Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I'm not sure a court would see it in the same way.
Makes sense. If an airline can take your money, issue your ticket, send you a confirmation saying you're all set then go 180 deg on that why would you trust any other communication from them?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I have a friend who told me that he bought two F tickets on the same day of the KL mess but with two different routing. One of them is FRA-HKG and the other one FRA-SIN for about $ 2500/each and these tickets are still intact
That price is about 20% higher than the SYD fare, and about double the KUL fare.

Why, then, are you confused by the fact that these tickets are "still intact"?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:32 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That price is about 20% higher than the SYD fare, and about double the KUL fare.

Why, then, are you confused by the fact that these tickets are "still intact"?
I am confused because BA has withdrawn these fares to SIN and HKG at the same time to SYD and KUL from their website, however, they kept the tickets issued at the discounted prices to SIN and HKG intact without cancellation?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Anyone got thte money back on creditcard now? Will call BA today...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:00 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Still charged here...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Got an apologized email and cashed back to my card with a huge different of currency
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:22 am

Still NO email and NO cash back yet.. given today is the first day that was bookable, I wonder if some people are actually booked for today, and without having gotten any cancellation email, having gotten to the airport..
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: LH
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Still NO email and NO cash back yet..
Same for me. On my booking new note appeared though:
Chhatrapati Shivaji (Mumbai, India)
Departure Date:
Monday 25 July 2016

Notes:
REFUNDS
Does this mean I will get the refund next July?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:39 am

I'll wait patiently for my next CC statement..

From my perspective, BA never informed me about anything since I've done the booking..
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am confused because BA has withdrawn these fares to SIN and HKG at the same time to SYD and KUL from their website, however, they kept the tickets issued at the discounted prices to SIN and HKG intact without cancellation?
Fares are withdrawn/repriced all the time.

It is not standard procedure to cancel all tickets issued on those fares at the time that such fares are withdrawn/repriced. If that was the case, there would be little point in booking tickets ahead of travel, given that once the fare expired, so would your ticket.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Still NO email and NO cash back yet.. given today is the first day that was bookable, I wonder if some people are actually booked for today, and without having gotten any cancellation email, having gotten to the airport..
Did you book directly from BA?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Did you book directly from BA?
Yes, directly from BA website, paid with Non-Euro card
Old Aug 28, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
I called Ba yesterday..was informed that refund was done on 24.8...but still nothing on my Amex statement...anyone got the money already refunded?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:10 am

Was discussing this on one of the other threads.

Also no refund or even a mail about a refund here. As someone posted above, there is a note in the booking about a refund processed from Mumbai. The future date is to keep the itin live in the system I believe, though we might be lucky to get the refund by then

Hoping to get a refund while the Euro is rising, I would definitely not be happy to lose money on this cancellation!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: AA
Hi all. I purchased a ticket and initially had it cancelled. After many phone calls this week I managed to break through the customer service wall and speak to people who could do more than read from a script. Been told in principle my ticket will be reinstated.. Will have to wait and see. Whatever chain of events occurred it doesn't seem like there was a mistake that would allow BA to cancel.

Good luck to anyone else who pursues this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.