Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) BA/CX/MH F: FRA-KUL, route via HKG and/or SIN, ~$1,300

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
some you win, some you lose.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by dutchgirlDH
Mine still shows in MMB but as cancelled. Oh well, travelling in F would only spoil me.
Same thing here. Also it is saying to contact BA to discuss other options!

Does this mean I have to contact BA so they process the refund or the refund is done automatically?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by mikk13
How would you know if it is a mistake or deliberate. I would book with some one more reliable.
It's hard to believe that a Flyertalk regular didn't understand that this was a mistake fare .

It was a mistake: BA isn't honouring it. I'm disappointed, and you're disappointed - but we'll get our money back: nothing damaged, nothing lost - time to move on.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by a9504477
That's very optimistic; my bet is they won't offer anything...
I'm pretty sure you're right !
And that wouldn't be too surprising... We played and we lost :-))
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
Not neccessarily disagreeing with you, but if they cancel any ticket so close to departure, the easiest way for any airline to avoid EU261 is to cancel the ticket altogether - as in your words if there is no valid travel document then the Regulation cant get off the ground.
Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense at all. At the end of the day airlines are established businesses operating under legal and regulatory oversight. To suggest they would capriciously cancel a ticket, i.e. rescind a contract, for no reason other than to avoid paying piddling amounts of compensation due under EC regulations is bonkers.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by irmster
some you win, some you lose.
indeed..moving on to the next deal
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Very brief thoughts

BA Conditions of Carriage

3.3. If you book with us directly on the internet at ba.com or Iberia.com, your contract will come into existence immediately at the time your booking is completed (unless Clause 3.4 or 3.5 applies). Your booking is completed when you see a "Booking Confirmation" page on your screen. We will send you an email or letter confirming your travel arrangements, together with a link to an online summary of your booking that contains a link to these conditions.
6.15. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the correct prices are displayed on our website and/or advised to you by our call centre, on very rare occasions there may be an incorrect price bookable. If there is an obvious error with the price at which you book (including where we have confirmed that booking) we will promptly notify you of that error and where possible you will be given the choice to retain the booking and pay the correct price within the time period indicated. Alternatively you can cancel the booking and receive a refund of any monies paid or select an alternative holiday, paying or receiving any difference in price to that originally paid. If you do not elect to retain the booking within the time period indicated we reserve the right to cancel the booking and will refund you any monies paid.
8.3. We are only liable to you for cancellations or significant changes to your booking by us. A significant change is one that we make to your booking before your departure that affects an essential term of your contract.
11.1. Subject to Clauses 11.3 to 11.11, we accept liability to you:

if any of the component parts of the booking you made with us are not provided or not provided as booked;
if the services we or our suppliers provide are not of a reasonable standard. Reasonable standards are judged by the standards applicable in the place where the relevant part of the booking is provided;
for the acts of our employees, agents and (in the case of Packages sold to EU residents) subcontractors, as long as they were at the time carrying out work we authorised;
if you or any member of your party dies, is injured or becomes ill arising from negligence because we or (in the case of Packages sold to EU residents) our suppliers failed to act with reasonable care;
if we have deliberately misrepresented anything to you before you entered into this booking which then caused you to make the booking.
11.2. Unless Clause 11.3 applies, you agree that, if a significant change is made to your booking, which ever choice you make under Clause 8.6 above, you will be entitled to receive on account of your losses the minimum compensation amounts set out in the table below per booking, depending on when we notify you of the change. We will only pay you for losses which may fairly and reasonably be considered as arising naturally (that is according to the usual course of things) from any significant change we make.
Emphasis added

In most these cases BA had confirmed so the contract was in existence. I am not sure that there is an "obvious error" for the reasons previously have mentioned by others. I have not checked EU261 but I think it could apply here - otherwise airlines could easily contract out of it.

Had the fares been departing from Scotland, I would even have asked my firm to take on a case. However, the flights departed from Germany so jurisdiction would be England or Germany. The other problem is if your not claiming an injunction for specific performance then your best shot at damages would be to pay for an alternative first class flight and MCOL the difference. That is a high risk strategy.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense at all. At the end of the day airlines are established businesses operating under legal and regulatory oversight. To suggest they would capriciously cancel a ticket, i.e. rescind a contract, for no reason other than to avoid paying piddling amounts of compensation due under EC regulations is bonkers.
Sounds like something that Ryanair would do if they thought they could get away with it
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by flieduk
Sounds like something that Ryanair would do if they thought they could get away with it
A bit like claiming a delay of over 24 hours wasn't a cancellation
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:39 pm

Stage 7b is now officially on. Where's Paul4travel?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
... established businesses operating under legal and regulatory oversight.
Try telling that to Jet2
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Yet the honored these: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ess-combo.html
But, let's be honest here BA F isn't exactly the cream of the crop.

Sorry for those purchased and won't be able to fly.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Where's Paul4travel?
On our ignore lists?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I hope some of those which booked <14 days out will show who is the boss.

For us others, probably no way to get BA to honour it.
the 14 day period is only of relevance to customers whose flight (not ticket) was cancelled, and whom the airline involved, after doing their best to get the affected customer to their destination by rebooking/rerouting the affected customers, cannot deliver said passengers to their destination within a certain period of time in comparison to the original arrival time. When the cancellation occurs within 14 days of departure, it doubles the compensation payable.

EC261/2004 does not apply here. BA has not cancelled any flights. BA is not re-routing passengers. Therefore, BA will not have to pay "compensation" for failing to deliver passengers to their destinations. The tickets have been voided by BA. Without a ticket, EC261/2004 does not even come into effect.

Fight this if you want; just don't refer to any of the EC261/2004 provisions.

Instead, refer to national law (contract law), not this regulation.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by flieduk
Very brief thoughts

Emphasis added

In most these cases BA had confirmed so the contract was in existence. I am not sure that there is an "obvious error" for the reasons previously have mentioned by others. I have not checked EU261 but I think it could apply here - otherwise airlines could easily contract out of it.

Had the fares been departing from Scotland, I would even have asked my firm to take on a case. However, the flights departed from Germany so jurisdiction would be England or Germany. The other problem is if your not claiming an injunction for specific performance then your best shot at damages would be to pay for an alternative first class flight and MCOL the difference. That is a high risk strategy.
I think you are quoting the wrong conditions of carriage - you are quoting those that apply to holiday bookings and not flight only. In some ways its a shame that they dont apply, as BA are obliged to make reasonable efforts to contact the customer, which as of right now they havent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.