Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Going for AA EXPLAT in 2 months

Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President

I will have Platinum status this year based on my already scheduled travels, however, I think I want to try to explat before the AA revenue system starts.

I will need a little less than 50k and I am based out of GIG. There are plenty of sub $400 flights to LAX/SFO that will get me almost 15k roundtrip. So I am looking at about $1200 and 3 trips to make it happen, very reasonable.

What would make it better (faster/more comfortable) is if I could find a business class flight that could earn me double miles so I could eliminate 1 trip.

I got one earlier this year GRU-SFO which brought in 28k+ for only $850, but I cant find anything else.

Anyone seeing anything on OW?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
You might update your thread with a more descriptive title.

For example: Looking for good AA Biz Fares ex-GIG/GRU
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
AA has a BUS fare to PTY for $700, might look into that. Take your coach GIG-LAX fare, and then nest a separate LAX-PTY. That should do it. Then again, you need to add the hotel accommodations as well.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz President
Originally Posted by arollins
AA has a BUS fare to PTY for $700, might look into that. Take your coach GIG-LAX fare, and then nest a separate LAX-PTY. That should do it. Then again, you need to add the hotel accommodations as well.
good idea, thanks! PTY isnt quite far enough, but I will keep searching/trying to add stops
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chrish09
good idea, thanks! PTY isnt quite far enough, but I will keep searching/trying to add stops
Did you try it through JFK? There's a premium fare there on that. And it's on lie-flats on the transcons ^

That fare also prices out similarly (read: a hair more) to BGI, MDE, and SJO, albeit with limited availability. It's at least worth a look if that gives you the miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.