Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

Old Sep 12, 15, 4:51 am
  #571  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SIN
Programs: BA Executive Club, SQ Krisflyer
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Contact BA and demand they'll refund you the difference. Given SIN's lame consumer protection, that's probably the easiest way..
I called the Bank and they refunded me the difference
tango3 is offline  
Old Sep 12, 15, 6:38 pm
  #572  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BNE, OOL
Programs: QFF WP, VA SG, Hhonors Diamond
Posts: 354
I called BA who were summarily unhelpful, just kept saying "the fare was invalid, you would not have been able to travel" and ignoring the fact there was no communication of this other than a refund appearing on my credit card. They very helpfully provided me a link to make a complaint
k_sheep is offline  
Old Sep 12, 15, 11:36 pm
  #573  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: European: ZRH, Asian: SIN
Posts: 8,317
Originally Posted by k_sheep View Post
I called BA who were summarily unhelpful, just kept saying "the fare was invalid, you would not have been able to travel" and ignoring the fact there was no communication of this other than a refund appearing on my credit card. They very helpfully provided me a link to make a complaint
Yes, they decided to play dumb on this one.. hoping that it won't impact their business at all (ie, people that are annoyed about their reaction - or lack of - won't tell anyone not to fly BA, won't chose a competitor more likely themselves etc.) - personally I think it's rather short-sighted. Especially after they gained some credit for their OSL-special fare which was honoured.. one stop forward, three steps backwards, so to speak..
YuropFlyer is offline  
Old Sep 13, 15, 1:01 am
  #574  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Asia Miles. Not bothering to join Marco Polo.
Posts: 16,779
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Yes, they decided to play dumb on this one.. hoping that it won't impact their business at all (ie, people that are annoyed about their reaction - or lack of - won't tell anyone not to fly BA, won't chose a competitor more likely themselves etc.) - personally I think it's rather short-sighted. Especially after they gained some credit for their OSL-special fare which was honoured.. one stop forward, three steps backwards, so to speak..
From a business perspective it's not much. Not as much as (say) appropriating their LHR slots.
percysmith is offline  
Old Sep 13, 15, 4:17 am
  #575  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, TK
Posts: 13,278
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer View Post
Yes, they decided to play dumb on this one.. hoping that it won't impact their business at all (ie, people that are annoyed about their reaction - or lack of - won't tell anyone not to fly BA, won't chose a competitor more likely themselves etc.) - personally I think it's rather short-sighted. Especially after they gained some credit for their OSL-special fare which was honoured.. one stop forward, three steps backwards, so to speak..
Yeah, but we have to get real about this. Even a generous handful of travellers upset about not being successful in getting mistake fares to stick is unlikely to generate "consequences" for the airline. (I'm guessing the disappointment generated is the root of the offence felt at no personal communication about the cancellation).

If I tried to convince friends not to fly a carrier simply because I'd been thwarted in this way, they'd nod politely then change the subject sharpish. (I might have singularly unsympathetic friends ).

British Airways didn't covered itself in glory on this one, but, there again, neither did I.

I can't see my use of the airline changing in any way because of what happened: that would be silly. I'll still fly BA when the schedule and fare combination suits, and be happy to shift over to another carrier when it doesn't.
IAN-UK is online now  
Old Sep 14, 15, 8:21 am
  #576  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Posts: 4,824
Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
I can't see my use of the airline changing in any way because of what happened: that would be silly. I'll still fly BA when the schedule and fare combination suits, and be happy to shift over to another carrier when it doesn't.
Agree in general, but I think the tipping point has shifted for some of us (hard to quantify though - for SIN/KUL having two shorter flights didn't make me opt for QR over BA). Maybe that means one LH trip eastbound in the next year gets shifted to AY or QR - but probably no more than that.
lorcancoyle is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 12:10 pm
  #577  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,346
Received a response from Customer Service

Hi,

After 3 weeks complaining via Customer Service, received a lengthy response from the customer service.. with some detailed explanation on why the fare was wrong, what they did wrong (claimed that it was due to some cut and paste action, wrong routing, etc..) and they are happy to rebook my flights if I call them to "as we do not wish to cause you any more inconvenience".

Anyone else received such a response?

Cheers!

ps: wanted to paste the whole response here, but thought better not since it seems like an email written by a person rather than some 'cut and paste' template used - in case I get some comments in my profile if it gets recognized
nldogbert is online now  
Old Sep 15, 15, 12:39 pm
  #578  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: BRU, AMS
Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi,

After 3 weeks complaining via Customer Service, received a lengthy response from the customer service.. with some detailed explanation on why the fare was wrong, what they did wrong (claimed that it was due to some cut and paste action, wrong routing, etc..) and they are happy to rebook my flights if I call them to "as we do not wish to cause you any more inconvenience".

Anyone else received such a response?

Cheers!

ps: wanted to paste the whole response here, but thought better not since it seems like an email written by a person rather than some 'cut and paste' template used - in case I get some comments in my profile if it gets recognized
Curious about how they actually justified this... you can send it in my mailbox if you want. If not also fine
tymoon25 is offline  
Old Sep 15, 15, 5:30 pm
  #579  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: Go Fish
Posts: 4,934
I think the email you received might once again be cut and paste, check the BA forum discussion on ex-Germany fares - some people got email which sounds very similar to yours.
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Sep 16, 15, 3:07 am
  #580  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Between AMS and BRU
Posts: 8,800
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
After 3 weeks complaining via Customer Service, received a lengthy response from the customer service.. with some detailed explanation on why the fare was wrong, what they did wrong (claimed that it was due to some cut and paste action, wrong routing, etc..) and they are happy to rebook my flights if I call them to "as we do not wish to cause you any more inconvenience".
Any mention if they will reinstate your previous booking or just that you are able to make a new one :-)?
RTW1 is offline  
Old Sep 16, 15, 3:10 am
  #581  
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,346
All,

Indeed, the response is exactly the same as discussed in the BA forum.

I would have jumped for joy if they reinstated it, but sadly no, it is that they are very happy to assist me in making a new one to as they said "as we do not wish to cause you any more inconvenience".

Cheers!
nldogbert is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: