Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Exploretrip issue 4/8/16 - Who all got in?

Old Apr 12, 2016, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by LadyinMT
Hi everyone,

I'm stumbled on this thread after purchasing some very reasonable US-> Europe tickets through ExploreTrip.com (via hipmunk.com) on 4/10. I received a GDS PNR # from exploretrip and when I plug the number into delta.com, my flight details seem legit. However, I'm very concerned that exploretrip hasn't charged my credit card yet. I've sent 2 emails to them in the last two days with no response, and when I called them today, the gentleman wasn't able to provide me with any information and said someone from his team would be calling me back.

My trip isn't until August so I have some time to get this figured out... I'm just concerned now that the super deal I stumbled upon was a scam but based on what I'm seeing in this forum, exploretrip.com is legit. Can someone confirm? I already booked accommodations based on the "Confirmation" email from ExploreTrip.com so I'm hoping everything doesn't fall through. Argh!

Best,

~Heather
I booked through Explore Trip as well and it took about 36 hours, give or take, for my card to get charged and for me to receive my actual e-ticket.

Best to wait to make future plans until your card gets charged and until you get the e-ticket - even wait a bit longer just to make sure the airline doesn't yank the error fare bookings.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by epocalize
I booked through Explore Trip as well and it took about 36 hours, give or take, for my card to get charged and for me to receive my actual e-ticket.

Best to wait to make future plans until your card gets charged and until you get the e-ticket - even wait a bit longer just to make sure the airline doesn't yank the error fare bookings.

Hope this helps! Best of luck.
Thanks, epocolize! Since I only vacation every two years or so, I had no idea there was such a thing as "error fare bookings". (and I thought I knew everything about everything).

Your note has at least calmed my nerves. I have patience, so will sit tight until... July.

Best,

Heather
Old Apr 12, 2016, 8:14 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by LadyinMT
Thanks, epocolize! Since I only vacation every two years or so, I had no idea there was such a thing as "error fare bookings". (and I thought I knew everything about everything).

Your note has at least calmed my nerves. I have patience, so will sit tight until... July.

Best,

Heather
Can you see your eticket number on Delta? What airlines are your flights on? You can check the ticketing carrier by the first three digits of the eticket, and you can plug your eticket into manage my booking http://saudiairlines.com to see some more information about it.

I also booked through exploretravel and it until took awhile to show up on my CC, even though the etickets showed up ~6 hours after booking.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titan
Just got an email from iTravel2000 that my booking was cancelled. Unfortunate but easy come, easy go.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 9:42 pm

booked thru flightnetwork.com JFK to LIS in August

today 6 pm cst credit card charge went from pending to posted.

no email with tkt #s from flightnetwork ...

could not find anything with original confirmation #, called flightnetwork - they gave me ticket numbers starting with 996 ... called delta ... they gave me new confirmation # .. shows on delta and klm ...

no receipt on delta ...

I will wait till the weekend to make non-refundable plans for the trip. if all goes well, this is as good as that AUH trip for $187
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by dandruff
I will wait till the weekend to make non-refundable plans for the trip. if all goes well, this is as good as that AUH trip for $187

996 is Air Europa - its good to go.
You wont see a receipt on dl.com as the ticket is not theirs.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Gold
How long should one wait after a hard post and e-ticket being issued to make non-refundable positioning flights etc?

RO eticket (281 stock)

Also on receipt all of my DL/DL Codeshares say "airport control" what does that mean?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: Delta
Thumbs down Cancelled

Originally Posted by montezume
Can you see your eticket number on Delta? What airlines are your flights on? You can check the ticketing carrier by the first three digits of the eticket, and you can plug your eticket into manage my booking http://saudiairlines.com to see some more information about it.

I also booked through exploretravel and it until took awhile to show up on my CC, even though the etickets showed up ~6 hours after booking.
It took 3 emails and 2 phone calls over the course of 72 hours for them to tell me my flight was cancelled. What a terrible experience and I'll avoid this company like the plague in the future!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Explore Trip failed to get my wife's U.S. to Athens ticket issued after sending me a booking confirmation last Friday and then made up several bogus excuses for its failure to do so. Crap agency.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Explore Trip failed to get my wife's U.S. to Athens ticket issued after sending me a booking confirmation last Friday and then made up several bogus excuses for its failure to do so. Crap agency.
Well if they were a good agency they would never have allowed this bug in the first place that led to rock bottom prices
Old Apr 14, 2016, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by TTTTroll
How long should one wait after a hard post and e-ticket being issued to make non-refundable positioning flights etc?

RO eticket (281 stock)

Also on receipt all of my DL/DL Codeshares say "airport control" what does that mean?
YMMV but this thread leads me to believe the airport control is normal, since RO has "control" of the tickets.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...a-segment.html
Old Apr 14, 2016, 7:48 pm

I just checked, my ticket is on 027 stock. I believe that is Alaska, can that be correct even though this is flying to a non-Alaska city?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 8:02 pm

[QUOTE Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer View Post
Explore Trip failed to get my wife's U.S. to Athens ticket issued after sending me a booking confirmation last Friday and then made up several bogus excuses for its failure to do so. Crap agency.]

Sorry, that stinks. Did they send you an eticket then cancel, or no eticket ever issued? I got an eticket, but was never charged (went from pending charge to nothing), so exploretrip may be cancelling me soon too.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I just checked, my ticket is on 027 stock. I believe that is Alaska, can that be correct even though this is flying to a non-Alaska city?

027 issued? AS doesn't ticket international tickets aside from awards (except for Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica).

And FWIW no one told me of this deal- just thrown off by 027 ticket stock.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Do you have any segments on Alaska?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.