Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] JFK-PAR $1700 this Summer - OneWorld Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
There are several versions of this fare around: either you stay a Sunday night and book at least 50 days in advance, or there is no advance purchase requirement but you must stay at least 7 days.

Here are the rules, they seem a bit malformed

Outbound permitted 15 April until 03 September
Tickets must be issued on/before 31 May
Those are some convoluted fare rules. Also, Calchas, do you know what these refer to: 'RULE AJ06 IN IPRG' 'RULE AJ05 IN IPRG' etc...?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I am not able to find this.
Nor am I.
OneWorld might get my business...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Those are some convoluted fare rules. Also, Calchas, do you know what these refer to: 'RULE AJ06 IN IPRG' 'RULE AJ05 IN IPRG' etc...?
I haven't the faintest idea!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
No problem getting AARP discount, see the BA thread on this, you can join as an associate member and dont have to be any specific age to do that ;-0

BTW- I am getting this to price for less than 7 day returns so that reference to Rule AJ06 must have some meaning that allows less than 7 day stay.

Also prices on the LCY route, which during the summer is my favorite J class way to do a short trip to EU and give yourself a long-ish day in London.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Originally Posted by stephem
No problem getting AARP discount, see the BA thread on this, you can join as an associate member and dont have to be any specific age to do that ;-0

BTW- I am getting this to price for less than 7 day returns so that reference to Rule AJ06 must have some meaning that allows less than 7 day stay.
Is the discount $400 pp or $400 total?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem
There is another fare at the same price that has only a Sunday night requirement; but that fare has a 50 day advance purchase rule.

I will ask around about AJ06 et c.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 16, 2015 at 10:12 am
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1K
Long-time reader Gary Leff from Austin, TX writes on his weblog that by combining the BA Chase discount (10% off trips originating in USA) and the BA AARP discount, you should be able to book this trip for under $1000-per-person for two passengers.

I will add that this fare is valid on BA2 JFK-LCY and there is a fair amount of I inventory in the summer.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:19 am

per ticket, it's how some of us got the ex west coast fares down to $1100-1200 in the fall. Must be ex-US and booked on BA site. Totally worth the sign up for a multiyear AARP associate membership!

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Is the discount $400 pp or $400 total?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mherdeg
Long-time reader Gary Leff from Austin, TX writes on his weblog that by combining the BA Chase discount (10% off trips originating in USA) and the BA AARP discount, you should be able to book this trip for under $1000-per-person for two passengers.

I will add that this fare is valid on BA2 JFK-LCY and there is a fair amount of I inventory in the summer.
That is, I think, a mistake, the fare says you can't travel via LHR on the TATL sector, probably someone forgot about LCY.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K
That is a mistake, the fare says you can't travel via LHR on the TATL sector, obviously someone forgot about LCY.
Ha, I see what you mean in the BA rules for IHN5S1Z1. Dunno what to tell you; I also see transit via LHR price.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:26 am

Although the 50 day fare that I reference w Sat stay also allows more routing options (including LHR). It's IHN5S1Z1 I think, at least that fare gives tons of LHR transit option on the way over. Return seems to be very tough to get LHR connection.

That is, I think, a mistake, the fare says you can't travel via LHR on the TATL sector, probably someone forgot about LCY.
Edited to add: I read the fare rules and see that notation about no LHR travel. But for some reason, on the outbound you can do it. I personally love LCY for a quick detour day in London, did this last summer.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Heads up, if you are crediting to AA if you book on BA with AARP, you will not get the bonus EQP or RDM from the premium fare class bonus'es
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
Heads up, if you are crediting to AA if you book on BA with AARP, you will not get the bonus EQP or RDM from the premium fare class bonus'es
Just for my information, is there a discernible reason why not?

Does it book into a strange fare bucket?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by edbyu
Just for my information, is there a discernible reason why not?

Does it book into a strange fare bucket?
Well, the AA promotion requires AA-coded flights?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: DL Plat
Just booked three pax for 4 nights in early June ~ 1296 each AI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.