Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by beckoa

027 issued? AS doesn't ticket international tickets aside from awards (except for Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica).

And FWIW no one told me of this deal- just thrown off by 027 ticket stock.
I'm confused too!

Originally Posted by montezume
Do you have any segments on Alaska?
My very first segment is on AS. I guess that is why, but still seems odd since some of the flights are not even AS codeshare.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by montezume
YMMV but this thread leads me to believe the airport control is normal, since RO has "control" of the tickets.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...a-segment.html

Thanks for the great info! ^
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I'm confused too!

My very first segment is on AS. I guess that is why, but still seems odd since some of the flights are not even AS codeshare.
My delta TATL flights aren't codeshare and it's ticketed on RO, so I'm not really that surprised that yours is ticketed on AS. That's probably why it's so cheap
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:08 pm

I'm looking forward to the first trip report; see if everything went smooth and was honored. I travel in early May, anyone else before me?
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:26 pm

I'm looking forward to the first trip report; see if everything went smooth and was honored. I travel in early May, anyone else before me?
I'll be leaving in a week!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by reverted
I'll be leaving in a week!
Yes! Report back. CPH?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 1:55 am

I just (Apr 16 12:12 AM PST) booked SFO to DPS for $370 RT on Singapore Airlines in Sept through ExploreTrip.com. I got my e-mail with a PNR and Ref # but no e-ticket #. PNR doesn't work at Singapore Air or at CheckMyTrip. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath....As another poster said, easy come, easy go....If it works out, AWESOME, if not, meh.

I'll keep you all posted.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:17 am

Programs: WP
Originally Posted by JCM9608
I just (Apr 16 12:12 AM PST) booked SFO to DPS for $370 RT on Singapore Airlines in Sept through ExploreTrip.com. I got my e-mail with a PNR and Ref # but no e-ticket #. PNR doesn't work at Singapore Air or at CheckMyTrip. Crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath....As another poster said, easy come, easy go....If it works out, AWESOME, if not, meh.

I'll keep you all posted.
I booked one of this as well last night, got my eticket and pnr, both worked on SQ and was able to select seats and enter APIs. Booked into K class, no miles other than ETH i believe.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by beckoa
And FWIW no one told me of this deal- just thrown off by 027 ticket stock.
Why? The whole point of these was that they were ticketed on the minor carrier with one segment (TP,RO,UX, etc) - not the overwater carrier.

Easy to figure out exactly what happened when looking at the structure of these tickets.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Easy to figure out exactly what happened when looking at the structure of these tickets.
Care to elaborate? Not easy for all of us
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:24 am

Yes! Report back. CPH?
SFO-ATH. Will definitely report back as soon as I step foot onto ATH lol
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by island82
I booked one of this as well last night, got my eticket and pnr, both worked on SQ and was able to select seats and enter APIs. Booked into K class, no miles other than ETH i believe.
I bailed on the explore trip and found it on orbitz. When I called to cancel with explore trip, it said they were closed so I picked a different option. Someone picked up and was totally unprofessional and I kept asking to cancel. You would have thought that you called a private residence in India or something. He kept saying I had to mail the request and finally he did it for me.

I snagged it on orbitz and got eticket numbers and a PNR that worked on Singapore air and check my trip right away. Picked seats as well. Crossing my fingers!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:18 am

Programs: SQ
It seems I've been double billed by TAP for this ticket.

That being said, everything else is intact and it seems as if the ticket will not be cancelled. Filed a dispute and will see what happens.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
Anyone bought non-refundable arrangements yet?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
It seems I've been double billed by TAP for this ticket.

That being said, everything else is intact and it seems as if the ticket will not be cancelled. Filed a dispute and will see what happens.
I was also double-billed at first for 2 of the 3 tickets I booked with ExploreTrip, but then the duplicate charge disappeared on its own.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.