Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by pbd456
I think you are right. Since it is hard to fit into my scheule with the UA devaluation after booking 14 tickets. And this ticket does not earn status, so, it is not worth the hassle to position (which is cheap from asia for me) and the fare is still 1500 usd, when I have 500K AA miles and no time to use it yet.
Yeah, EY F is easy enough with AA miles that I'll sit it out. If it was some product that is much harder/more expensive to get, then I'd consider it. This is also good if, you know, you actually wanted to go to CMB . This is better than using AA miles to come back, even without the TATL earning. But the schedule isn't open far enough for when I want to go to the CMB area.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jasonvr
I think they'd have another significant fight on their hands at that point.

And the original ruling was (per the wiki)

Transporting in O would violate that
Oops, I forgot the "same booking class" part. Yep, they can't get out of this.

Originally Posted by cruisr
Is the fly by date still going to be June, 2014 if LX loses? Since everything has been pushed back by the appeals shouldn't the June of 2014 be pushed back?
Nah, it will definitely slide, as otherwise everyone has to simply start flying right NOW. That won't happen.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:31 pm

Anybody seeing this any more?

Anybody finding this any more? I've used ITA, orbitz, and ethiad's website and tried a few dates, but nothing is coming up that is this cheap.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Moderator, please move to

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...es-2014-a.html
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I keep making bookings, it goes through, Amex tells me about the foreign charge, but EY then sends a message stating:

"Unfortunately, an error has occurred with your credit card and we are therefore unable to issue a ticket. Your booking (Reference Number: XXXXX) has been cancelled."

Anyone else having this problem?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:41 pm

fare gone?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mastermind85
So, I'm a noob but what is the purpose of this itinerary? You guys are going to fly to Sri Lanka just to fly this fare?
Personally, using it to fly back from Asia after visiting family. Going to introduce my SO to my grandparents! ^ This ought to be interesting...
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vip66
I keep making bookings, it goes through, Amex tells me about the foreign charge, but EY then sends a message stating:

"Unfortunately, an error has occurred with your credit card and we are therefore unable to issue a ticket. Your booking (Reference Number: XXXXX) has been cancelled."

Try booking on an OTA, and not EY.com
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimson12
fare gone?
Still very much alive
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by vip66

Same issue for me using citi mastercard
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:47 pm

Looking at the fare rules:
CANCELLATIONS

BEFORE DEPARTURE
CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND.
NOTE - TEXT BELOW NOT VALIDATED FOR AUTOPRICING.
OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF
DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER
So is this fully refundable or not?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: Hostelworld.com Diamond Plated Platinum
On Orbitz it says:
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED CHANGES CHANGES PERMITTED FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION. NOTE - CHANGE FEES MUST BE CODED AS XP IN THE TAX FIELD. ------------------------------------------------ -- OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER ------------------------------------------------ -- CANCELLATIONS BEFORE DEPARTURE CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND. NOTE - OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER AFTER DEPARTURE CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR CANCEL/REFUND. NOTE - DEDUCT APPLICABLE ONE-WAY FARE FOR THE JOURNEY TRAVELLED PLUS THE ABOVE CHARGE AND REFUND BALANCE. ---------------------------------------- OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS PERMITTED FOR NO-SHOW. NOTE - OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED IN THE CASE OF DEATH OF PASSENGER/FAMILY MEMBER ------------------------------------------------ --

Do the blanks mean $0?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:58 pm

Dead on O and E
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CMB-DFW EY First $1440 rt!

It's still alive on O, haven't checked E. Many dates still available.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriot Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Booked OW - CMB-AUH-CDG-DFW for 1K in F and J on OTA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.