Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Old Jan 16, 16, 4:22 pm
  #451  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 2,120
Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
Bump.

Wondering if anyone can help me, as I'm trying to help out a friend.

Any way to look up the fare rules for this? He's canceled his tickets, and BA are saying he's only getting back ~ $300, which seems a bit silly.

Turned into me trying to find the fare rules, even for my tickets, and I cannot find them anywhere (classic.checkmytrip, BA Manage Booking, etc).

Thoughts?
I don't think any of these cheap tickets were refundable, so the ~$300 might just be taxes? The change fee on mine was pretty expensive too. But changing it might get more value than cancelling if there was any future use of a BA flight.
alphaeagle is offline  
Old Jan 16, 16, 7:59 pm
  #452  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,622
The fares I booked for our family and some friends during this mid-Oct sale are fare basis INN4S3Z3 and INN4S1Z1 but I think there may have been many variations and as you will see the cancellation policy varied

INN4S3Z3 says:
Code:
CANCELLATIONS
   
     BEFORE DEPARTURE
       CHARGE USD 500.00/CAD 500.00.
         NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
          CHARGE APPLIES TO ADULTS CHILDREN AND INFANTS
          WITH A SEAT FOR CANCELLATION PRIOR TO TICKETED
          DEPARTURE TIME OF OUTBOUND FLIGHT.
          INFANTS WITHOUT A SEAT ARE NOT CHARGED THE FEE.
INN4S1Z1 says:
Code:
CANCELLATIONS
   
     ANY TIME
       TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
         NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
          WAIVED FOR DEATH OF A PASSENGER AND PASSENGERS
          TRAVELLING COMPANIONS.
You need to provide city pairs, dates of travel and fare basis if you know it and someone can then look up that specific fare to see.

Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
Bump.

Wondering if anyone can help me, as I'm trying to help out a friend.

Any way to look up the fare rules for this? He's canceled his tickets, and BA are saying he's only getting back ~ $300, which seems a bit silly.

Turned into me trying to find the fare rules, even for my tickets, and I cannot find them anywhere (classic.checkmytrip, BA Manage Booking, etc).

Thoughts?
stephem is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 2:05 am
  #453  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Here, there you know how it goes.
Posts: 1,516
Thank you so much, stephem.

For the life of me, even with my friend's PNR, I cannot find the fare basis. Perhaps because he has already initiated the cancelation?

But, I can provide the flight details, if someone can help (or point me to how I can do it, "teach a man to fish" style). They are as follows:

LAX-LHR-CDG (BA 1509, BA 0310) March 25 (arrive March 26)
ZRH-LHR-LAX (BA 0713, BA 0269) April 3

Date of Purchase: October 15

Thank you!
aa213bb is offline  
Old Jan 17, 16, 4:56 am
  #454  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,622
LAX-CDG is INN4S1Z1 and is nonrefundable
ZRH-LAX is INN4S1Z1 and is nonrefundable

Both fares could allow cancelling the reservation and using residual for a subsequent booking, which is what your friend should have done, since ticket validity was pretty far out:
Code:
RESERVATION CANCELLED PRIOR TO THE TICKETED DEPARTURE TIME CAN BE REBOOKED ANYTIME 
FOR FUTURE WITHIN THE TICKET VALIDITY OTHERWISE THE TICKET WILL ONLY BE VALID FOR 
REFUND IF APPLICABLE.
Lastly, you need a subscription to a tool to find this info if you dont copy it when you make the booking.

Originally Posted by aa213bb View Post
Thank you so much, stephem.

For the life of me, even with my friend's PNR, I cannot find the fare basis. Perhaps because he has already initiated the cancelation?

But, I can provide the flight details, if someone can help (or point me to how I can do it, "teach a man to fish" style). They are as follows:

LAX-LHR-CDG (BA 1509, BA 0310) March 25 (arrive March 26)
ZRH-LHR-LAX (BA 0713, BA 0269) April 3

Date of Purchase: October 15

Thank you!
stephem is offline  
Old Jan 18, 16, 11:09 am
  #455  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Here, there you know how it goes.
Posts: 1,516
That's very kind and helpful of you. Thank you!
aa213bb is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 11:49 am
  #456  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 37
Hello all, just a quick question for flight time change. BA booked me to a new flight from ORD to DFW & the difference of time is 55minutes. Is there anything I can do to ask them to give me original flight or some other routing?
waqarsarwar is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 12:25 pm
  #457  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: bouncing C1&2
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 277
Originally Posted by waqarsarwar View Post
Hello all, just a quick question for flight time change. BA booked me to a new flight from ORD to DFW & the difference of time is 55minutes. Is there anything I can do to ask them to give me original flight or some other routing?
You don't specify what exactly has changed. If there's just been a schedule change for the flight DFW to ORD by 55 minutes you likely just have to deal with it. You might be able to ask and get the earlier or later version of it.
cvision is offline  
Old Jan 19, 16, 12:28 pm
  #458  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
Posts: 225
edit: Err, somehow I replied completely out of order for the thread. Ignore this :-)

Last edited by ClimbingCook; Jan 19, 16 at 12:29 pm Reason: I'm a moron
ClimbingCook is offline  
Old Apr 23, 16, 1:13 pm
  #459  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: PVG, SFO
Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 222
Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Has anyone cancelled this ticket - what is the refund you got?
I paid $446 +30K avios. Receipt was for $1172.

I called to cancel and was told a fee of $525 will apply. I will get back ~650 AND 30K avios which is obviously more than what I paid.

How does cancel work for part pay with Avios at this higher amount?

thanks!

Are you sure? I also need to cancel a J ticket paid $446+30k avios. I checked online and found that I need to pay $500 cancel fee.

Anyone had experience about this cancelation? Thanks!
maxswanson is offline  
Old Jul 3, 16, 2:59 am
  #460  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,622
We just flew these tickets and boy, talk about the gift that keeps on giving...

AA instituted the NA25k bonus which worked for these, netting a nice 25k bonus for each traveler in our group of 5. We needed to make some last minute flight reservations into Islip NY for the week after our return and these tickets more or less generated the miles to cover the cost of AAnytime awards for each of us to ISP. When I went to book to ISP in cash, the tickets were $600 each way. So effectively we got dirt cheap business class tickets to Spain for the family and then free domestic tickets during the busy (and costly) summer season!

Other than having to deal with the BA "dorm" style business class to get SEA-LHR nonstop (which even my 5 year old recognizes is an inferior business class product), this wound up being a sweet deal!
stephem is offline  
Old Jul 3, 16, 7:42 am
  #461  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MSP
Programs: AS MVPG, BA Bronze, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 355
Originally Posted by stephem View Post
We just flew these tickets and boy, talk about the gift that keeps on giving...

AA instituted the NA25k bonus which worked for these, netting a nice 25k bonus for each traveler in our group of 5. We needed to make some last minute flight reservations into Islip NY for the week after our return and these tickets more or less generated the miles to cover the cost of AAnytime awards for each of us to ISP. When I went to book to ISP in cash, the tickets were $600 each way. So effectively we got dirt cheap business class tickets to Spain for the family and then free domestic tickets during the busy (and costly) summer season!

Other than having to deal with the BA "dorm" style business class to get SEA-LHR nonstop (which even my 5 year old recognizes is an inferior business class product), this wound up being a sweet deal!
Have you ever seen AA extend the promotion? Our family of four is flying to Europe via this deal in August.
batmandds is offline  
Old Jul 3, 16, 8:41 am
  #462  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5,622
Originally Posted by batmandds View Post
Have you ever seen AA extend the promotion? Our family of four is flying to Europe via this deal in August.
Nope, they have been pretty regular promos over the last 8 or so years on both BA and AA and I haven't seen them extended. I also wonder if we'll see them in this same form once AA goes to its revenue based mileage accrual process on August 1. We definitely got one nice last hurrah out of these.
stephem is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: