Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/OW - JFK-TPE How to maximize mileage and is it worth shooting for Platinum?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

I am thinking about making a trip to TPE with a stay around 10 days starting the 30th of Nov. The itin I have is JFK-NRT-TPE-KIX(Osaka)-LAX-JFK with 17340 miles for about $815 all with AA codes. Comes to about 4.7 cpm which is not bad for a trip not specifically done for a MR.

My question is this: This leaves me with 6200 miles left to get to platinum on AA. Can I maximize my itin to get rack up more miles (especially on the return) and is it even worth trying to get to plat with a MR afterwards with that many miles left?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 6:46 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Knowing your home city and typical routes might help. The only big thing in my eyes with AA Platinum status is the 100% mileage bonus, but with the rumored (and expected) big changes approaching, that's likely not to be of much benefit in the near-semi-near future...
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HGH Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, Avis PP.
I'm not a super traveler, but the jump from Gold to Platinum was huge for me. Complimentary upgrades, mileage bonus, jumping up the list on standby/upgrades at the airport. Go for it!

Here is the changes for 2016:
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/11/aa-2...ntage-program/
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by Uknowwhattheysayaboutrobert
Complimentary upgrades...
Please elaborate. Only Executive Platinum members receive complimentary upgrades without the application of an upgrade instrument. The differences between Gold and Platinum, in this regard, are minimal (save for priority).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.