Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:04 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sbm12
So, umm, not so much, huh???

lol.

typical. so sleazy.
anything to make a buck off freebies on Flyertalk.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by mastermind85
So, I'm a noob but what is the purpose of this itinerary? You guys are going to fly to Sri Lanka just to fly this fare?
Purpose is really well-priced EY F .
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:06 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mastermind85
So, I'm a noob but what is the purpose of this itinerary? You guys are going to fly to Sri Lanka just to fly this fare?
Sure why not? Welcome to FT.

And it's not Cambodia.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yerffej201
well gary leff published first. and i'm sure everyone who reads my site reads view from the wing
You published a post as an AUH-DFW one that doesn't exist . And the logic is terrible, "well, it already was posted on two loud bullhorns (FT and gleff), I'll just add my bugle to the mix and nobody else will notice." VFTW's HT is also hilarious. There's also no chance you put that post together in whatever amount of time occurred between VFTW posting and yours. Fortunately, you've accounted for this in saying he "published" first, but you would have published had he not. For the record, I have no problem with you posting it (anything publicly available on FT is fair game), I just doubt I would have posted it here in the first place, as now it is being broadcast all over . And Sunday is a workday in AUH...

Originally Posted by izzik
lol.

typical. so sleazy.
anything to make a buck off freebies on Flyertalk.
This is the new normal for 2014.

I'm not booking as I can't find a decent place to credit this for elite qualifying miles. RDMs are meaningless to me as I have quite a few AA RDMs already , which also means I'm not overly concerned about flying the product.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:09 pm

books into J F (AUH-CDG) J or all business only
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:10 pm

These bloggers are lowlifes.
95% of them got nothing useful and sll they do is copy things others report about
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You published a post as an AUH-DFW one that doesn't exist . And the logic is terrible, "well, it already got out on two loud bullhorns (FT and gleff), I'll just add my bugle to the mix and nobody else will notice." VFTW's HT is also hilarious.

I'm not booking as I can't find a decent place to credit this for elite qualifying miles. RDMs are meaningless to me as I have quite a few AA RDMs already , which also means I'm not overly concerned about flying the product.
I think the only worthwhile option is Air Berlin.. I think this would earn gold on AB if booked mostly in F.
The other idea is crediting to Etihad Guest miles, as they have a triple mile bonus for J/F flights in Q1 2014.
http://resources.etihadairways.com/e...Web_01_14.html
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Folks, let's keep this on track. Discuss the fare, routing options, where to credit, etc, but NOT the virtues of sharing, bloggers, etc etc.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Yeah, I think it credits at 200% to air Berlin, I got my ticket number already.
I dare Etihad to cancel this, ow tix to the US HAS to be covered by DoT 399.88, this is not a connection to another country or any other way of getting around DoT regs.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izzik
I think the only worthwhile option is Air Berlin.. I think this would earn gold on AB if booked mostly in F.
The other idea is crediting to Etihad Guest miles, as they have a triple mile bonus for J/F flights in Q1 2014.
http://resources.etihadairways.com/e...Web_01_14.html
AB G is OWS so that isn't a bad idea. But I'd bet the triple mile is probably best if someone books in Q1. EY can't be THAT bad for redemption prices!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
I was able to book the AUH-JFK by requesting a stopover (1 day) in AUH. But I only booked one-way for now so not sure how this would work RT.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You published a post as an AUH-DFW one that doesn't exist . And the logic is terrible, "well, it already was posted on two loud bullhorns (FT and gleff), I'll just add my bugle to the mix and nobody else will notice." VFTW's HT is also hilarious. There's also no chance you put that post together in whatever amount of time occurred between VFTW posting and yours. Fortunately, you've accounted for this in saying he "published" first, but you would have published had he not. For the record, I have no problem with you posting it (anything publicly available on FT is fair game), I just doubt I would have posted it here in the first place, as now it is being broadcast all over . And Sunday is a workday in AUH...

I think you are right. Since it is hard to fit into my scheule with the UA devaluation after booking 14 tickets. And this ticket does not earn status, so, it is not worth the hassle to position (which is cheap from asia for me) and the fare is still 1500 usd, when I have 500K AA miles and no time to use it yet.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Is the fly by date still going to be June, 2014 if LX loses? Since everything has been pushed back by the appeals shouldn't the June of 2014 be pushed back?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
A really nice fare, but as someone else mentioned, EY doesn't credit to AS and that's what I need this year. So not worth cancelling my ex-MLE CX fare to replace with this one, even though I'd love to try EY F.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
In for 1!!! Sept I hope the cancel it though so I can get PAID also going through EU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.