Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Old Jun 19, 15, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by cliburn View Post
They told me second ticket non-refundable and subject to change fees.
That is what they told me too.
Old Jun 19, 15, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, HH DM, Bnvoy Plat, Htz PC
Originally Posted by dll View Post
You've been to Antartica without going through South America?
Its quite likely if working there- many work flights go out of New Zealand. The cruise ships go from South America...
Old Jun 20, 15, 12:44 am

Booked 2 tickets (SMF-MEX-EZE-MEX-GDL-SMF) 2-14Dec $3200
Had to pay $50x2 for plus seat from GDL to SMF. Seems well worth it, in particular cuz got a J class tickets which seem to get 200% MQM for Delta! And spending 4 days in MEX on the outbound leg.
Thanks all for the heads up on this one!
Old Jun 20, 15, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Just booked one of these (to/from SFO, D fare o/b, J i/b) for a bit over $1500. But, boy, what a hassle. Booked online, but website said not ticketed and call to finalize. Also said "invalid FF #" to correctly entered AS MP number.

First AM agent on phone said bank declined cc# (despite ample credit). Called bank, they said no charge ever submitted. CC #2 also said to be declined. Second AM agent said AM itself actually was declining certain cards commonly considered fraudulent. AM finally accepted cc# 3...after I had to get bank to unlock that one. AM still would not enter my AS # for credit, claiming they only would do that if AS segment part of rez. Not supported by AS partner credit terms at all.

Anyway, glad to have the itin booked. Still need to call AS about mileage credit claim by AM. Simple 10 minute online rez so far has involved another hour on the phone.

Anyone else had any complications along these lines? Or just my bad luck?

--mcz
Old Jun 20, 15, 2:30 pm

I had a similar experience trying to book with AM. Apparently their "systems" are rejecting several credit cards that aren't MasterCard. Since I don't have a MC, the best suggestion they could come up with was that I either use Western Union (no way) or that I drive to the airport and pay at the counter. Long story short I decided to let my reservation expire. Pretty awful from a customer service standpoint.

Separately - does anyone have suggestions on how to make this deal work from IAH? I've seen it available from many cities, but no Houston unfortunately...
Old Jun 20, 15, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by mczlaw View Post
Just booked one of these (to/from SFO, D fare o/b, J i/b) for a bit over $1500. But, boy, what a hassle. Booked online, but website said not ticketed and call to finalize. Also said "invalid FF #" to correctly entered AS MP number.

First AM agent on phone said bank declined cc# (despite ample credit). Called bank, they said no charge ever submitted. CC #2 also said to be declined. Second AM agent said AM itself actually was declining certain cards commonly considered fraudulent. AM finally accepted cc# 3...after I had to get bank to unlock that one. AM still would not enter my AS # for credit, claiming they only would do that if AS segment part of rez. Not supported by AS partner credit terms at all.

Anyway, glad to have the itin booked. Still need to call AS about mileage credit claim by AM. Simple 10 minute online rez so far has involved another hour on the phone.

Anyone else had any complications along these lines? Or just my bad luck?

--mcz
I couldn't put my AS Mileage Plan number in during my online booking; however I called AM and they manually added it. I'll be sure to keep all my ticket stubs just in case...
Old Jun 20, 15, 11:11 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
No issues booking for me. Used my Delta Amex to make 2 separate bookings and they were both accepted. Have since cancelled one of them (it was fully refundable) and still waiting for my refund tho (they said it might be several weeks)
Old Jun 20, 15, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre View Post
No issues booking for me. Used my Delta Amex to make 2 separate bookings and they were both accepted. Have since cancelled one of them (it was fully refundable) and still waiting for my refund tho (they said it might be several weeks)
AM is notoriously bad with refunds. If you don't get it in 7 days file a charge back.
Old Jun 23, 15, 9:30 am

Programs: UA: Gold
Not from IAH but plenty of seats ex-SAT. Involves 13 hr overnight layover in Mexico City.
Old Jun 23, 15, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by centxwx View Post
Not from IAH but plenty of seats ex-SAT. Involves 13 hr overnight layover in Mexico City.
Ouch. There is an in-terminal hotel @ MEX. Also, since you have to clear immigration/customs for your transit, visiting the hotel doesn't involve any extra tramites than a regular transit.
Old Jun 23, 15, 3:47 pm

Programs: TK Elite+, OZ Diamond, CX Silver
I just couldn't take it anymore

This deal has been hanging around for like 2 weeks. I finally succumbed to the pressure and booked 2 tickets ORD-EZE $1448/each in C (fully refundable, changeable, and full refund for no show) for next May. $100 extra is like insurance for unforeseen events happening between now and May 2016.

Now I can sleep well tonight.
Old Jun 23, 15, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
I'm about to book another one for next year too. If I have enough fun this year, I'll go again. Otherwise, I'll just get my money back. It's almost a no-brainer.
Old Jun 23, 15, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre View Post
I'm about to book another one for next year too. If I have enough fun this year, I'll go again. Otherwise, I'll just get my money back. It's almost a no-brainer.
Has anyone actually obtained a refund? Is it simple? I would be tempted to get another one if it is that easy.
Old Jun 23, 15, 7:48 pm
Suspended

If the connection ex BOS wasn't so horrible, I might have bought a ticket. Now, I just leave it.
Old Jun 23, 15, 7:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
If I could get my dates on an C/D/J fare both ways I would do it in a heartbeat! Nothing from the West Coast for my dates and not willing to fly even for cheap without earning miles on AS!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: