it be worthwhile to book to FRA or SXB and take a separate booking to Russia from there?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 18sas
At these prices, wouldn't it be worthwhile to book to FRA or SXB and take a separate booking to Russia from there?
For SkyTeam, it would be better to get to AMS or CDG and then take a separate ticket to Russia from there. From FRA, the choices will be LH or SU. SXB is a small airport, so it would almost certainly involve an additional connection through a large European hub.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can save a few hundred dollars more by doing an open jaw in Europe, involving IST in either direction

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-november.html
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
there are many options to other parts of EU (ARN, BUD, IST) that would put you in very easy reach of western Russia
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:49 am

It would, except I would then need to get a European visa (Russian passport, Canadian PR) and get ridiculous number of stopovers since I'm not even going to Moscow/St Petes. Direct flights to where I'm going (SVX) from Europe on reliable airlines are only from HEL or IST.

IST could be a viable option (especially since I won't need a visa there), but that would require additional positioning YVR-SFO and then IST-SVX, which is just a little bit of too much flying Plus, IST-SVX is a 5 hour flight in itself, so this is something I'd rather do in business if possible.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Still watching for a *A match, nothing yet . . . .
Not a peep.
Would have thought something into ST-land, like AMS, CDG, FCO ......;
anything into their hubs (FRA, MUC, ZRH) would be a surprise.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by twoner32
what dates did you use? thanks
9/8-9/20
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:10 am

Thank you very much OP for posting this! Got two RT's from FAT-FRA for $1733 each right after Thanksgiving. Extremely happy with this.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
EWR-SVO is starting from 1,350, SU metal possible on Europe - Moscow.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For MSP and DTW hub captives, these fares are available to many destinations from ORD, which has cheap and frequent service on DL and other carriers. For example, around $1650 ORD to MUC RT in November, with wide open availability. It's probably slightly cheaper to fly early in the week.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For SkyTeam, it would be better to get to AMS or CDG and then take a separate ticket to Russia from there. From FRA, the choices will be LH or SU. SXB is a small airport, so it would almost certainly involve an additional connection through a large European hub.
Sorry, meant SXF.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:57 am

Sorry, meant SXF.
It's still not obvious to me that one would want to connect through Berlin. Within Germany, if not FRA, MUC would probably have better flight options as it's LH's second hub. However, this is beside the point as the person here who is trying to go to Russia seems to need flights from HEL or IST, where IST would be cheap and also have the advantage of avoiding the requirement of a schengen/transit visa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.