Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

EARN A FREE UA RPU - UA: Long Distance W/V Fare International Jan Fares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EARN A FREE UA RPU - UA: Long Distance W/V Fare International Jan Fares

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Dog Woof Million Mile Member
Hong Kong

Originally Posted by mbwmbw
Hi All,

6 GPU expiring on 1/31/2016 (already called and had 2 extended- originally was 8).

Need a long distance flight (upgradable fares - GPU only) from USA to somewhere internationally with good turn times.

Right now I am planning on WAS-EWR-DEL-EWR-WAS to burn them. Need other suggestions. Better CPM is obviously appreciated.

Update: As posters noted I did not provide the price. The price for the W fare on that route is $1,550 USD for 15,468 miles. I have the last two weekends open in January and the couple days before that. Next weekend (MLK day) does not work as I already have an American flight booked.

Will award top candidate a free RPU (maybe two depending on how good).

-- mbwmbw
Hong Kong and Singapore are generally very efficient runs. Fri Jan 22 to Sun Jan 24 for $1449. To HKG out of DCA through IAH and SFO on the outbound,
from HKG to ORD and into DCA or IAD on the return. Lots of confirmable space on the return (R6). More miles (18,133) miles for less money ($1449) than you were planning on spending. You can probably find confirmable space on the outbound for less miles, but still more than you would have received through Delhi.

You can go to SIN and get about 19-20,000 miles, but the fare would be about $1800.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
Just for kicks, I see R space on 19JAN ORD-NRT (able to get W if booked to HKG).. but can't work any R space coming back. Good luck!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold
Due to two failed GPU attempts, I finished out 2015 with 4 GPUs left. I would have had 2 more RPUs, except I found a workmate heading to OGG on UA, so I was able to dump those two in Dec. I used 2 GPUs for a couple of my MRs in Jan, and the last two I used for a colleague flying IAD-LAX rt this week. Unfortunately, he didn't clear the waitlist on IAD-LAX this morning...ended up #18 on a GPU!!! Looks like I'll be getting that GPU back tomorrow.

With better paid rates in F, that's going to diminish availability in R further, and we're going to end up with even more RPU/GPU left at the end of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.