Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Aa: Lax/sfo-akl $212 rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Aa: Lax/sfo-akl $212 rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by mster
For Oneworld Emerald status holders who plan to credit to other airlines: would you recommend leaving your Emerald granting FF number on your reservation until after you clear security and then changing it to the airline you wish to credit to at the gate /in the lounge?

Or is it easier to add your non-Emerald FF number prior to arriving at the airport and then rely on your Emerald status granting FF card for priority security, lounge access, early boarding, etc.?

If it makes any difference I'm crediting to Alaska (as I'm sure many others are).
I've changed it to AS in the Admirals Lounge at JFK, credited no problem.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
I've changed it to AS in the Admirals Lounge at JFK, credited no problem.
No problems adding my AS # in the LAX OW lounge and SYD QF domestic lounge. Also, no questions about boarding with Emerald pax even though the resulting boarding passes don't display Emerald ^^^

As long as you keep your Emerald status card handy I'm not seeing a reason not to add your AS # well prior to day of departure. Getting the sense that just adding / keeping your AS # on there will result in more consistent crediting too.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:44 pm

Can anyone comment on how long Qantas flights usually take to post when credited to Alaska? Is there a generally accepted period of time for this process after which, if no points have posted, emailing Alaska becomes prudent?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Can anyone comment on how long Qantas flights usually take to post when credited to Alaska? Is there a generally accepted period of time for this process after which, if no points have posted, emailing Alaska becomes prudent?
Alaska will tell you 2 weeks.

Also, you are talking about Qantas metal, correct?
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Alaska will tell you 2 weeks.

Also, you are talking about Qantas metal, correct?
Yes, QF metal.

As a data point myself and 2 others flying on Qantas metal credited to Alaska recently and the flights all took < 7 days to post to Alaska.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:59 pm

Has anyone with an overnight connection in AKL successfully accessed the Qantas lounge the evening prior to their ongoing flight?

The QF staff today seemed completely bewildered that anyone would even ask for lounge access the day prior to their ongoing flight - do they have a habit of ignoring Oneworld elite lounge access policies or are they just as confused about Oneworld lounge access down under as they are at their US gateways?

Last edited by mster; Aug 13, 2016 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
About to fly this next week. A little salty Qantas is trying to charge me a total of $360(AUD) to pick seats for my party of four.

Isn't that kind of a scam? I'm going to wait until check in and hope we get something reasonable on the SFO-SYD leg
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
About to fly this next week. A little salty Qantas is trying to charge me a total of $360(AUD) to pick seats for my party of four.

Isn't that kind of a scam? I'm going to wait until check in and hope we get something reasonable on the SFO-SYD leg
I've never had to pay to pick seats on Qantas. I've also always picked them immediately after ticketing. Try again?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I'm flying this VERY soon. I have zero status with QF, AA, or AS. The tickets are booked on QF stock and the flights have QF metal SFO-SYD-AKL; AA metal AKL-LAX; VX metal LAX-SFO.

How exactly do these credit to QF, AA and AS? I'm trying to figure out which of my n-status accounts to credit to.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Sep 9, 2016 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
I'm flying this VERY soon. I have zero status with QF, AA, or AS. The tickets are booked on QF stock and the flights have QF metal SFO-SYD-AKL; AA metal AKL-LAX; VA metal LAX-SFO.

How exactly do these credit to QF, AA and AS? I'm trying to figure out which of my n-status accounts to credit to.
Hey maybe I'll see you there!

Definitely credit to AS. 100% flown miles
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I'm flying this VERY soon. I have zero status with QF, AA, or AS. The tickets are booked on QF stock and the flights have QF metal SFO-SYD-AKL; AA metal AKL-LAX; VA metal LAX-SFO.

Have you scrolled up and looked at the discussion? Have you looked on the QF, AA, or AS websites?
If questions still remain, come back.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Hey maybe I'll see you there!

Definitely credit to AS. 100% flown miles
Tomorrow night!!!

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Have you scrolled up and looked at the discussion? Have you looked on the QF, AA, or AS websites?
If questions still remain, come back.
Yes I have - and I saw all sorts of things discussed and stated but nothing very conclusive. In particular, what does AA credit for QF ticketed QF metal vs QF ticketed AA metal?

so it appears I'm booked into "O" like everyne else and earn 25% / 50% on AA and 100% on AS ... it appears that QF earns 100% but I'm not sure.

Last edited by Xyzzy; Sep 9, 2016 at 11:43 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Tomorrow night!!!

Yes I have - and I saw all sorts of things discussed and stated but nothing very conclusive. In particular, what does AA credit for QF ticketed QF metal vs QF ticketed AA metal?

so it appears I'm booked into "O" like everyne else and earn 25% / 50% on AA and 100% on AS ... it appears that QF earns 100% but I'm not sure.
For AA at least, "ticketed" is irrelevant. If you're purchasing a QF-marketed flight (i.e. your ticket lists a "QF" flight number), then regardless of who you're purchasing from, and regardless whether AA or QF operates the flight, you will earn AA miles according to AA's table for QF.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:20 am

Tomorrow night!!!

Alaska earning is always based on metal.

QF ticket stock / QF metal / O fare class = 100% earning
QF ticket stock / AA metal / O fare class = 25% earning
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Alaska earning is always based on metal.

QF ticket stock / QF metal / O fare class = 100% earning
QF ticket stock / AA metal / O fare class = 25% earning
It's not metal, it's marketing carrier. Ticket stock doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.