Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Old Oct 15, 15, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I got it to work with AARP, 30K paid with Avios, and paid with Mastercard. 10% discount will not stack, as previously noted. Took a couple tries to get AARP going but worked out in the end.

$1600 roundtrip for EWR-LHR-VIE // WAW-LHR-EWR. Those intra-Europe flights added up, and buying cheaper Economy tickets for the short-hauls would have made things cheaper (the actual EWR-LHR-EWR was only $1200 post-AARP), but too much of a pain. Throw in 30K Avios and that's $836.
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Hi everyone, I know this thread is blowing up but was hoping for some insight on connections. Thinking of purchasing this as a MR as I was able to find a RT for $448 from LAX-LHR. For those who have been to LHR, would 3 hours be enough time to transit to my return flight at LHR?
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by aurelien75017 View Post
Thanks to the OP. I booked LAX-LHR for 7/29 until 8/10 for $1216 on AA metal (with BA flight numbers), in business class.

Note i used the AARP discount but don't have the BA Chase card which would have brought the price under $1100 !!!

A
Chase Card discount has not been extended past 12/31/2015 yet
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA (Gold), AA (Platinum)
How do you get the BA website to knock off more than 7500 avios? I can only get it to take off $75.
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG PLT, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jackspoint View Post
How do you get the BA website to knock off more than 7500 avios? I can only get it to take off $75.
I'm having the same issue. On flights out of Denver, regardless of dates, it appears to be showing 7,500 Avios as the max discount. If I change to any other starting destination it shows 30,000 Avios as the max discount.

Anyone solve this issue?
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:41 pm

Programs: Airline Independent, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jackspoint View Post
I've been experimenting all morning. The problem is likely that your first flight is operated by AA Eagle. You can multicity and tack an Eagle flight on the end, but if first flight is AA-op and not TATL, Avios discount doesn't work.

That's my theory based on
ICT-DFW-LHR-DFW-ICT not working, but DFW-LHR-DFW-ICT working.

ETA: See below. Theory is wrong.

Last edited by HansGolden; Oct 15, 15 at 12:50 pm
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:48 pm

We are delighted to be able to offer these Avios part payment savings from both London Heathrow and City to the below selected destinations:
Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Bangkok, Beijing, Bengaluru, Chengdu Shuangliu, Chicago, Dallas - Forth Worth, Delhi Indira Ghandi International, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, JFK, Kuala Lumpur International, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Montreal, Mumbai, Newark, Philadelphia International, San Francisco International, Seoul, Shanghai Pudong, Singapore Changi, Toronto, Vancouver, Washington.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s/part-payment
Old Oct 15, 15, 12:50 pm

Programs: Airline Independent, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thanks, work2fly! So it looks like you must *originate* (or terminate?) in one of those cities.
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Platinum-to-be, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bhamsan01 View Post
Hi everyone, I know this thread is blowing up but was hoping for some insight on connections. Thinking of purchasing this as a MR as I was able to find a RT for $448 from LAX-LHR. For those who have been to LHR, would 3 hours be enough time to transit to my return flight at LHR?
In my experience, 3 hours would be enough time. You can hit a long line at customs, but I've never waited more than 30 minutes.
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by faceboy View Post
aarp website will probably come back when sale is over :d
it is functioning now
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:04 pm

It only gives me choice of economy now. Strange.
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL GM
Thanks to the OP and everyone else who posts in this forum. I've been checking here every day for a couple months since I have to go to a seminar in the UK over Thanksgiving and decided to make a trip out of it. Thanks to you folks, I got nonstop LAX-LHR for $1213!
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:05 pm

Just got SFO to HEL for 1150 per person! Thanks so much!
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:09 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, Starwood Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hamburglar View Post
Just got SFO to HEL for 1150 per person! Thanks so much!
I was coming here to post...

ORD-HEL for $3300 total for three of us during summer next year.

My wife has BA credit card, would I have received a discount paying with that card of another 10%???
Old Oct 15, 15, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
at 11:09am PST was able to book 2 tickers LAX-LHR

Tried to book another pair at 11:10am and prices went up to 8k.

Last edited by frebay; Oct 15, 15 at 1:27 pm

Search this Thread
Search Engine: