Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Moindardt
Out of interest, did anyone get the SFO-JFK or LAX-JFK to book into F like we were able to on the last one?
I did on Delta. SFO-JFK-MAD-JFK-SFO all in Delta One, 767 for each leg.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 1:43 pm

Anyone downloaded T&C for cancellation of tickets as my wife said she might have a work thing and might be difficult to travel and I forgot to save the T&C pdf.Also would buying travel insurance with clause"cancel with any reason" help to get the non-refundable amount(75% will be given)
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by GeminisTwin
I did on Delta. SFO-JFK-MAD-JFK-SFO all in Delta One, 767 for each leg.

Not at all relevant to the OP's question. This is the BA/AA thread and the question was about being able to book F on the 3-class AA transcon.

To the OP's question, I never came across any F on the transcon.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Off-peak is 22.5k miles and peak is 25k miles per person each way. However, having that said, it's pretty rare for BA to release Z on LHR-California routes. I was looking at that option but decided to just fly AA 77W to LAX.

Z is pretty common on LHR-DEN/ORD/YYZ/JFK/EWR/BOS/IAD though (but you have to add another 2-5 hours in domestic F to SFO, which negates the value in BA F, but YMMV).
Are you sure on the Avios? I priced out upgrading LHR-SJC and it came to 50k Avios. Unless I did something wrong?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by whimike
Are you sure on the Avios? I priced out upgrading LHR-SJC and it came to 50k Avios. Unless I did something wrong?
25k one way = 50k roundtrip (I assume you are trying to do it RT?).
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:53 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
For the 25k AA bonus miles offer, are BA flights operated by AA eligible? Has anyone flown the flight and credited to AA and got the EQM/EQP and bonus?

From the AA website it's not clear if their definition of codeshare partners include the BA/IB operate flights

AAdvantage bonus mile offer is valid only on American Airlines, British Airways, Finnair, Iberia, OpenSkies or US Airways marketed nonstop flights for round-trip travel between the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Europe, September 22, 2015, through January 31, 2016. Flights operated and/or marketed by other codeshare partners are not eligible for this promotion.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by jix
For the 25k AA bonus miles offer, are BA flights operated by AA eligible? Has anyone flown the flight and credited to AA and got the EQM/EQP and bonus?

From the AA website it's not clear if their definition of codeshare partners include the BA/IB operate flights
What you bolded is referring to airlines that are not AA, US, IB, AY, EC or BA.

Any combination of those (BA-coded AA flight; AY-coded BA flight, etc.) gets the bonus.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 1:24 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by MAH4546
What you bolded is referring to airlines that are not AA, US, IB, AY, EC or BA.

Any combination of those (BA-coded AA flight; AY-coded BA flight, etc.) gets the bonus.
OK thanks, just want to confirm.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:00 am

I'm seeing +/- $2,800 IAD/LHR on a variety of carriers (including BA & AA) late Nov, Dec, etc. Is that the "normal" sale price for that route as opposed to the recent flash sale pricing? Or is just the regular price?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Anyone downloaded T&C for cancellation of tickets as my wife said she might have a work thing and might be difficult to travel and I forgot to save the T&C pdf.Also would buying travel insurance with clause"cancel with any reason" help to get the non-refundable amount(75% will be given)
Fee for cancelling is $500 USD. Day/time changes will be $500 plus difference in fare.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP75k, LH ft, IHG PlatAmb, BA, UA, AA
Has anybody had problems with the amount billed? Specifically, getting charged more than what was on the screen at time of booking?

I have my eticket receipt that shows total payment of $1192 plus 120k avios for my four tickets, but BA billed me $2600!

It took me almost two weeks to notice, due to the card's billing cycle. Called BA and first person said that it's a mistake on CC end. Called CC (Chase) and they, of course, said that BA charged $2600 to the card. Called BA back and they are now saying that $2600 is the correct amount, despite my eticket receipt. Were they hoping I wouldn't notice? Will need to contact BA billing tomorrow.

Did anybody else who paid about $300 plus 30k avios per ticket also get charged more in actuality?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Jose666
I have my eticket receipt that shows total payment of $1192 plus 120k avios for my four tickets, but BA billed me $2600!
Sounds like they didn't keep your AARP discount?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jose666
Has anybody had problems with the amount billed? Specifically, getting charged more than what was on the screen at time of booking?

It took me almost two weeks to notice, due to the card's billing cycle. Called BA and first person said that it's a mistake on CC end. Called CC (Chase) and they, of course, said that BA charged $2600 to the card. Called BA back and they are now saying that $2600 is the correct amount, despite my eticket receipt. Were they hoping I wouldn't notice? Will need to contact BA billing tomorrow.

Did anybody else who paid about $300 plus 30k avios per ticket also get charged more in actuality?
I'm having an issue too. I had booked DFW-LHR-MAN / LHR-DFW. 2 pax. Total charge was $1,449.82 after using 60k avios.

Immediately realized the fare was $500 cheaper if I dropped the MAN leg, called in to change, which I was told was fine as it was < 24 hours. New fare is $909.60. Told I will get a refund of $540.22.

Two weeks later I get a CHARGE of $540.22. BA is telling me they haven't charged me. I have the eTicket receipt showing the newly corrected amount and will be initiating a dispute with my credit card company if they will not fix it.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Has anyone cancelled this ticket - what is the refund you got?
I paid $446 +30K avios. Receipt was for $1172.

I called to cancel and was told a fee of $525 will apply. I will get back ~650 AND 30K avios which is obviously more than what I paid.

How does cancel work for part pay with Avios at this higher amount?

thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:37 pm

Bump.

Wondering if anyone can help me, as I'm trying to help out a friend.

Any way to look up the fare rules for this? He's canceled his tickets, and BA are saying he's only getting back ~ $300, which seems a bit silly.

Turned into me trying to find the fare rules, even for my tickets, and I cannot find them anywhere (classic.checkmytrip, BA Manage Booking, etc).

Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.