Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Old Jun 23, 15, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by michellt View Post
If I could get my dates on an C/D/J fare both ways I would do it in a heartbeat! Nothing from the West Coast for my dates and not willing to fly even for cheap without earning miles on AS!
Agreed. When are you looking? I got J over Christmas.
Old Jun 23, 15, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
Actually just checked again (for President's Day week) and deal is gone! Looking at $1350 each way as the lowest for Business.
Old Jun 23, 15, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by michellt View Post
... deal is gone! Looking at $1350 each way as the lowest for Business.
Isn't that the deal ($1325-$1500ish)?
Old Jun 23, 15, 8:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sfducati View Post
Isn't that the deal ($1325-$1500ish)?
Looking at $1350 each way now as compared to $1325-1400 round-trip.
Old Jun 23, 15, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Has anyone actually obtained a refund? Is it simple? I would be tempted to get another one if it is that easy.
Not for this deal but another AM fare it took me 3 weeks and many, many, many calls to solve nothing on a refund. Filed a charge back and my credit card (amex) took care of it from there. Had to send in a bunch of docs but amex sided with me when AM refused to refund the money. This was over a year ago so YMMV.
Old Jun 23, 15, 9:13 pm

Did anyone try booking the companion ticket through the World Elite MC benefit today/recently? I tried calling two different times today. The first time, the agent said it'll take her a while to research the flights and she can email me once she's done. I didn't get any email so I called again the 2nd time after 4 hours. The second time, after 30 mins waiting, the agent came back and said she sees the flights but do not see prices.

Does this happen a lot where they can't find the prices, and therefore cannot help me make the reservation? Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 15, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Has anyone actually obtained a refund? Is it simple? I would be tempted to get another one if it is that easy.
I got a refund on one of these trips. Took 6 days to show on up on my Amex, but was otherwise painless (the phone call to request the refund was answered immediately and took barely 3 minutes).

Looks like mostly mid-week flights left now (to/from SFO) and holidays are gone. My trips will be mid-November and mid-April, all flights in J (200% MQM on Delta)
Old Jun 23, 15, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre View Post
I got a refund on one of these trips. Took 6 days to show on up on my Amex, but was otherwise painless (the phone call to request the refund was answered immediately and took barely 3 minutes).

Looks like mostly mid-week flights left now (to/from SFO) and holidays are gone. My trips will be mid-November and mid-April, all flights in J (200% MQM on Delta)
Nice! Looks like AM is getting their customer service in better shape. Might just have to book another trip :-)
Old Jun 27, 15, 6:45 pm

is this deal gone?

I wish I had read this thread a week ago! I am planning a trip to EZE and I'm wondering if anyone is finding these fares anywhere. I have flexibility for any time in December, and can leave from any US city. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Jun 27, 15, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
Originally Posted by Sevillabear View Post
I wish I had read this thread a week ago! I am planning a trip to EZE and I'm wondering if anyone is finding these fares anywhere. I have flexibility for any time in December, and can leave from any US city. Thanks in advance for any help!
Looks like it's done from SFO, not seeing any dates
Old Jun 27, 15, 8:07 pm

Drats - that's what I figured. Thanks for checking.
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:05 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold Plus 5-Star
Quick Turnaround in EZE?

Hey All...booked this deal a little while ago for October as a quick turnaround, but I only have 2 hrs and 5 mins between landing and takeoff in EZE (9:25 pm to 11:30 pm). I'll only have a small carryon backpack, but I'll have to clear customs and go back through security at EZE. I'm starting to get concerned that this isn't enough time.

Any EZE veterans out there who can provide some input on this?

Much appreciated.
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:17 am

Programs: Paid F
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK View Post
Hey All...booked this deal a little while ago for October as a quick turnaround, but I only have 2 hrs and 5 mins between landing and takeoff in EZE (9:25 pm to 11:30 pm). I'll only have a small carryon backpack, but I'll have to clear customs and go back through security at EZE. I'm starting to get concerned that this isn't enough time.

Much appreciated.
Well you didn't leave enough time to even get a nice steak and a glass of wine. I'd say that's a huge problem right there
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by LA2NY&BACK View Post

Much appreciated.
If you can OLCI, I don't know why you can't just go through transit security, but maybe what do I know?

In any event, a 9:25 arrival should provide for a very quick immigration experience (if necessary) and a fairly quick exit procedure as you're past peak time (security, migraciones) - I don't know what sort of quilombo the AM check-in area might be at that hour, but I'll know in a couple of weeks!
Old Jul 1, 15, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat, Hertz Gold Plus 5-Star
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
If you can OLCI, I don't know why you can't just go through transit security, but maybe what do I know?

In any event, a 9:25 arrival should provide for a very quick immigration experience (if necessary) and a fairly quick exit procedure as you're past peak time (security, migraciones) - I don't know what sort of quilombo the AM check-in area might be at that hour, but I'll know in a couple of weeks!
Agreed that OLCIing is a good move to avoid going to the check-in counter, but even if I OLCI, don't I still have to deal with the customs line? After a 3 hour cluster at FCO last month, I'm a little gun-shy. If there's a way to avoid it, I'm all ears.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: