Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA/oneworld US to Europe for ~$1.4k on Biz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ncSam
Thanks, I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide for travel in April

Appreciate your quick response, however.

My best,
Jim
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:59 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by iker
Thanks, I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't provide for travel in April

My best,
Jim
I just don't think the website has an updated date, but according to some reports up-thread, it has been extended. I can verify that it worked for me yesterday for an April outbound with a June return.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I started looking at 1p ET yesterday from LAX and still could not get anything beow the advertised $2K for my spring travel dates.

Still, with AARP and Avios applied it came to $834/ticket, so no complaints.

Was looking at buying a coach ticket for my wife (and me flying business) just because she really doesn't care, as in at all, but coach was almost $1K. Sure, I had to use Avios but this is just incredible.

I am flying BA metal both ways--too many bad experiences on AA, even with 77W.

Now looking into one more August trip.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by cooltyler
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I'm no longer seeing the part payment with avios option either - glad I got one booking with it in!...when/why isn't that appearing anymore? [I assume BA took it away under the vague "eligible flights" language in the T&Cs]
Still working for me (as of 5 min ago). My recommendation is to log out of your avios account before you start your search. In addition, some city pairs (like SJC - LHR) don't show the high discount avios option.
I was. I tried different browsers, private/incognito mode, not logged-in, logged-in, logged-in to different accounts, different flights, etc. I was looking at (ORD-LHR) flights identical to which I already booked with 30k avios as part payment earlier yesterday.

Edited to Add...now the part payment with avios option has returned for me - yay!

Last edited by FindAWay; Oct 16, 2015 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by iker

My best,
Jim
it worked for me for July travel
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Craig6z
I'm cool with my friends overall... just wish they could make decisions on travel as fast as me (plus/minus 15 minutes )
I said to a coworker, also a friend whom I've just traveled internationally with for fun "Give me your CC. Don't ask questions. I'll get back to you when I complete this."
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: QF LTG
Last night just before 7pm eastern I helped a friend book JFK-MAD, BCN-LHR-JFK for $401. Anyone still seeing anything cheap or is it all dried up?

I absolutely can't complain about my JFK-LHR-VIE, FCO-LHR-JFK for just a few bucks more than economy though!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by batmandds
Booked family of four ORD-LHR-AMS and back for $1600/pp and then used avios to upgrade all of us into F. Thanks OP!
what dates are you flying. i dont get anything less than 2k..
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vsreeniv
With the AARP discount that would bring all 2k fares down to 1.6
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by ncSam
I don't think anyone knew the cutoff was coming (I expected it to be pulled much earlier). For what it's worth, the 2 day J sale to London for $2k is still being promoted on the BA website, so that leaves the price at ~$850 + 30k avios, which isn't a bad deal.
I know, it's just a lot easier to swallow the pill of paying ~$400 per ticket than ~$800, especially when you start talking about multiple people. It's particularly difficult to convince myself to move quickly on this when we saw such consistently low business class fares this summer.

I guess what was really frustrating for me was Google Flights, which was displaying prices on the calendar and then showing different prices once you actually selected your flights (but still not updating the calendar). I was seeing prices as low as $1400 before the discount, which would put cash costs around $330/ticket, which is really a steal, and I would have immediately pulled the trigger if I could have booked. $800/ticket is certainly a good deal (works out around 8 CPM if you ignore your 30k Avios investment), but it's no steal of a deal.

I think I'll work on a Y FD instead and pocket the difference and keep my Avios.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:50 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Originally Posted by vsreeniv
It went down to 1600 after using the AARP discount. Were you plugging that in?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:52 am

The issue I have when doing multi-city is that when I run the RT search I find the lowest legs then when I go to multi-city those flights are not options anymore.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Just priced out ORD-LHR in March on BA.com with AARP and Avios offer showing up.
Total price - $833 r/t.. which isn't as low as yesterday but a very nice deal nonetheless!
Once the $2k r/t fares expire, this deal is done.. but still alive in some ways. The sub-$500 r/t party is over, though.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by olouie
The issue I have when doing multi-city is that when I run the RT search I find the lowest legs then when I go to multi-city those flights are not options anymore.
I've been searching open-jaws on ITA Matrix to find the cheapest legs and then selecting those on open-jaw searches on BA through AARP and have been able to keep the prices down at the lowest levels.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 9:31 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Price changes must be sporadic. I've been working for the last 22 hours with a friend who wants to originate in TVC on an open jaw, and the price hasn't budged a cent. Hopefully he will makes his mind up shortly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.