Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:32 am

Found fares with stopovers in ITA matrix, e.g. FRA-LHR-BKK (stopover)-HKG, HKG-PEK (stopover)-LHR-FRA for Ł1050.

However you only seem to be able to book 5 flights multi-city on expedia and I cannot find anywhere else that prices it the same as on ITA (because of the YQ?).

Any advice?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk

Someone somewhere wrote a browser plug in that transfers your ITA quote across to Orbitz or Expedia. I can't find it now but it's quite popular. Have a Google.

Will probably need a bit of tweaking to work with a HKG point of sale.

Also Kayak uses the same underlying pricing software as the ITA Matrix so try that.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk

Someone somewhere wrote a browser plug in that transfers your ITA quote across to Orbitz or Expedia. I can't find it now but it's quite popular. Have a Google.

Also Kayak uses the same underlying pricing software as the ITA Matrix so try that.
Thanks! Using the plugin I was able to find a bookable fare with stopovers in Beijing and Bangkok for Ł1055, however still not on expedia hk which seems to only support 5 segments regardless.

But stopovers appear to prevent the HK YQ trick from working anyway.

For those also struggling, the browser extension can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...serscript.html
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Welcome to FlyerTalk

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...serscript.html
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I don't think any of those transfer to expedia hk though.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
I don't think any of those transfer to expedia hk though.
Actually just tried it myself. Open with Farefreaks - then you can select a number of OTAs including expedia hk.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSN095
Having the same problem too. I want to stop over in SIN before carrying on to HKG. I followed the link in posy #45 but whenever I take out the stopover at LHR (and try to just connect), it re-prices to something stupid. Tried numerous dates.

EDIT: I've had a play with the Matrix and found something around the 923GBP mark. All of a sudden lots of fares - except weekend departures, when the price doubles again..!
What dates did you try and which modifications did you make?

It's a very good fare but without the Stopovers I can't maximize my TPs and rather fly a few MH tickets in asia for that money.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What dates did you try and which modifications did you make?

It's a very good fare but without the Stopovers I can't maximize my TPs and rather fly a few MH tickets in asia for that money.
I know you didn't quite say this, but in case someone has covered an MH sector with this fare, "I" class on MH gets 0 points when credited to BAEC.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:24 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
i try to get FRA-LHR-BKK-HKG-BKK-LHR-FRA it is possible on matrix but expedia hk only has 5 flights maximum *_*

any idea ?

edit i got the script to work but price goes up to 47k HKD

Last edited by cln; Apr 26, 2015 at 9:50 am
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:03 am

Trying to book for next Easter (taking the Germany to London leg earlier).

Priced up successful on Matrix, copied across to expedia.com.hk (via the script and farefreaks).

However, I can't book as Expedia will only take dates up to 21 March 2016 and the return leg is after that.

Any way around this, or alternative booking sources, please?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:11 am
cln

hmm via farefreaks i cant see expedia.comhk anymore... actually now no expedia choices anymore visible
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
[QUOTE=cln;24722783]i try to get FRA-LHR-BKK-HKG-BKK-LHR-FRA it is possible on matrix but expedia hk only has 5 flights maximum *_*

any idea ?
/QUOTE]

If you have BA selected as the airline, then the system might intuitively offer FRA-HKG and/or BKK-FRA both via LHR. That cuts your booking down to four (or five) lines. Worth trying.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by cln
hmm via farefreaks i cant see expedia.comhk anymore... actually now no expedia choices anymore visible
That's correct... when FareFreaks started in Nov14 you could pass up to 6 flights to expedia even though there UI only was made for up to 5. While playing with this fare right now.. trying to find some advices for you, i recognized this possibility is gone. So i have to set the limit of legs to 5 for expedia. Its not showing expedia while your search is containing 6 legs since you would get unsuitable results anyway. Sorry for that.
The next limitation of expedia is, you can only pass one airline. This works fine while searching fo BA and you will find more flights than you would with any known search-engine. But i have not yet found the possibility to pass more than one airline. Any Stopovers including CX or any other airline result in a search without any pre-filtered airline, messing up the results. The only why is to playing with flight times..
But i have not found a "this the way!" yet.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:36 am
cln

Originally Posted by Steppo
That's correct... when FareFreaks started in Nov14 you could pass up to 6 flights to expedia even though there UI only was made for up to 5. While playing with this fare right now.. trying to find some advices for you, i recognized this possibility is gone. So i have to set the limit of legs to 5 for expedia. Its not showing expedia while your search is containing 6 legs since you would get unsuitable results anyway. Sorry for that.
The next limitation of expedia is, you can only pass one airline. This works fine while searching fo BA and you will find more flights than you would with any known search-engine. But i have not yet found the possibility to pass more than one airline. Any Stopovers including CX or any other airline result in a search without any pre-filtered airline, messing up the results. The only why is to playing with flight times..
But i have not found a "this the way!" yet.
when i tried it 2 hours ago expedia.com.hk was available :<

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.