Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
AA price jumps today for Business to Europe.

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
There are still some fares on OW around USD 2000 before AARP. Cities and dates are limited though.
Most AA fares to Europe were up from $1,600 to $2,000 by the night before last. These $2,000 return fares were still around last night to most European cities though for limited dates and flights in some cases...

Today they seem to have gone up to over $3,000 to MAD for example and from $2,100 last night to todays price of $5,590 and higher to LHR.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA GLD
Dumb question that I have searched the interwebs/the BAEC subforum...

I know that generally upgrades using avios come from the same bucket that awards come from, and had looked up what had award availability in F beforehand....except I accidentally picked the first BA LHR-BOS flight of the day, on a 744, that had no F awards available and didn't realize it until too late. Frustrating because 1.) I wanted to instant upgrade and 2.) I wanted to take a later flight as to spend more time in the CCR and 3.) the two later flights have tons of F award availability

I checked the seatmap/EF for my flight, and it looks like it is still F9, 2 seats chosen. Any idea on when BA releases additional F seats? There doesn't seem to be a "method to the madness" BAEC thread (compared to the AA CX J/F thread that tells you "the rules".
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
First saw this deal on Travelzoo early Wed morning & quickly booked SFO-ORD-MAD-BCN-JFK-SFO at $1136AI. Very good deal, plus I'm now on same flts as family/friends for this Easter-in-Spain trip. Had used 112,500 AA miles, but now will cancel New flights are a nice combo of AA+Iberia.
Naturally, had to see what the buzz was on FT & the happy flyers on this thread + a friend urging, "let's go back to Ireland", had me try last night with good results. Was able to snag a May trip: SFO-LHR-DUB RT for $1590AI; all on BA, 747 & A380. Higher price but still a great CW deal. Thanks OP & all posters! Now will have to see what airport club meet-ups are planned
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by travelsavant
booked SFO-ORD-MAD-BCN-JFK-SFO at $1136AI.
Is this in Biz? That's a heck of a deal if so. Your Dub price is more in the region of what I paid for an OJ to Mad and Osl.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by psychoandy
Dumb question that I have searched the interwebs/the BAEC subforum...

I know that generally upgrades using avios come from the same bucket that awards come from, and had looked up what had award availability in F beforehand....except I accidentally picked the first BA LHR-BOS flight of the day, on a 744, that had no F awards available and didn't realize it until too late. Frustrating because 1.) I wanted to instant upgrade and 2.) I wanted to take a later flight as to spend more time in the CCR and 3.) the two later flights have tons of F award availability

I checked the seatmap/EF for my flight, and it looks like it is still F9, 2 seats chosen. Any idea on when BA releases additional F seats? There doesn't seem to be a "method to the madness" BAEC thread (compared to the AA CX J/F thread that tells you "the rules".
It's a waiting game. Sometimes people will announce their finds on the BAEC forum such as when ultra rare biz awards to MLE became available. You're best bet is to keep checking the BA site. Sorry to hear that you clicked on the wrong flights but at least you got a great deal. I'm guessing it was one of the $1200 aarp fares (hence the rush!) That's what I dislike about these deals, the mad rush to book something, anything, or risk missing out.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:00 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Originally Posted by IncaTrails
Is this in Biz? That's a heck of a deal if so. Your Dub price is more in the region of what I paid for an OJ to Mad and Osl.
Yes, Domestic First for SFO-ORD on AA, then it's flat bed biz rest of flights Base price was $176; rest was taxes & fees. Not too surprised at the higher base price of $576 for the May trip as it's later in the season + via LHR.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 4:31 pm

Hello all, rookie question!!!

booked first ever biz fare dfw-lhr-otp , waw-lhr-ord-dfw 340$ + aarp & 30k avios for next year in april... will that earn me 11732 according to great circle + 5866 (bonus) = 17598 miles when crediting to AA? I was planning to do Platinum challenge 10k for this year. So if i have my status by next year... will earn 35196 toward elite status? i guess my question tells everyone my knowledge of elite status.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
That will only earn you 11732 EQM, but it could earn you significantly more EQP and even more RDM. No matter what, 1 EQM is 1 EQM.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by waqarsarwar
Hello all, rookie question!!!

booked first ever biz fare dfw-lhr-otp , waw-lhr-ord-dfw 340$ + aarp & 30k avios for next year in april... will that earn me 11732 according to great circle + 5866 (bonus) = 17598 miles when crediting to AA? I was planning to do Platinum challenge 10k for this year. So if i have my status by next year... will earn 35196 toward elite status? i guess my question tells everyone my knowledge of elite status.
You don't earn bonus miles towards elite status, only towards redeemable miles. You will earn 11,732 miles towards elite status.

Also, Plat challenge was discontinued last month if I recall correctly. No more challenges for now.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:44 pm

thx for quick reply
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ThatAdamGuy
Once again, I procrastinate and am sad :\
Ugh, +1

I was looking at flights to Spain next March

They were a stunning $1450, then $2100 now over $4k from AA

The same exact flights are $3100 if I buy today via Kayak with BA flight #s (despite not a single leg being on BA)

Just curious what the group's take is: Do I buy via BA now, or hold off a bit?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Ugh, +1

I was looking at flights to Spain next March

They were a stunning $1450, then $2100 now over $4k from AA

The same exact flights are $3100 if I buy today via Kayak with BA flight #s (despite not a single leg being on BA)

Just curious what the group's take is: Do I buy via BA now, or hold off a bit?
"Hold off a bit?" Really hard to say. These flash sales seem to be the new way to bleed off excess inventory. Problem is, we have no idea how much "excess" inventory remains.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:43 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by JetAway
"Hold off a bit?" Really hard to say. These flash sales seem to be the new way to bleed off excess inventory. Problem is, we have no idea how much "excess" inventory remains.
Thanks. Was the end date of these recent sales listed in the fare rules (which I looked at, but didn't see an end date)... Or do they simply vanish when one carrier/alliance blinks and then the others quickly rescind as well...?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Thanks. Was the end date of these recent sales listed in the fare rules (which I looked at, but didn't see an end date)... Or do they simply vanish when one carrier/alliance blinks and then the others quickly rescind as well...?
It was a well advertised two day sale promoted by British Airways and matched by other carriers.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by JetAway
Judging from a recent, not even half full Club World cabin on their A380, I'm assuming there will be more sales coming up. Maybe not as low as $1100-$1200 with aarp like the other day, but those deals were limited to certain cities anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.