Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Old Jun 17, 15, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
i want to do this, but my wife would kill me as i have promised to her no international MRs this year.

of course, we can argue about whether said killing might be to my benefit or detriment.
You'll get about 16K AS EQMs. How can you resist?
Old Jun 17, 15, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
You'll get about 16K AS EQMs. How can you resist?
i'd bank it to DL to re-up FO or Gold.

i can resist b/c i need hassle from my wife less than i need DL status.
Old Jun 17, 15, 3:18 pm

Thanks, OP

^Thanks, OP. Booked one for April'16.
Old Jun 17, 15, 3:41 pm

Anyone else amazed that this deal is still alive? Seems too good to be true, maybe I need to purchase another one
Old Jun 17, 15, 4:15 pm

The full J fares are changeable and fully refundable.
Yes, but you said you rebooked from your original C fares. I didn't know that C fares can be rebooked without any fee.

I rebooked mine for 2 days later (both outbound and inbound) since those were J fares rather than my original C fares. Was $75 more, but gets me an extra 50% MQM and an extra 10% MQD.
Old Jun 17, 15, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy View Post
You can rebook without any fee? Did you go through the MasterCard for any discount?
Many of these are "Premier" fares, they are fully refundable and changeable. Don't have a MasterCard

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy View Post
Yes, but you said you rebooked from your original C fares. I didn't know that C fares can be rebooked without any fee.
As long as it's "Premier" (far right column on the booking page), it's fully refundable. Some of those are C and some are J. On some days, they are substantially cheaper than the "Confort" non-refundable business class!
Old Jun 17, 15, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer View Post
Anyone else amazed that this deal is still alive? Seems too good to be true, maybe I need to purchase another one
Yes, amazing. And I'm thinking what you're thinking....purchase another one!
Old Jun 18, 15, 9:08 am

Programs: AS MVPG, DL DM, Hyatt Glob
how to ticket?

Forcing the booking codes in Matrix, I can finally find my flights in C/D class that will credit to AS. However I can't seem to find a way to book this.

(Aeromexico site doesn't show availability for round-trip unless you're buying in the same class, which isn't available since it's C one way and D the other, and Orbitz sells it as an I class return).

Any suggestions?

SFO AM X/MEX AM BUE Q280.00 347.50DRXPM AM X/MEX AM SFO Q280.00 387.50CRW7PP NUC 1295.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 5.00XA 35.40US 5.60AY 10.00QO 10.00TQ 43.93XR 2.20YR 4.50XF SFO4.50
Old Jun 18, 15, 10:47 am

Programs: Paid F
Just bagged three tickets @ $1500/ea, SFO-EZE in C/J for spring break next year. I have always wanted to see some of South America as it's the last continent I have yet to set foot in!

Edited: make that 5 as another family will be joining. Hard to pass this one up!

Edited 2: Make that 7 as grandma and grandpa are going to come too!

This trip is getting a bit out of hand!!

Last edited by JW76; Jun 19, 15 at 11:38 am
Old Jun 18, 15, 2:07 pm
dll

Programs: AA EX PLT; Marriott Plt; *wood Plt
Originally Posted by JW76 View Post
I have always wanted to see some of South America as it's the last continent I have yet to set foot in!
You've been to Antartica without going through South America?
Old Jun 18, 15, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS G75, UA GOLD MM, DL MM
My fare went up $10 since yesterday, so I ticketed it now (the J fare, since fully refundable).

Note also that at least on the JRXPP fare basis, there is a senior fare (60+) available which is 85% of the fare. You might need a travel agent to get you that one, as I don't see that you can specify anything "senior" on the AM website. Worth a TA service fee for that one.
I just called AM and booked 2 in the 60+ senior fare in CRX7PP fare basis and it saved $200+. There's no way I can see to do it on the website. AM added $15 a ticket for a booking fee which is a bit annoying since there is no alternative. Total cost for two LAS-EZE fully refundable tkts was $2820.
Old Jun 18, 15, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta diamond, SPG platinum, Hyatt diamond
Just got a call back from MasterCard travel and they have finally got my companion ticket booked for mid March next year. Total $2300.
Old Jun 19, 15, 8:35 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jay00848 View Post
Just got a call back from MasterCard travel and they have finally got my companion ticket booked for mid March next year. Total $2300.
Did you get any information that you believe is reliable about the refundability of your tickets?

Regardless, a nice deal even if they are completely non-refundable!
Old Jun 19, 15, 9:08 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt, UA PP
Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
Did you get any information that you believe is reliable about the refundability of your tickets?

Regardless, a nice deal even if they are completely non-refundable!
They told me second ticket non-refundable and subject to change fees.
Old Jun 19, 15, 11:34 am

Programs: Paid F
Originally Posted by dll View Post
You've been to Antartica without going through South America?
Touche!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: