Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Help with AA MR from CLT in Biz or First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, SPG

I'm a current EP but going to loose it in 2016 and want to take advantage of the MQM bonus for business and higher. I can probably go mid-week, and need to return before mid-March. I saw decent busines class to Panama but wanted to check other options. This would probably be out and back or one night stay.

No real restrictions other than no economy class int'l (I'm too old for that nonsense) and a budget cap of about $4k.

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Flights between the Caribbean (i.e. SJU, AUA, POS) and Hawaii or Alaska are relatively cheap flying business/first. For example, SJU-CLT-LAX-HNL-LAX-CLT-SJU out 3/2 return 3/4 is $1214, 12300 miles; or SJU-DFW-PHX-ANC-PHX-MIA-SJU out 3/3 return 3/5 is $957, 11135 miles.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, AAdmirals Club, Hilton Diamond
Try Asia

Since you are ExPlat, if you have SWU available, I would go to Asia. For example on Mar 2-6 you can fly CLT-ORD-PVG (Shanghi) is available for $754 at 15,298 miles - $0.05 per mile.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Best part AA has opened up SWO space and C4 on outboard, C2 return so you can confirm to Business at booking, but it is the old style angled business class seats.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Originally Posted by MCOSWAFlyer
Since you are ExPlat, if you have SWU available, I would go to Asia. For example on Mar 2-6 you can fly CLT-ORD-PVG (Shanghi) is available for $754 at 15,298 miles - $0.05 per mile.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Best part AA has opened up SWO space and C4 on outboard, C2 return so you can confirm to Business at booking, but it is the old style angled business class seats.
Given that OP wants to take the advantage of bonus miles for booking paid J, I don't think he's really looking at SWU opportunities.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
If you're serious about the budget cap, and want same-day turn, you can go to Seoul for just under 4k middle of next week. You can stay for about 1-2 days on that fare, too.

http://goo.gl/flights/hMal

You can also go to Dubai via Finnair. It's not quite as convenient a flight (with a 12 hour layover in Helsinki on most dates, but the layover is daytime and the two Finnair flights at lie-flats (as opposed to the DFW-ICN angle-flat). It will earn a bit less RDM though, as AY Biz class-of-service bonus is 25% as opposed to AA's 50%. There's a few dates in early March open here.

http://goo.gl/flights/tz5n

edit: You can also take the Dubai itinerary and go to New Delhi instead. It gives you same-day turn options, still on lie-flat. Right at 4k. Still have the 12 hour layover though to explore Helsinki.

Last edited by corncob; Feb 3, 2016 at 3:27 pm
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
If you're trying to maximize your mileage/price ratio, I would look at doing CLT-LAX-CLT with a nested LAX-JFK-PTY-JFK-LAX in there. I think (off the top of my head) there's a few places in the south Caribbean that you can sub for PTY for $100-200 that will give you angle-flats from JFK/MIA, instead of the recliner seat from MIA-PTY. Maybe BGI and one or two more. CCS has direct flights from JFK a few times a week on angle-flats, but it requires a visa and I think the flight leaves JFK at 7am so it would require an overnight there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.