Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by stephem
First, the station manager for Etihad in Colombo is now fully acquainted with these tickets and he seems to step in, sends a text to someone in Abu Dhabi and then sent us on our way to the lounge. By the time we got to the gate, our reservation was unlocked and ready for travel. The station manager also was helpful in (1) getting our baby stroller tagged to be pulled in NY and (2) tagging our bags to be pulled in LAX.
Originally Posted by legalalien
As many posted above, check-in experience in CMB involves a short, ~20 min in our case, delay while tickets are being unlocked by Abu Dhabi.
Can you please tell me where did you check your tickets were locked?
I will fly another EY error fare and I only see my tickets as confirmed

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by KiteM
Can you please tell me where did you check your tickets were locked?
I will fly another EY error fare and I only see my tickets as confirmed

Thanks
"Confirmed" means your tickets are suspended, or "no go". Unlocked tickets show "Ok to fly".

You can go to Virtually There (or on Etihad page, click Manage Bookings, then View/Print Itinerary), click "View eTicket Receipt", then click on the ticket number. "Booking Status" will show whether the flight is "Confirmed" or "Ok to Fly".
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
"Confirmed" means your tickets are suspended, or "no go". Unlocked tickets show "Ok to fly".

You can go to Virtually There (or on Etihad page, click Manage Bookings, then View/Print Itinerary), click "View eTicket Receipt", then click on the ticket number. "Booking Status" will show whether the flight is "Confirmed" or "Ok to Fly".
Status is "Confirmed".....so what I have to do?

Strange is that all my reservations (also on CMT) are "Confirmed" as status
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by KiteM
Status is "Confirmed".....so what I have to do?

Strange is that all my reservations (also on CMT) are "Confirmed" as status
Some users upthread reported that calling Etihad's Abu Dhabi center or visiting Colombo city office may help unlock tickets ahead of time. I tried calling Etihad's main number, but was not successful. The agent told me that everything will be handled at the airport, and I wasn't willing to play HUACA game while on vacation. The delay at CMB wasn't too bad.

I am not sure about other reservations, or if "confirmed" always means "suspended" or "locked". I know my eTicket receipt was showing "confirmed" until check-in, and the tickets were definitely locked. Status switched to "ok to fly" once tickets got unlocked during check-in.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I had the same experience, tried calling EY call center in AUH and had no luck and decided we'd just deal at the airport. The reality is that they have this under control now, we were actually issued boarding passes and sent through security before they even texted to AUH to get the tickets unlocked. By the time we arrived at the gate, they were unlocked. In other words, we experienced at most a 5 minute delay while our check in agent located the station manager and asked him what to do.

Some users upthread reported that calling Etihad's Abu Dhabi center or visiting Colombo city office may help unlock tickets ahead of time. I tried calling Etihad's main number, but was not successful. The agent told me that everything will be handled at the airport, and I wasn't willing to play HUACA game while on vacation. The delay at CMB wasn't too bad.

I am not sure about other reservations, or if "confirmed" always means "suspended" or "locked". I know my eTicket receipt was showing "confirmed" until check-in, and the tickets were definitely locked. Status switched to "ok to fly" once tickets got unlocked during check-in.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
By now they should have had lots of practice dealing with these tickets lol.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
anyone cancel lately? sadly need to cancel and will give Orbitz a call today... booked it with my Amex so should be easy to dispute the charge
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:57 am

I'm trapped in an interminable hell, with both PL and Big O. Have stretched my patience to the breaking point, so CC dispute and DOT complaints will be the next step.

If you have better luck please report back.

Last edited by aa213bb; Dec 3, 2014 at 11:27 am
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Datapoint with cancellation:
We bought our tickets with Travelocity.ca
So I called up, just like everyone else, our tickets were suspended and after speaking to EY, he said that EY had sent a request to the head office to un suspend the ticket so travelocity can cancel.

Checked the reservation two days later and noticed that it was unlocked. Here's the kick: EY was so helpful and proactive that they also assisted in cancelling the reservation as well. I called Travelocity again and the agent was so confused that he called up EY again. The conversation with the agent went somewhere along the lines of:
"Hi, I would like to cancel a ticket"
"What do you mean sir? I see your your reservation has already been cancelled."
"Well, I would like to cancel the TICKET"
"They're the same thing sir"
"I want a refund"
"Oh, okay"
After a minute on the phone he came back and said that the EY office is closed and I should call back tomorrow. I told him that the ticket is scheduled to depart in a couple of hours and made sure that it would be alright to no show.

Called back again the next day, after seeing that we had already pasted the departure time, the agent again put me on hold to speak to etihad. He came back in a little bit and told me that etihad is refusing to refund. ...?!
I asked him why and for about the next three minutes the only phrases he said were:
"I cannot tell you that sir"
"You would have to ask the airlines sir"
So I asked him what he suggest that I do. He said that I could call etihad and speak with their supervisor. WELL DONE GENIUS!! Why can't I speak to your supervisor first?! And his reaction was something like:
"Okay. I will TRY to get my supervisor. But he may not be available."

So his supervisor came on the line after a couple of seconds on hold. He sounded so authoritative it was a little hard to believe.
"Hello sir I am the supervisor at Travelocity.ca"
"Hi, yes I'm trying to refund this ticket"
"We already spoke to etihad and they are not allowing a refund. Since your ticket was noshowed, we have to get etihad's approval on the reservation before we can process"
"But the agent at Travelocity I've spoke to yesterday said that I can get a refund regardless of noshow"
"That you would have to speak to the airline sir. Etihad is saying that they will now allow a refund"
"Did they give a reason?"
"That you would have to ask the airline sir"
"I purchased the ticket with Travelocity, it is your responsibility to give me the refund, why are you asking me to talk to etihad? It would be your responsibility to do that."
"Etihad already too your money sir. You payed us and we already paired Etihad, there is nothing we can do sir."
That's got to be the worst excuse I've ever heard!!
"The fare rules says that this is a fully refundable fare even with noshow"
"No sir, I'm looking at the fare rules right now"
*looking up the fare rules myself*
"Actually. It does say on the fare rules that this fare is fully changeable and refundable with noshow"
"One moment please"
"I thought you said you were looking at the fare rules"
*silence*
"One moment while I call the airline onceagain"
*on hold for less than a couple of minutes*
"Sir, I spoke to the airline. They are going to make an exception and allow the refund"

I wasn't really upset at the agents for their ignorance and not allowing me to cancel. What got me a irritated was the fact that between all the lies and deceptions, they were arguing on etihad's behalf and that they have no interest in doing what is the right thing or even looking out for their customers.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by jfkeze
anyone cancel lately? sadly need to cancel and will give Orbitz a call today... booked it with my Amex so should be easy to dispute the charge
you can cancel it onine on orbitz...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by ben63
you can cancel it onine on orbitz...
and get a refund?, from what I've read it can be painful...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: LH SEN, DL Plat
Originally Posted by jfkeze
and get a refund?, from what I've read it can be painful...
did it on Monday... but refund is automatic in this case...usually

at least rules are clear
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:37 pm

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
Mini CMB TR

Just got back today. Check in at CMB took around 30 mins. Took a while to find the EY station mgr. He made a call and 10 mins later I checked in. Took a Sri Lankan flight to AUH. At least this flight didn't catch on fire like the one I took to CMB Had a 12 hour layover and went to the lounge. Chatted up the girls at the desk and they offered a stay at the Radisson Blu or the Premier hotel at the airport. Chose the Radisson and they arranged a car to take me there and bring me back. Nice hotel and really beat having to sleep upright in the lounge. Lounge was nice and managed to get two treatments (massage and facial) and a shave in the lounge. Customs in AUH took all of 10 mins. Really nice not having to deal with customs at DFW. Took the inaugural flight from AUH-DFW. Surprised there was no fanfare at the gate. They did have a bit of a celebration at DFW for the outgoing flight though. Got a certificate but no gifts on plane unlike the Qatar inaugural I took. Booked a car online to take me home but they knew nothing about it when I arrived at DFW. Talked to an EY rep at the baggage claim and he arranged one after all
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ben63
did it on Monday... but refund is automatic in this case...usually

at least rules are clear
I went online and it says I must use it for a future ticket on EY, how did you make this work?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by MileTex
At least this flight didn't catch on fire like the one I took to CMB
http://avherald.com/h?article=47e34faa

Originally Posted by MileTex
Took the inaugural flight from AUH-DFW.
So jealous. I really would have preferred this over the 9W but oh well..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.