Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can someone help me find the good mileage run deal? Deeply appreciate it!

Old Jan 2, 16, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Hello my home airport is Omaha, NE. I can also accept Kansas City MO(3 hours drive from my home airport) or Des Monies IA(2 hours drive). I'm a AA Platium member. Can someone help me to put up some deals( only domestic travel pls, red eye flight ok). I have plenty of time so it's ok the trip takes couple days. But I want save some money so I don't want to spend money for hotels. My target is EXP. Thanks

Last edited by deeyuan; Jan 2, 16 at 2:30 pm Reason: Forget to input the info.
Old Jan 2, 16, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by deeyuan View Post
But I want save some money... My target is EXP. Thanks

So what's your budget? If you "want to save money" you should have set a target to compare against. Also, ExP. is 100k; if you can get your MRs at 4-5cpm or less, that means a total investment of $4-5k. An easier route would be to fly premium cabins to get the 2x or 3x EQM. But that depends on your budget. Lastly, if you want full miles for your trips flown, then you must do your 100k miles from now until June, maybe July at the latest, given the AAdvantage changes. Good luck.
Old Jan 2, 16, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IncaTrails View Post
So what's your budget? If you "want to save money" you should have set a target to compare against. Also, ExP. is 100k; if you can get your MRs at 4-5cpm or less, that means a total investment of $4-5k. An easier route would be to fly premium cabins to get the 2x or 3x EQM. But that depends on your budget. Lastly, if you want full miles for your trips flown, then you must do your 100k miles from now until June, maybe July at the latest, given the AAdvantage changes. Good luck.
My budget is 4K-5k given the fact that Omaha can be tough. Anything under 5cpm I will accept.
Old Jan 2, 16, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
As I posted in another thread, OMA-CGK is cheap, under $800, and over 20k flown miles. Not domestic, though.
Old Jan 2, 16, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA: Plat HH:Gold
do you need a visa to fly to CKG, through Japan….or if you could just point me to a thread that talks about visa's etc. Thanks
Old Jan 2, 16, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, and United
Hey, I'm in OMA...let's go together lmao

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2277;a=AA;eo=e
Old Jan 2, 16, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero View Post
As I posted in another thread, OMA-CGK is cheap, under $800, and over 20k flown miles. Not domestic, though.
I understand. But unfortunately I can not take international flight due to my visa status.
Old Jan 2, 16, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WriterGirlLinds View Post
Hey, I'm in OMA...let's go together lmao

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...2277;a=AA;eo=e
I really wish. But I can't take international flight. Sad
Old Jan 2, 16, 11:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist

Posted in the other thread, but you could do SJU without visa issues. $571 or 4.9cpm.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e
Old Jan 3, 16, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyingeph12 View Post
Posted in the other thread, but you could do SJU without visa issues. $571 or 4.9cpm.
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e
Sounds great. But you sure they don't require you show the passport?? Is the valid US driver license ok?
Old Jan 3, 16, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Triharder View Post
do you need a visa to fly to CKG, through Japan….or if you could just point me to a thread that talks about visa's etc. Thanks
If you're a US citizen, no visa needed for Japan transit. Indonesia has a free 30 day visa for tourists from most western and asian countries. Look in the MR forum for more info.

I'd recommend doing a day or two stopover in Jakarta. There are decent airport hotels for $30 or so.
Old Jan 3, 16, 2:00 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds great. But you sure they don't require you show the passport?? Is the valid US driver license ok?
Flights to San Juan, for immigration purposes, are treated like domestic flights within the US, and traveling to San Juan is like traveling to anywhere else in the US. You don't need a passport, you don't clear any sort of immigration on arrival in San Juan (making 30-45 minute turnarounds possible), and as long as you're allowed to travel within the US, you should be fine traveling to SJU.
Old Jan 3, 16, 6:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Plat SPG Platinum
Hello my home airport is Omaha, NE. I can also accept Kansas City MO(3 hours drive from my home airport) or Des Monies IA(2 hours drive). I'm a AA Platium member. Can someone help me to put up some deals( only domestic travel pls, red eye flight ok). I have plenty of time so it's ok the trip takes couple days. But I want save some money so I don't want to spend money for hotels. My target is EXP. Thanks
Given your tight budget, mid continent location and no international travel, it may be a bit of a slog to earn EXP, given the $4-5K additional spend needed. Most of your travel otherwise would likely be with connections or relatively short hops. Not too bad in coach with MCE or even cash and points upgrades on those flights that offer it. I respect that value is sometimes subjective and situational, but I am unsure how $4K+ for EXP represents good value in your situation. Perhaps you may want to give this some second thoughts. Is there something unique in your domestic travel pattern that makes this worthwhile?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: