Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need 17,136 AA EQM's from ORD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLAT

Hello fellow MR's,

I am looking for help to put together an itinerary to pick up at least 17,136 AA EQM's from ORD in order to pick up EXP. Would prefer to do it over a weekend or multiple weekends (11/6, 12/11, etc). International is ok, prefer domestic though.

Any thoughts? All help would be appreciated!! Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:18 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks, I'll check this out! Very helpful!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Hi Geau, can you give me the exact routing for that 11/7 MR? Searching for this on Google flights and aa.com it's both giving me $439. Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:27 am

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I strongly encourage you to look at one single long MR. What Geauxtigers is suggesting is great....really good finds, but you'r only 1/2 way there and looking at booking 3 or 4 separate tickets in all, and this time of year that is risky. If one of those tickets goes WX and you can't get a ORC you'r looking at the heart of the holiday travel season and being 3-5K short. It will be frustrating if you come up short.

Take a look at ORD-CGK tickets in November. For $850 you can fly about 20K which is 4.1cpm. I know those are some butt numbing flights, but I think you'll be happier pulling the band-aid off (as they say) and not trying to put three or four different one day trips together this time of year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ord-896-a.html
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Madone59
I strongly encourage you to look at one single long MR. What Geauxtigers is suggesting is great....really good finds, but you'r only 1/2 way there and looking at booking 3 or 4 separate tickets in all, and this time of year that is risky. If one of those tickets goes WX and you can't get a ORC you'r looking at the heart of the holiday travel season and being 3-5K short. It will be frustrating if you come up short.

Take a look at ORD-CGK tickets in November. For $850 you can fly about 20K which is 4.1cpm. I know those are some butt numbing flights, but I think you'll be happier pulling the band-aid off (as they say) and not trying to put three or four different one day trips together this time of year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ord-896-a.html
I agree... I just did my first real long-Haul MR (10,000 miles over a weekend... Yes I know that's not as hard core as it could have been!). If I had done that 10,000 miles doing shorter trips it would have taken much more time. It was nice to get it all out of the way at once.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GM (2013 Gold, 2014 Silver), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I agree with Madone59. It will be a long weekend, but I think it's worth it. If you really want to split it up, I would recommend at competing it in only 2 weekends.

The following will get you very close if you route through DFW both ways:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...s-3-5-cpm.html

Read the China visa info. Transits are allowed, but I've heard of issues if the gate agent isn't aware of the transit rules.

Also check the forum for more ideas:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.