Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Canada-S.Africa in J from 1,825 USD, *A and ST

[PREM FARE GONE] Canada-S.Africa in J from 1,825 USD, *A and ST

Old Jan 24, 2016, 8:51 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by cfischer
upgrade is only available on D and higher and that hardly costs $10 more. Even Z-class will be thousands more.
If booked with Aeroplan, it should give 100% + COS 50% bonus, if in Buz class even discounted fares.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:20 am

Programs: BA silver
It looks like if you choose an outbound/inbound with a codeshare segment (e.g. AC) it books in P class, if all LH it books (sometimes at least) in Z. P gets 100% miles on Aeroplan but is excluded from the COS bonus. Z gets 150%. (But the P segment on AC should still get you 150%). I don't think there is a 0% earning LH business fare.

Aeroplan website:
"Earn 50% bonus miles for flying in First or Business Class (Excluding Booking Class P)"
https://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...fthansaAirways
Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
For dual alliance people, there are some of these that book on BA for LHR-CPT.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:57 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Originally Posted by yhm71
It looks like if you choose an outbound/inbound with a codeshare segment (e.g. AC) it books in P class, if all LH it books (sometimes at least) in Z. P gets 100% miles on Aeroplan but is excluded from the COS bonus. Z gets 150%. (But the P segment on AC should still get you 150%). I don't think there is a 0% earning LH business fare.

Aeroplan website:
"Earn 50% bonus miles for flying in First or Business Class (Excluding Booking Class P)"
https://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...fthansaAirways

You are right that P does not give one COS. Only basic mileage credits. Z gives one 50% COS on Aeroplan. Thanks for the warning which I am totally surprised at. LH Buz class sucks anyway. Swiss is much better.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
You are right that P does not give one COS. Only basic mileage credits. Z gives one 50% COS on Aeroplan. Thanks for the warning which I am totally surprised at. LH Buz class sucks anyway. Swiss is much better.
LX is same, no 50% COS on P.

https://www4.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...rtner=SwissAir
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nk15
Click on this link below and choose "book with Lufthansa" at the end. It takes you to the LH site where there is an option for the outbound that costs 1312 CAD, and it says zero mileage accrual, while the one above it that costs 1321 CAD says 100% mileage accrual. I am not sure what is going on.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...YYZ1AC873;sc=b
it is an IT display error. There is no such thing as 0% on a paid business fare.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
it is an IT display error. There is no such thing as 0% on a paid business fare.
Good to know, I was also very surprised, I thought LH stooped to a new low in terms of mileage earning, I am glad they are not there...YET...
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:55 pm

The CPT deal is still showing but may disappear by tomorrow, I do not know that for sure but YYZ to CPT in Buz shows at $3045 C presently and it is possible to book on AC and SAA

SAA give the following COS to Aeroplan so one is guaranteed at least COS 125% on the SAA flights and 150% on the AC flights.:

Given AQD on AC, I just want to make sure this is booked on AC stock (014) and that is my big concern. I see several options that require the first and last leg on AC medal which I think means it should be booked on AC stock but how to know if that is the situation.

First
F, A, P
150%
375 miles
150% Actual Distance Flown‡

Business
C, D, J, Z
125%
313 miles
125%

Economy
Y, B, M, K, H, S, Q
T, V, L, W, G
100%
50%
250 miles
125 miles
100%
50%
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:22 pm

STILL LOOKS AVAIL. A GREAT MR TO A GREAT DESTINATION. lOVE CAPE TOWN.

CHECK OUT THE WONDERFUL COD FATHER SEA FOOD RESTAURANT IN CLIFTON, ABOUT 25 MIN BY TAXI FROM CPT. REALLY WORTH THE TRIP.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:46 pm

Mapping Fare Codes

Considering taking my first trip to Africa.

Questions:
Does LH offer 24 hr free cancellation? ...found answer...

Will LH-P map to AC-P fare (operating carrier)?

If I'm accruing to A3, will the mapped AC code be used?

Last edited by znke252; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:24 pm
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta MM, Lufthansa FTL, SPG Gold
Fare seems to be gone now
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mitflyer
Fare seems to be gone now
... well, it was set to expire 2/4 so what did you expect?

These fares are nothing special and they come back every couple of months. Just sit back, relax and wait for the next round to be filed.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

... well, it was set to expire 2/4 so what did you expect?

These fares are nothing special and they come back every couple of months. Just sit back, relax and wait for the next round to be filed.
Yes, the last similar sale to S.Africa/Asia for around $2k was probably about three months ago, so this should come back periodically.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:53 pm

iT WAS A GREAT DEAL BUT i JUST COULD NOT DO IT. i AWAIT IF IT RETURNS IN THE SUMMER TIME FOR NA TO CPT. i DID IT IN jANUARY 2015 and would gladly do it again if I can get it on 014 AC STOCK FOR ADM PURPOSES. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS AND DO COME BACK WHEN IT RETURNS.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
iT WAS A GREAT DEAL BUT i JUST COULD NOT DO IT. i AWAIT IF IT RETURNS IN THE SUMMER TIME FOR NA TO CPT. i DID IT IN jANUARY 2015 and would gladly do it again if I can get it on 014 AC STOCK FOR ADM PURPOSES. THANKS FOR POSTING THIS AND DO COME BACK WHEN IT RETURNS.
I couldn't do it either, I am already booked solid for 2016 with a ton of bargain J trips and some F award redemptions (I am on One World mostly, and I also need to burn before the major upcoming devaluation), so I will do it in 2017. This needs at least a few days in CPT to do justice to it as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.