Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

[PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish

Old Jun 15, 15, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie View Post
You also lose the miles etc on the second ticket. That was enough to put me off of buying through the MC deal.
You would be correct if I utilized the two for one offer companion ticket. Didn't use that option. Bought two tickets for $1260 each in D class using the discount. We will both receive miles.

"For World Elite Cardholders Only:
Receive up to a 20% savings on qualifying Business Class or up to a 15% savings on qualifying Economy Class fares from the USA and Canada to Mexico, Central and South America."
Old Jun 15, 15, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
come on STAR match!
Old Jun 15, 15, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by tc fly girl View Post
You would be correct if I utilized the two for one offer companion ticket. Didn't use that option. Bought two tickets for $1260 each in D class using the discount. We will both receive miles.

"For World Elite Cardholders Only:
Receive up to a 20% savings on qualifying Business Class or up to a 15% savings on qualifying Economy Class fares from the USA and Canada to Mexico, Central and South America."
Nice! Too many MC offers to keep track of :-)
Old Jun 15, 15, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Plat, UA Silver, IHG Ambassador, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Nice! Too many MC offers to keep track of :-)
So true. Grateful for this thread as I wouldn't have utilized the discount had it not been posted here.
Old Jun 15, 15, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tc fly girl View Post
I would expect you will both receive miles, but if you're crediting to Delta there is a difference in miles earned according to this page.

ORD-MEX-EZE is 6,270 miles each way.

The D fare will earn 18,810 RDM and MQM (plus any Medallion bonus) and $3,762 MQD while the J fare will earn 25,080 RDM and MQM (plus any Medallion bonus) and $5,016 MQD, enough for Silver Medallion in one trip.

For my situation the refundability is a big plus anyway and the miles are gravy, enough to give my wife Silver and all but assure me of earning Platinum again this year with a nice rollover ... if we take the trip.
Old Jun 16, 15, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post
I would expect you will both receive miles, but if you're crediting to Delta there is a difference in miles earned according to this page.

The D fare will earn 18,810 RDM and MQM (plus any Medallion bonus) and $3,762 MQD while the J fare will earn 25,080 RDM and MQM (plus any Medallion bonus) and $5,016 MQD, enough for Silver Medallion in one trip.

For my situation the refundability is a big plus anyway and the miles are gravy, enough to give my wife Silver and all but assure me of earning Platinum again this year with a nice rollover ... if we take the trip.
Thanks for the excellent breakdown.
Old Jun 16, 15, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles View Post

5 trips and you get DAL Diamond. Not bad.
Old Jun 17, 15, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
5 trips and you get DAL Diamond. Not bad.
Only if you meet the MQD requirement or get a waiver.
Old Jun 17, 15, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Only if you meet the MQD requirement or get a waiver.
MQD should be easy as each trip in J, C, D, or I gets you 30% to 40% of distance flown as MDQ. http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...eromexico.html

Last edited by olouie; Jun 17, 15 at 11:19 am
Old Jun 17, 15, 10:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
MQD should be easy as each trip in J, C, D, or I gets you 30% of distance flown as MDQ. http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...eromexico.html
Right, these trips earn substantial number of MQD (much greater than the actual dollar value paid) and more than enough to meet the requirement

Last edited by kjnangre; Jun 17, 15 at 10:54 am
Old Jun 17, 15, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My fare went up $10 since yesterday, so I ticketed it now (the J fare, since fully refundable).

Note also that at least on the JRXPP fare basis, there is a senior fare (60+) available which is 85% of the fare. You might need a travel agent to get you that one, as I don't see that you can specify anything "senior" on the AM website. Worth a TA service fee for that one.
Old Jun 17, 15, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott
I rebooked mine for 2 days later (both outbound and inbound) since those were J fares rather than my original C fares. Was $75 more, but gets me an extra 50% MQM and an extra 10% MQD.
Old Jun 17, 15, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre View Post
I rebooked mine for 2 days later (both outbound and inbound) since those were J fares rather than my original C fares. Was $75 more, but gets me an extra 50% MQM and an extra 10% MQD.
You can rebook without any fee? Did you go through the MasterCard for any discount?
Old Jun 17, 15, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy View Post
You can rebook without any fee? Did you go through the MasterCard for any discount?
The full J fares are changeable and fully refundable.
Old Jun 17, 15, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
i want to do this, but my wife would kill me as i have promised to her no international MRs this year.

of course, we can argue about whether said killing might be to my benefit or detriment.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: