Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AA/Delta/or Alaska - (help) need 1800 miles from Seattle for status by end of year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA/Delta/or Alaska - (help) need 1800 miles from Seattle for status by end of year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Smile AA/Delta/or Alaska - (help) need 1800 miles from Seattle for status by end of year

This is my first post and I've been reading the great MR ideas on here - I'm unsure how you guys find these deals. I looked at the google matrix but have no idea what's going on there. Anyway, any suggestions on how I can achieve 1800 miles by end of year would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SEA-SJC-LAX-SEA is $222 on DL on 12/17 or 12/18. SEA-SLC-TUS-SLC-SEA is $283.20 on 12/14 on DL.

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 10, 2014 at 10:17 pm
Old Dec 11, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
If you are looking to fly over a weekend SEA-LAX-SAN-LAX-SEA $296 AA/AS mix this weekend.

Good luck, and welcome to FT ^
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Are you signed up for double MQM's out of Seattle on DL? Any short flight (500 miles) roundtrip will do -- 2k MQM's.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! I didn't know about the double MQM from delta. I'll look that up. This really helps so thanks again!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Double MQM is for Skymiles only. As you are suggesting you could use AA to earn miles, I assume you're trying to earn for Alaska? In which case the Double miles promotion for DL will not apply to you. Just FYI.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 7:42 am

I just tried to enroll and I get the following error message. Any idea what might cause that? I do already have a multi-leg itinerary that has a few flights out of SEA.

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...=seattledouble

"You do not meet the eligibility criteria listed below and may not register for this promotion. Please refer to the Program Terms & Conditions below."

Originally Posted by atrich
Double MQM is for Skymiles only. As you are suggesting you could use AA to earn miles, I assume you're trying to earn for Alaska? In which case the Double miles promotion for DL will not apply to you. Just FYI.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by surferb
I just tried to enroll and I get the following error message. Any idea what might cause that? I do already have a multi-leg itinerary that has a few flights out of SEA.

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...=seattledouble

"You do not meet the eligibility criteria listed below and may not register for this promotion. Please refer to the Program Terms & Conditions below."

As previous poster said, the DL double miles promo will do you no good if you are attempting to earn AS status (the fact that you listed AA flights suggests that you are going for AS status). The person who suggested the program was apparently confused and thought you were going for DL status. The DL promo will only earn double DL Skymiles MQM's. You will not earn double AS qualifying miles by enrolling the program and there is no way to transfer DL MQM's to the AS program. Further, if you read the T&C's of the program, you will see that the double miles does not apply to already purchased tickets. Only tickets purchased after registration qualify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.