Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] Ey: Mow-bkk/bkk-syd(mel)/syd(mel)-mow ~2000usd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] Ey: Mow-bkk/bkk-syd(mel)/syd(mel)-mow ~2000usd

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:32 am

Thanks Keter. I sent a complaint to EY via their website 28JUL. Still not heard a word back. Perhaps they are prioritising the complaints from passengers resident in Russia first?
Please keep us updated on this!
Old Aug 11, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by bananahead
Thanks Keter. I sent a complaint to EY via their website 28JUL. Still not heard a word back. Perhaps they are prioritising the complaints from passengers resident in Russia first?
Please keep us updated on this!
I have no idea. I thought last week EY was rethinking the reply strategy, but i got another standard reply yesterday, seems like someone was out of office for the week and that's it. They cancelled even tickets without Australia, all tickets sold under these fares, even if all the benefits of those were not used. Too unprofessional Maybe means to many tickets to go through.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
The media war against EY

Here
Russians are the wrong people to piss off. They have BUKs
Old Aug 12, 2015, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Russians are the wrong people to piss off. They have BUKs
If this is a joke, then let it stay that.

Not all Russians are happy with the political circus that we have now in the country, it is just ridiculous.

Said that, id be happy if we are able to start and win a class action against EY. Well i'll be also happy if i can manage it to go though the court myself
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
Are you intending to bring a claim against Amex in the UK?

Just out of interest, as I know you work in this sector—what do credit card companies think about customers who sue them for breaches by the supplier? Do they say "fair's fair, this is a cost of doing business in the UK" or is it a black mark against the customer?
There are two ways customers can proceed. One is charge-back, but that is a bit too tricky and requires my issuer bank contacting the merchant's bank to recover the funds. But given I have the email from Etihad, I am almost certain this route would work and it would take some time but money will come.

Section 75 claim (applicable only where total purchase was >Ł100) is recovered directly from my issuer and the banks are not as keen on this. It's not a MCOL or such, where it costs me money to claim, it is just a call and form filling exercise and bank then investigates and gives you the money back. There are fraud checks which are part of this as a clear line of who paid and whom has to be established, but other than that, it is very straigh-forward. We do not blackmark or initiate any account closures/credit limit decreases as a result of section 75 claims, they are part of regulatory framework and any appeals would likely bring us to disrepute and financial ombudsman claims.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 8:50 am

One person reported to have submitted a court case in Moscow. This was sent to the court via mail (to get clear reason if anything is wrong with the papers) so it will take some time for the court to process.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:11 pm

Another Moscow news channel took part in our media war:

See here.

This time the head of the representative came to the people to explain that this was a technical glitch.

Well, If it comes to that they will need to explain how come they had this glitch for more than a month and not just for 2 days
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Keter
Another Moscow news channel took part in our media war:

See here.
Sorry, no translation to English this time.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:16 pm

Does anyone have access to GDS? The functionality of EF is insufficient to what i need to do/ check. Please PM.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
So it looks like Etihad took my money gave me $300aud short refund and don't want to speak to me unless I pay a extra $27,000 for my flight . Great customer service over there
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
I lost ~20€ on cc exchange rate when my ticket was refunded. I have emailed the russian EY office with a complaint. They asked for my IBAN account number and after 3 days I had money on my account.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:06 pm

Hey sinus. Can you give us more details on how to contact the EY moscow office?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: TK*G (Elite+)
The address is mentioned on the EY contact page: [email protected]
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:36 pm

Thanks sinus
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I have got multiple responses from Etihad :

Thank you for writing to us.

We are unable to offer you the previous fare.

If you wish to travel with us on the same or a similar routing on the current fare please advice us of a contact number and a member of our team will call you to assist you accordingly.

Your sincerely ,
xxxxxx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.