FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] SkyTeam (Aero Mexico) - ORD/LAX/MIA/others to EZE - $1325 - $1500ish (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1687364-prem-fare-gone-skyteam-aero-mexico-ord-lax-mia-others-eze-1325-1500ish.html)

Beckles Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am

Looks like Premier availability (but not the discount Comfort) availability out of LAX has dried up ... the MasterCard deal makes this pretty smoking hot, especially if you collect miles in DL (like I do, but care less if my companion gets their MQM).

cliburn Jun 14, 2015 10:29 am

Mastercard would not book my trip as they claim all the Aeromexico promotions ended March 2015 (even though the website says March 2016).

Jay00848 Jun 14, 2015 10:52 am

Mine is finally on hold until they can get promotional desk to authorize fare on Monday so we will see.

lewende Jun 14, 2015 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by hamburglar (Post 24966268)
Got it. Thanks so much! 2 tickets from sfo to eze for 2263. Fully refundable!

Buyer be aware: if you use MC World Elite benefits to buy a companion ticket, it is NOT refundable.

It took the agent one hour to find out the exact fare rules and fine prints. Yes, the first ticket is in full fare J bucket, and thus refundable, but if the companion ticket kicks in, both tickets become non-refundable and non-changeable.

Beckles Jun 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 24970401)
Buyer be aware: if you use MC World Elite benefits to buy a companion ticket, it is NOT refundable.

It took the agent one hour to find out the exact fare rules and fine prints. Yes, the first ticket is in full fare J bucket, and thus refundable, but if the companion ticket kicks in, both tickets become non-refundable and non-changeable.

I was a little leery by the language on the MasterCard website:

Originally Posted by MasterCard World Elite benefits website
change fees apply based on the published fare rules of the paid fare. In case of cancellation, both the full-fare passenger and the corresponding companion ticket become invalid. The companion ticket cannot be refunded for cash, can't be resold and is not endorsable or negotiable.

lewende Jun 14, 2015 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 24970453)
I was a little leery by the language on the MasterCard website:

I agree - it's very leery. Based on these verbiages, it appears to cancel both tickets, one would only lose $600+ for the companion side while get a full refund from the first ticket, but the agent told me otherwise after digging deep through the fare rules - $0 refund when you cancel both tickets. Actually I was very surprised this is very restrictive fare disguised by a fully flexible fare bucket.

hamburglar Jun 14, 2015 8:15 pm

Interesting. The agent I spoke with assured me it was fully refundable. She didn't go into the details and look at the rules though. I have nothing in writing so it could go either way.

Beckles Jun 14, 2015 9:00 pm

There is also a program for World Elite for "up to a 20% savings on qualifying Business Class" which probably would end up costing more, but does not have as restrictive of language in the Terms & Conditions, plus I don't know how it would impact mileage earning. Of course you have to consider that for some tickets (e.g., ORD-MEX-EZE-MEX-ORD) you earn enough MQM on Delta for Silver status for a J ticket, so losing mileage earning on the second ticket may not be worth the savings.

ABQ2ATL Jun 14, 2015 9:38 pm

Just curious if Aeromexico qualifies for the AMEX International Airline Program? Has anyone tried to land a companion ticket that way?

Single_Flyer Jun 14, 2015 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by Beckles (Post 24970761)
There is also a program for World Elite for "up to a 20% savings on qualifying Business Class" which probably would end up costing more, but does not have as restrictive of language in the Terms & Conditions, plus I don't know how it would impact mileage earning. Of course you have to consider that for some tickets (e.g., ORD-MEX-EZE-MEX-ORD) you earn enough MQM on Delta for Silver status for a J ticket, so losing mileage earning on the second ticket may not be worth the savings.

I just spoke with someone at MasterCard; they are getting SLAMMED with people calling about this deal to EZE! She was amazed how many calls they have received.

She said that they can get 10% off J fare on AeroMexico (it says 20% on the website, not sure what is correct), but when she priced it out, it was the exact same price I saw on aeromexico.com. She is contacting her manager and going to get back to me; however it looks like the fares are booking up -- so not sure it will still be there much longer.

lewende Jun 14, 2015 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by ABQ2ATL (Post 24970861)
Just curious if Aeromexico qualifies for the AMEX International Airline Program? Has anyone tried to land a companion ticket that way?

Unfortunately, AM is not in the AMEX program any more for companion tickets.

ABQ2ATL Jun 14, 2015 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by lewende (Post 24971199)
Unfortunately, AM is not in the AMEX program any more for companion tickets.

Bummer! Thanks.

Single_Flyer Jun 15, 2015 1:03 am

I thought this person did a great trip report from JFK-MEX-EZE with photos of Business Class on the 787 (granted this was before the 787 was used MEX-EZE).

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ess-class.html

michellt Jun 15, 2015 8:19 am

What am I doing wrong with this fare? I price it on Google flights in the $1400 range, but when I click through to price on aeromexico.com, the return flight is $3K. Tried with three different sets of dates in Dec, Feb and Apr.

Looks like I could get it on orbitz but then can't select Premier at $100 more than Confort as AM has available.

Update: Booked through on Orbitz -- return booked into I fare. So that is why it wasn't listed through AM. Beware if booking through OTA!

5DMarkIIguy Jun 15, 2015 10:29 am

Originally Posted by michellt (Post 24972486)
What am I doing wrong with this fare? I price it on Google flights in the $1400 range, but when I click through to price on aeromexico.com, the return flight is $3K. Tried with three different sets of dates in Dec, Feb and Apr.

Looks like I could get it on orbitz but then can't select Premier at $100 more than Confort as AM has available.

Update: Booked through on Orbitz -- return booked into I fare. So that is why it wasn't listed through AM. Beware if booking through OTA!

Availability has dried up on aeromexico.com.
I can still see Dec 23/24/27/28 outbound available.
Inbound, Jan 12/13 are still avail.

If you want to credit to AS, book on AM