Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:45 pm
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
How are you entering this on exp.hk because all I get are either errors or no BA results at all.

I can book a simple RT FRA-LHR-HK however including any stopovers proved to be impossible after a couple hours trying.

Displaying the routing on ITA is meaningless since you can't book anything there as we all know.
try this

http://www.expedia.com.hk/Flight-Sea...0&sc=s&st=&tm=
Old Apr 25, 2015, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pawel Siewko
try this
Thanks but the problem with this one is

a) the longhaul flights are roughly a year ahead from now +
b) it is significantly more expensive than 9300 HKD (likely due to APD tax).

I'm trying to get this done for leaving in May and returning in December. Availability is there for the longhaul flights to/from HKG and it prices properly but when I star to throw in the stopovers it blows up.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:32 am

I tried my times from HKG--SIN---LHR--somewhere in German. but it doesn't work if the starting place is HKG.

Actually I base on Hongkong and scheduled 2 weeks ( any time in July) travel to London , then back to HK.
Does someone know how the fantastic fare work on my plan?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nianyuguai
I tried my times from HKG--SIN---LHR--somewhere in German. but it doesn't work if the starting place is HKG.

Actually I base on Hongkong and scheduled 2 weeks ( any time in July) travel to London , then back to HK.
Does someone know how the fantastic fare work on my plan?
Welcome to FT. This fare only works from Germany to Hong Kong and NOT the other way around.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: BA IHG
Hi. Great fare. I want to return on 28 March 2016 - problem is booking engine on expedia only allows up to 20 March. Since the fare is valid only for 5 more days I don't think it will catch up in time.

Anyone know any other HK OTA that will allow flights further out than Expedia?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
Is this fare only bookable using a TA: I am in HKG at can't get the fare to show on the BA website but it is obviously available on Expedia? I want to go via PVG, connecting to HKG on CX but I want to upgrade LHR-PVG to First and can't do it if booked via a TA...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by starlight
Is this fare only bookable using a TA: I am in HKG at can't get the fare to show on the BA website but it is obviously available on Expedia? I want to go via PVG, connecting to HKG on CX but I want to upgrade LHR-PVG to First and can't do it if booked via a TA...
BA will sell all of its own fares.

Try using britishairways.de

Also, BA.com is a bit rubbish. You could book by phone?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:51 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
Hi. Great fare. I want to return on 28 March 2016 - problem is booking engine on expedia only allows up to 20 March. Since the fare is valid only for 5 more days I don't think it will catch up in time.

Anyone know any other HK OTA that will allow flights further out than Expedia?
You can purchase your ticket now and change your return to 28 March after you fly the first leg since the ticket is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. There would be no fare increase, but you'd still have to pay the change fee.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Far Siren
You can purchase your ticket now and change your return to 28 March after you fly the first leg since the ticket is valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. There would be no fare increase, but you'd still have to pay the change fee.
If you buy from BA (by phone) and tell them you want to travel at later dates than are permitted by the system, they will make a note in the PNR and the change fee will be waived.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Calchas
BA will sell all of its own fares.

Try using britishairways.de

Also, BA.com is a bit rubbish. You could book by phone?
Keep in mind if you buy it from any other source than a HK based OTA like XP you will not be able to shave off the extra YQ. This is ~ 2500 HKD.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keep in mind if you buy it from any other source than a HK based OTA like XP you will not be able to shave off the extra YQ. This is ~ 2500 HKD.
What if the ticket is issued by the local HKG sales office?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Calchas
What if the ticket is issued by the local HKG sales office?
That is a good question but... I wouldn't count on it that this works. To be honest the drop of the YQ on Exp is not really justified in my opinion. The ticket originates in Germany. Do to HK rules apply? Zuji charges full YQ.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

That is a good question but... I wouldn't count on it that this works. To be honest the drop of the YQ on Exp is not really justified in my opinion. The ticket originates in Germany. Do to HK rules apply? Zuji charges full YQ.
Agreed. Not sure what justifies the HK rules applying to tickets originating outside of HK. Therefore I would say enjoy this now and please DO NOT call BA to do any ticket extensions etc. If this by law not allowed or even allowed most probably BA or expedia will correct this. Strange that such savings are not seen on other long haul operators eg AA, LH, etc.

However these tickets could be part of a sale.

Cheers.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:13 am

Anyone managed to do a routing with stopovers I can only do ex-Germany to LHR to HKG straight on BA metal for 9k HKD. Someone noted that 2 stopovers were allowed? Possible in same price and on different airline?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by ITryToFly
Anyone managed to do a routing with stopovers I can only do ex-Germany to LHR to HKG straight on BA metal for 9k HKD. Someone noted that 2 stopovers were allowed? Possible in same price and on different airline?
Having the same problem too. I want to stop over in SIN before carrying on to HKG. I followed the link in posy #45 but whenever I take out the stopover at LHR (and try to just connect), it re-prices to something stupid. Tried numerous dates.

EDIT: I've had a play with the Matrix and found something around the 923GBP mark. All of a sudden lots of fares - except weekend departures, when the price doubles again..!

Last edited by MSN095; Apr 26, 2015 at 4:37 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.