Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dyrewolf31
Just booked LAX-LHR-LAX (AA 77W outbound, BA A380 return) in April for $1416 with AARP. Viva Flyertalk!
^

Pile of miles for just 13 cpm in J!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Booked

LAX-LHR A380 BA J
FCO-LHR-LAX B77W AA J

for 2 adults and an infant on lap for $2933 - $580 (for using 22500 Avios) = $2353 total

Thx for the deal
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
exceptionally tempting...

SMF-LHR on DL in April from $1497rt, books into P/Z

without having a clear picture of next year's travel for work, though, i'm not sure i can justify the "MR" even at that price...*sigh*
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: Free Agent
Anybody else not able to book skyteam? not able to get the VS to price right, when you go to pay it jumps to 6k+.

Looks like im booking BA...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
exceptionally tempting...

SMF-LHR on DL in April from $1497rt, books into P/Z

without having a clear picture of next year's travel for work, though, i'm not sure i can justify the "MR" even at that price...*sigh*
Book a Holiday weekend? Fares are available until August after all. You could go Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July....
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:02 am

The pay partly with Avios is very tempting. I could basically trade my BA Avios for AA miles given the AA bonus on business class flights (25K miles) and save ~$1500 on a flight for two. So spend 60K Avios to save ~$1500 and get 50k AA miles (25K to each account). Not bad.

Also might qualify for the BA bonus avios: https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...rs/bonus-avios

Last edited by olouie; Oct 15, 2015 at 9:10 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Book a Holiday weekend? Fares are available until August after all. You could go Memorial Day weekend or 4th of July....
its tempting for sure but we are already going to SEA and BZE in February, visiting family on east coast in April, and planning to possibly head to NZ in September, so we are sort of getting to the point of being tapped out on vacation time
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:10 am

Thanks OP. I booked r/t trip for my wife and daughter(3yrs) from IAH-LHR and I was wondering what would happen if my daughter doesn't show up for her trip to IAH-LHR as she will be travelling earlier with me( one way tickets are not giving these special prices)
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: AA ExP, Turkish Gold, Spire Amb, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks OP! Just bought 5 of these for my nieces and their moms as graduation presents!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Thanks OP. I booked r/t trip for my wife and daughter(3yrs) from IAH-LHR and I was wondering what would happen if my daughter doesn't show up for her trip to IAH-LHR as she will be travelling earlier with me( one way tickets are not giving these special prices)
You mean you want to book one passenger on IAH-LHR-IAH but have them only fly LHR-IAH?

Not going to happen
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:24 am
Suspended

Fare rules:

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 16OCT 15.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
You mean you want to book one passenger on IAH-LHR-IAH but have them only fly LHR-IAH?

Not going to happen
Yes that is right.. so will they cancel the LHR-IAH segment if she doesn't show up for IAH-LHR segment

Fare rules on ba.com

Any time for no-shows ticket will have no value either for travel or for refund.
No-shows for a flight are considered a cancellation after departure and changes are not permitted.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: Free Agent
SAN-LAX-AMS-LIN-PHX-SAN $3,243 for 2 people in FEB
Routed through LAX & PHX for the a380 and 747- thought id gamble and try for an upgrade to first with miles!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rj11101
SWEET! Great news on the AARP extension. Hadn't seen that yet. Thanks!
I still see the promotion expiring Mar 31, 2016 -- would be great if this was extended but I can't find anything about that on the AARP or BA sites. Am I missing it?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by udaykiran82
Your daughter's entire ticket would be cancelled if she misses the IAH-LHR leg of IAH-LHR-IAH, and you'll be buying a walk up paid one way ticket unless you want to leave your daughter at LHR. Sounds harsh I know but that's how it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.