Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA weekend MR ex-WAS in January?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (2020:Exp), United Gold

I still have a couple UA upgrades that expire in January, so I was thinking might be good to do some mileage runs and take advantage of these. I haven't had much luck finding anything really good.

Does anyone see any weekend opportunities out of WAS (IAD/DCA/BWI)?

I already have Jan 30 BWI-ORD-(SFO)-LAS-EWR-BWI, with only SFO-LAS cleared so far. BTW, I suspect this will credit as 5 segments (not 4), and if I'm right, it's probably worth a new thread on the UA forum.

Thanks, everyone!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
Originally Posted by wh6cto
I still have a couple UA upgrades that expire in January, so I was thinking might be good to do some mileage runs and take advantage of these. I haven't had much luck finding anything really good.

Does anyone see any weekend opportunities out of WAS (IAD/DCA/BWI)?

I already have Jan 30 BWI-ORD-(SFO)-LAS-EWR-BWI, with only SFO-LAS cleared so far. BTW, I suspect this will credit as 5 segments (not 4), and if I'm right, it's probably worth a new thread on the UA forum.

Thanks, everyone!
What are your priorities? Minimize CPM or fair CPM with confirmable R space?

I found a similar itinerary to your Jan 30th trip for Jan 16th.....: BWI-IAH-PHX-SFO-LAS-ORD-DCA for $400 (on my math, 5521 miles = 7.24cpm), but:

BWI-IAH : R9
IAH-PHX : R4
PHX-SFO : R4
SFO-LAS : R0
LAS-ORD : R4
ORD-DCA : R0
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Priority is definitely fair CPM with confirmable R space. Was really hoping for 5-6 cpm. Wishful thinking.

Thanks for the great idea going thru PHX. Wish they made this easier to find, like they do with award tix. Will post what I get, once I find something.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
Understood

What about something like this on 1/23: DCA-IAH-CUN-IAH-LAX-IAH-DCA

- R>4 on every flight
- $418 for 6798 miles = 6.15cpm
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

UA:$324 DCA-POS rt 6486PQM 4.99cpm

Originally Posted by GroundStop
What about something like this on 1/23: DCA-IAH-CUN-IAH-LAX-IAH-DCA
Unfortunately, the CUN option goes thru IAH 3 times, so I expect it would take three upgrades to do that. But based on your suggestion, I found this one with a little better cpm:
Sat 23 Jan UA:$280 IAD-LAX-IAH-DCA 4857PQM 5.75cpm RRR
Problem is, it starts and ends at different airports. A bit rougher especially on the weekend. The best option I could find was:
Sat 23 Jan UA:$324 DCA-IAH-POS-EWR-DCA 6486PQM 4.99cpm GRRG
Although the 5:45am departure was R1, I opted for 7:57am departure which is still waitlisted at F7PN5R0. I think weekend chances on an RJ175 is pretty good. The overwater segments confirmed immediately. And since this counts as international, United Club access is included.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, GroundStop!

UPDATE: DCA-IAH cleared at T-13 days. All upgradable segments have cleared.

Last edited by wh6cto; Jan 10, 2016 at 5:40 pm Reason: DCA-IAH update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.