Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Oops...Trigger happy--China help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oops...Trigger happy--China help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, AA Gold
Glad to hear it all worked out. Thanks for the recap, it was quite interesting and informative.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Rhinolicious
All-

PEK-DTW is delayed two hours, up oh....I'm going to miss the last flight Dtw-Atl

Call delta diamond line 'so I am in Seoul this morning, have another itinerary KE flight to PEK. Any chance I can just get on the ICN-DTW flight?'

'Let me see if it will allow mr. Rhinolicious......ok, got you confirmed Icn-Dtw 747, seat pref? '

But i did learn it's possible for delta to rebook you on another flight from another country?!?! I really expected the agent to tell me that it wasn't possible. Not only was it possible but it was seamless.
I think the Delta Diamond is the crucial part. As far as I get it, the agents can do just about anything, it's just the matter of if they are willing to do it.

I had a schedule change that made me miss my connection (a month before departure), and was continuously told there were no alternatives for the routing. I found a ticket on Matrix (biz though, I was in economy originally) and sent it to the agent.
3 hours later I get a confirmation email - I was booked on the routing I sent him in economy which *magically* appeared in the meantime (on a codeshare airline).
Moral for me: as long as the agent wants to do it, he/she can do it.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
OP, thanks for your trip report. Some observations:

It was ballsy not to have any Chinese (printed signs or otherwise), but glad you eventually made it to Tienanmen square. (Chinese pronouncement is quite difference - "Tien On Mun")

I believe your TWOV experience would be the same if you were to arrive from ICN. You show them your flight info leaving PEK-DTW within 72hr and they give you a day visa stamp. My guess is that everytime you leave, they look for a valid visa.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
One more point that would be of interest for potential MR's

'help' desk at arrivals spoke near perfect English, I asked where the lockers were, she pointed and 'left luggage' was about 60 yards to my back right

When you clear immigration, and come out, walk about 300 yards total, and its near gate 10 (big blue circle with "10" in the center on hallway wall just prior to left luggage area)

Left my backpack with them, they scanned in and gave me a ticket, paid in advance for 6 hours

Upon return, retrieved, again seamless, all articles in place and nothing disturbed, including some small Yuan notes I had left in bag.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL ✈️
Originally Posted by klanfa
I think the Delta Diamond is the crucial part. As far as I get it, the agents can do just about anything, it's just the matter of if they are willing to do it.

I had a schedule change that made me miss my connection (a month before departure), and was continuously told there were no alternatives for the routing. I found a ticket on Matrix (biz though, I was in economy originally) and sent it to the agent.
3 hours later I get a confirmation email - I was booked on the routing I sent him in economy which *magically* appeared in the meantime (on a codeshare airline).
Moral for me: as long as the agent wants to do it, he/she can do it.
Wait.. 747 upper deck... did you use a GUC? or was it booked in business to begin with? Or did you get that seat because your original flight was delayed 2hs?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
(Wait.. 747 upper deck... did you use a GUC? or was it booked in business to begin with? Or did you get that seat because your original flight was delayed 2hs? )

GUC cleared on all segments when I originally booked

No issues on the rebook

Would have been a deal breaker for me if was a downgrade to coach

All in a shade under $800 with lie flats on both TPACs and one domestic

That's a winner for this guy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.