FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] Aa: Lax/sfo-akl $212 rt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1759015-fare-gone-aa-lax-sfo-akl-212-rt.html)

Single_Flyer Apr 12, 16 2:51 am

[FARE GONE] Aa: Lax/sfo-akl $212 rt

Fly the 787 LAX or SFO to AKL. Seems like a 7 day minimum stay. Cheap O Air or Momonodo is a good place to look. Available throughout the summer and fall.

Example August 5-14

sinus Apr 12, 16 2:54 am

Books into O class. Plenty of availability but looks like OTA glitch.

Single_Flyer Apr 12, 16 3:00 am

I booked a couple of RT and already got ticketed (have e-ticket number). Chose my seats on aa website. We'll see if it sticks. It's on a lot of OTAs including Orbitz for a bit more.

xiaorandejavu Apr 12, 16 3:01 am

cheapO allow 4 hour free cancellation?

bork Apr 12, 16 3:05 am

Were you able to get this on AA flight numbers? I can see prices down to ~$210 but only for Qantas marketed versions of AA

hnl808 Apr 12, 16 3:10 am

Looking on Qantas.com and the fare is showing as $183 each way. Not as cheap as $212 rt, but still a great deal!

snabbu Apr 12, 16 3:14 am

Shame it doesn't seem to work in reverse :(

Single_Flyer Apr 12, 16 3:16 am

Originally Posted by hnl808 (Post 26472711)
Looking on Qantas.com and the fare is showing as $183 each way. Not as cheap as $212 rt, but still a great deal!

Maybe it's just a really good deal to celebrate the launch of AA LAX-AKL.

Low fuel costs. Empty planes. I could see this being on purpose.

hnl808 Apr 12, 16 3:22 am

AA.com is not showing any fares below $896 RT. So maybe this is either a glitch on the QF side or QF is offering a really good fare sale.

Granite64 Apr 12, 16 3:24 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 26472722)
Maybe it's just a really good deal to celebrate the launch of AA LAX-AKL.

Low fuel costs. Empty planes. I could see this being on purpose.

This is a self dump, we can definitely see the effect of low oil prices but this is way too cheap.

delta spartan Apr 12, 16 3:26 am

Just got one for september, looks like a 7 day min stay or atleast a Sunday stay. Also can get a nice 15 hr layover in melbourne on the way there.

janetdoe Apr 12, 16 3:26 am

Originally Posted by xiaorandejavu (Post 26472691)
cheapO allow 4 hour free cancellation?

The airline has to allow free 24-hour cancel per DOT, but Cheapo can charge a service fee to perform the cancellation. If you make enough noise and/or if it is really an error fare, then you can usually get the service fee waived.

There are some slightly more reputable OTAs in the ~$350 range, you'll have a better chance of keeping the rez and/or canceling for free with them.

xiaorandejavu Apr 12, 16 3:30 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe (Post 26472753)
The airline has to allow free 24-hour cancel per DOT, but Cheapo can charge a service fee to perform the cancellation. If you make enough noise and/or if it is really an error fare, then you can usually get the service fee waived.

There are some slightly more reputable OTAs in the ~$350 range, you'll have a better chance of keeping the rez and/or canceling for free with them.

Thanks for the info. I am trying to add a stopover in BNE or SYD now:cool::cool::cool:

wijomas Apr 12, 16 3:42 am

Thanks OP, booked the in-laws to come visit us! :)^

maxvor Apr 12, 16 3:48 am

No stopovers allowed, but you can do OJ to Aussie on inbound/outbound