Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2014, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by ashkale
From tgflyergirl
BUT ITS NOT YOURS.

It was TGflyergirl's

In these things the outcome varies.
I've been doing EF for about ten years.. from BA $20 fare days.

This will sort itself out. Relax
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
BUT ITS NOT YOURS.

It was TGflyergirl's

In these things the outcome varies.
I've been doing EF for about ten years.. from BA $20 fare days.

This will sort itself out. Relax
Actually this is from a sample of 18. All 18 tickets inspected bore the same mark. Statiscally - I'm thinking it's pretty widespread.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:08 am

caveat: naturally, me and my group may well be the unlucky 18, and everyone else is fine

No - it's not on one PNR. And it's across multiple dates across the year.

- All booked via EY.com
- differing ORD/JFK and CDG methods
- males and females
- all three major cards- Amex/Mastercard/Visa
- different nationalities

In case you were wondering
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by largeeyes
Error fares are not for you.
+1

Guess mistake fare's aren't for everyone.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:48 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Actually this is from a sample of 18. All 18 tickets inspected bore the same mark. Statiscally - I'm thinking it's pretty widespread.
caveat: naturally, me and my group may well be the unlucky 18, and everyone else is fine

- All booked via EY.com
- males and females

Not unreasonable that EY might go after tickets booked via their website first before (if at all) going after those booked via other OTAs as that adds another party to the picture when it comes to dispute and restitution.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 4:55 am

It might be weeks or even months before we hear from EY and these sorta airlines- we will probably hear it first here end of Feb. I cant really hang on "hopes" of flying
Reality check: you might as well be part of some % whose tickets remain untouched while the rest gets cancelled. It happened. Expect the unexpected or go for full fare tickets.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:08 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP

- All booked via EY.com
- males and females

This is a screen shot from an insider so am sure all the tickets would have met the same fate.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by HAMFRA
Reality check: you might as well be part of some % whose tickets remain untouched while the rest gets cancelled. It happened. Expect the unexpected or go for full fare tickets.
oh wait but these were the full fares when i bought my tickets.....
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:27 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
My itinerary, card all are fine but I have written to DOT already. With limited time on hands this year, cant have another QR/HKT scenario..

This was quite a bonehead move as other already pointed out, but based on your responses you still seem to think it was a good idea.

First of all, you have no problem yet. There is nothing the DOT can, will or should do on your behalf. Would you complain today to the DOT because USair might lose your bag on a flight to PHX in Oct 2014??

Secondly, now you are guaranteed that EY will have human eyes on your ticket. There are always some FTers who slip through an otherwise cancelled error fare. You just ensured that you won't fly if EY adopts a policy of cancelling all CMB tickets them seem "invalid".

Thirdly, we are still dealing the CTA on the LX RGN tickets. 17 months later. Do you really think filing a DOT complaint 5 days after you bought your ticket will give you a meaningful headstart???
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:45 am

largeeyes, but mebbe they will be
No, they won't be. Certainly not with the things you are doing now.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 5:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deltahater
This was quite a bonehead move as other already pointed out, but based on your responses you still seem to think it was a good idea.

First of all, you have no problem yet. There is nothing the DOT can, will or should do on your behalf. Would you complain today to the DOT because USair might lose your bag on a flight to PHX in Oct 2014??

Secondly, now you are guaranteed that EY will have human eyes on your ticket. There are always some FTers who slip through an otherwise cancelled error fare. You just ensured that you won't fly if EY adopts a policy of cancelling all CMB tickets them seem "invalid".

Thirdly, we are still dealing the CTA on the LX RGN tickets. 17 months later. Do you really think filing a DOT complaint 5 days after you bought your ticket will give you a meaningful headstart???
There are no slip-thrus in today's day and age. Most or All of RGN guys who flew were due to itineraries touching the USA, I fail to understand why such anger when the point I made with the DOT is that I bought a ticket, and its status has changed and I want it to remain good to fly??? Also RGN fares were not a single airline fare- they were issued on a variety of airlines- and ITA fares( please pardon if my terminology is wrong here).
Believe me you will not hear from EY till you reach CMB airport...and then it will be the 17 months and you will be dealing with EY to get your compensation-- by which time EY would have started 5 more US destinations, with conditions to the US gov...

Last edited by ashkale; Feb 7, 2014 at 6:31 am
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Yes there are slip throughs, left and right.
But I see that you don't get the issue at all. The DOT is not in the business of PREVENTING issues or ensuring your ticket remains good. They might enforce the regs AFTER there was a violation.

Why don't you post DOT's response to you when you receive it.

Maybe then you will understand.

Like others said, mistake fares are not for you
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Yes there are slip throughs, left and right.
But I see that you don't get the issue at all. The DOT is not in the business of PREVENTING issues or ensuring your ticket remains good. They might enforce the regs AFTER there was a violation.

Why don't you post DOT's response to you when you receive it.

Maybe then you will understand.

Like others said, mistake fares are not for you
As I said before my ticket status has already changed, which is the reason I wrote to DOT---- by the way how many Non-US mistake fares have you flown?
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Believe me you will not hear from EY till you reach CMB airport...and then it will be the 17 months and you will be dealing with EY to get your compensation-- by which time EY would have started 5 more US destinations, with conditions to the US gov...
Where are you coming up with this?! If we look at the last 2 major errors from ME carriers, EY with SEZ-DUB, they have been honored. QR with ASIA-ASIA via DOH, was not honored, but they contacted everybody.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
As I said before my ticket status has already changed, which is the reason I wrote to DOT---- by the way how many Non-US mistake fares have you flown?
Your ticket status changed to "CONFIRMED". As has been stated in prior posts, including one of mine, "CONFIRMED" in no way, shape, or form, is indicative of a ticket that has been cancelled. I have a full-fare F ticket on EY (not purchased with this mistake) and its status is "CONFIRMED", I also have an AA award redemption on EY in F and its status is "CONFIRMED". I have already flown the outbound on my non-mistake revenue F "CONFIRMED" ticket. You are basing your overreactions on "CONFIRMED" = "CANCELLED", and it doesn't mean cancelled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.