Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] BA: TXL-HKG rt J for 1,106eur

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ldnhlj
If POS is set to FRA, YQ=€426 and POS set to HKG, YQ=€115.7, everything else is exactly the same...
HKG is known to be a low YQ Originating airport, but never thought it would have an effect being a destination port...
New FD idea? Please don't slap me for spotting this one...
This is not new.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24604435-post42.html

It is HK's YQ regulation.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by raporot
any option for routing thru TYO?
HND is prohibited in the fare rules, have not checked NRT. I just managed to price it up including the stopover in LON for extra APD (~£140). Now I could get a very good fare TXL-LON (June) LON-SIN-HKG-SUB(Jan) SUB-HKG-SIN-LON-FRA (Feb) for £1320.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:39 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mlqsko
This is not new.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24604435-post42.html

It is HK's YQ regulation.
Yes, that contributes, but the underlying fare for Germany-HKG has been lowered as well to £600 r/t --> sub £800 J trips. The YQ contribution on J class tickets is usually not that big (in proportion to total ticket price) as in the Y tickets.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Yes, that contributes, but the underlying fare for Germany-HKG has been lowered as well to £600 r/t --> sub £800 J trips. The YQ contribution on J class tickets is usually not that big (in proportion to total ticket price) as in the Y tickets.
Unless it's on EK. Just saw one yesterday with $1480 in YQ. Highest YQ I've ever seen.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skunker
Unless it's on EK. Just saw one yesterday with $1480 in YQ. Highest YQ I've ever seen.
That's where the trick-it thred comes in handy

BTW, the fare is also available to CGK(Jakarta) for HKD 3998 base fare o/w (CGK-HKG is 2015mi hence 140TPs).
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Can add a looong stopover in London on outbound while keeping under £950. So June weekend in Munich, then December trip to Hong Kong

Have priced up on the Expedia site. Can't get the funkier routings to work though.

Currently researching CX redemptions with Avios to see where I might head onto after a few days in HKG...
Could you share some sample dates? I'm now trying to do something similar MUC-LHR in June and LHR-HKG in late December, but I can't get the fare with that long stopover...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: FB Gold
Exclamation Sales restrictions added

Originally Posted by mccorry
Could you share some sample dates? I'm now trying to do something similar MUC-LHR in June and LHR-HKG in late December, but I can't get the fare with that long stopover...
Looks like the fare bucket (I) is not available around x/mas - new year. As the fare is working to MNL as well for $ 1590/HK-$ 12322, I found availability in (I) for the return only from January 9 onwards. Anyway, a fantastic fare with lot of room for playing around!

Category 15: Sales restrictions
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 30APR 15.

Last edited by KL803; Apr 24, 2015 at 10:31 am Reason: added important info (sales restrictions)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KL803
Looks like the fare bucket (I) is not available around x/mas - new year. As the fare is working to MNL as well for $ 1590/HK-$ 12322, I found availability in (I) for the return only from January 9 onwards. Anyway, a fantastic fare with lot of room for playing around!
Yes, a fantastic fare indeed. If only I could get our Xmas hols out of it too!!!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by mccorry
I got out from LHR on 27/12 and back on 9/1 - have to put in all the way back to FRA (tried to force flight next day etc. but no luck).

ETA

HK$10,974 (£936.50) for:
TXL-LHR on 11 June
LHR-HKG on 26 December
HKG-LHR on 9 January
LHR-FRA on 10 January

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Apr 24, 2015 at 11:41 am Reason: Checked some dates...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:37 am

Location: @somewhere, if help needed use my email address [email protected]
Programs: BA & QR
Originally Posted by PeoDeMIA
Where do you find those permitted routings? Were those the only seven permitted routings that you found?
PeoDeMia,

Yes, for the HKG fare seven routings permitted.

For the JKT fare these routings are permitted, see below.

1 * DUS-LON-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
2 * DUS-LON-SIN-JQ/3K/VF-JKT
3 * DUS-LON-KUL-BA/MH-JKT
4 * DUS-LON-KUL-BA/CX/MH-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
5 * DUS-LON-CTU-CA/CX/KA-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
6 * DUS-LON-BJS-CX/HX/KA-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
7 * DUS-LON-SHA-CX/HX/KA/MU-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
8 * DUS-LON-SIN-CX/KA/3K-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
9 * DUS-LON-BKK-BA/CX/HX/RJ/UL-HKG-HX/BA/CX/KA-JKT
10 * DUS-LON-BKK/HKG-BA/CX/KA/3K-SIN-JQ/3K/VF-JKT
11 * DUS-LON-HKG-BA/CX/MH-KUL-BA/MH-JKT
12 * DUS-LON-SIN-BA/3K/MH-KUL-BA/MH-JKT
13 * DUS-LON-BKK-MH-KUL-BA/MH-JKT
14 * DUS-LON-KUL-BA/MH/3K-SIN-JQ/3K/VF-JKT
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by KL803
Ah, interesting - hadn't checked return dates before 9th (planning on taking first week of Jan off)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:36 pm

I can never get these to work. I was looking for depart any German airport in June, long stopover in London, then to Singapore for the F1, depart Lhr on or about 17th sept, back to Europe early morning of 22nd. Damned if I can get it to work!
Did find £1300 AB/EY fare though, which I didn't think was too bad..

*Never mind, just realised minimum stay. Doh!
**Nope, still can't do it. Poop.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PeoDeMIA
Where do you find those permitted routings? Were those the only seven permitted routings that you found?
You can use ExpertFlyer to find the routing rules for a given fare.

Alternatively discuss with your travel agent or the carrier.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
How are you entering this on exp.hk because all I get are either errors or no BA results at all.

I can book a simple RT FRA-LHR-HK however including any stopovers proved to be impossible after a couple hours trying.

Displaying the routing on ITA is meaningless since you can't book anything there as we all know.

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Apr 24, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Hey, after some issues with my bank declining a hong kong company payment (advise to ring bank before you book, as they can cancel for fraud reasons). I am set

Trip is - DUS - LHR - HKG - CGK - HKG - LHR - DUS - totaling £910 All business class.

This will just be a TP run for me - so leaving on 2nd MAY - Arriving back to London on 4th MAY, the final - LHR - DUS was set on the 7th of may to hit the minimum stay eligibility. Though I will prob forfeit that flight and its points.

First time using this site, has been a steep learning curve with the matrix, however great help on the forum.

If you struggling getting these prices, first play with the matrix and use the routing codes (/ alliance oneworld) that helps a lot.

If you need a hand, message me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.