Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Old Oct 29, 14, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by jona970318 View Post
It seemed that we were able to credit to OW programs despite it being EY codeshare. I left my QF number on it and it credited without problem, I think my mom's CX account credited as well. Coincidence?
Hmm. Thanks!

Did you add the FFP # upon check-in?
Old Oct 29, 14, 4:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by jozdemir View Post
Everything credit fine and automatically for me to VA with the exception of the AA coded JFK-DFW-JFK legs which I credited to AA
Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 14, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko View Post
Hmm. Thanks!

Did you add the FFP # upon check-in?
Yes, we both had status with OW, so we were experimenting with the benefits on UL since they're relatively new
Old Oct 31, 14, 11:04 am

Those flights were fun :D

One month before departure my ticket was cancelled, with cancellation email. Opened a case with DOT, within some days Etihad wrote an email, that miles, booking class, flights, transfers, lounge access were guaranteed. Had to wait 40 minutes for the first boarding pass in Colombo, but thats it. There was no difference to other First/Business flights, crews were friendly, didn't notice or talk about the error fare.

Some pictures:
Colombo - Abu Dhabi (Etihad Pearl Business)
Abu Dhabi - New York (Etihad / Jet Airways Diamond First)
New York - DFW (American First)
New York - Abu Dhabi (Etihad Diamond First)
Old Oct 31, 14, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded View Post
One month before departure my ticket was cancelled, with cancellation email. Opened a case with DOT, within some days Etihad wrote an email, that miles, booking class, flights, transfers, lounge access were guaranteed. Had to wait 40 minutes for the first boarding pass in Colombo, but thats it. There was no difference to other First/Business flights, crews were friendly, didn't notice or talk about the error fare.

Some pictures:
Colombo - Abu Dhabi (Etihad Pearl Business)
Abu Dhabi - New York (Etihad / Jet Airways Diamond First)
New York - DFW (American First)
New York - Abu Dhabi (Etihad Diamond First)
What do you mean cancelled? Where did you book it? More details please.
Old Nov 1, 14, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, Hyatt DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
What do you mean cancelled? Where did you book it? More details please.
+1. So I'm assuming EY involuntarily canceled your ticket? What was their explanation?
Old Nov 1, 14, 8:26 am

+1. So I'm assuming EY involuntarily canceled your ticket? What was their explanation?
This is the first time about I hear about involuntarily cancelation related to this fare.
Old Nov 1, 14, 5:31 pm

This is the first time about I hear about involuntarily cancelation related to this fare.
+1. I've always thought that EY is reluctant making cancellations
Old Nov 3, 14, 12:23 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Flying this weekend. Got an EMail from PL saying I had to call EY.

Looking at the E-ticket receipt on Vrituallythrre, it was showing "Confirmed" as the status of each sector which is apparently worthless. Seems you can't fly unless it says "OK to Fly".

So I called the Abu Dhabi call centre +971 2599 0000 during Abu Dhabi business hours and they were very helpful, good seat assignments, offered me a chauffeur - which I don't need - got the supervisor to unlock the ticket status to set each coupon to "OK to Fly" and sent a new E-ticket-receipt. The whole call took about 5 minutes.

The agent did warn me that no changes will be allowed. But we shall see about that.
Old Nov 3, 14, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by harryhv View Post
Flying this weekend. Got an EMail from PL saying I had to call EY.

Looking at the E-ticket receipt on Vrituallythrre, it was showing "Confirmed" as the status of each sector which is apparently worthless. Seems you can't fly unless it says "OK to Fly".

So I called the Abu Dhabi call centre +971 2599 0000 during Abu Dhabi business hours and they were very helpful, good seat assignments, offered me a chauffeur - which I don't need - got the supervisor to unlock the ticket status to set each coupon to "OK to Fly" and sent a new E-ticket-receipt. The whole call took about 5 minutes.

The agent did warn me that no changes will be allowed. But we shall see about that.
What did the email say? What did you tell the agent? "Hey, I am on that error fare and my OTA wants me to call and say hi?"

I am sure you will be okay at the airport and have a great trip!
Old Nov 3, 14, 9:55 pm

Flying this weekend, return flight from Dallas to CBM. Virtually There shows "Confirmed". Since some people have mentioned that the Status should say "ok to fly", I called Etihad to check on this issue. The agent said everything was fine, and that the Status should say "Confirmed". When I asked if it should say "OK to Fly", instead of "Confirmed", the response was that she had never heard of that, and everything looked ok. Wondering if I need to be worried about this? Thanks
Old Nov 4, 14, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by rxpuri View Post
Flying this weekend, return flight from Dallas to CBM. Virtually There shows "Confirmed". Since some people have mentioned that the Status should say "ok to fly", I called Etihad to check on this issue. The agent said everything was fine, and that the Status should say "Confirmed". When I asked if it should say "OK to Fly", instead of "Confirmed", the response was that she had never heard of that, and everything looked ok. Wondering if I need to be worried about this? Thanks
If you had no problem with the outbound, I don't see any reason you should be particularly worried about the return
Old Nov 4, 14, 11:03 am

Another datapoint:
Since I was planning on dumping my last AUH-CMB segment and fly straight home from HKG, I called EY to make changes/book chauffeurs. The Manchester based agent was one of the nicer ones that I've encountered. After hearing that I have "a meeting" in Dubai that night and that I didn't want to no show, she said that "changes and stopover are permitted free of charge, however, you will be subjected to any fare difference." I thought to myself, oh crap, it's one of those junk talks again.

EF was showing J0 Y0 for the AUH-CMB flight and I told the agent that "I don't want to be holding on to a seat that could otherwise be sold to someone else." At this point she offered to "set the segment to 'open' and you can call back later to confirm the exact date."

This was ultimately the result I had hoped for, so I figured that I may as well get her to book the chauffeur for me as well while I'm on the phone. I gave her the address of Dubai airport, but she said that inter-airport transfers are not allowed; which is interesting given that they should allow anywhere in the UAE. She said that she'll put it in anyway and see whether it gets confirmed. At that point she asked to put me on hold for about 2 minutes while she waited for the confirmation to bounce back. A little while later, she came back and said that I wouldn't be eligible for chauffeur at AUH since I'll still technically be transiting, the only one I'm eligible at is JFK(managed to make a change/stopover earlier a JFK). I checked on virtuallythere and saw the following message for the chauffeur: "Chauffeur service Unconfirmed for j - UNABLE TO CONFIRM CHAUFFEUR FARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SERVICE EY100 19DEC NN1"

My guess is that EY is trying to not honor chauffeurs since it noted that it is the fare that's not eligible. I guess...time for DOT?

To be honest, I think I've been pretty lucky with the fare overall in terms of changes and all the benefits compared to some of us here. Although I've had bad agents too both over the phone and at JFK(both male, and also female over the phone) that had flat out told me that I can't make changes since I've booked a mistake fare; I think I've also tried to push it a little bit too changing the DFW-JFK to creat a stopover, moving the JFK-AUH a day earlier, and making the open segments AUH-CMB. If I can manage to get the chauffeur, I would have no complaint
Old Nov 4, 14, 11:34 am

EF was showing J0 Y0 for the AUH-CMB flight and I told the agent that "I don't want to be holding on to a seat that could otherwise be sold to someone else." At this point she offered to "set the segment to 'open' and you can call back later to confirm the exact date."
So you got the segment open to use for a later date? Hell yeah! ^ Well played.

At what point did you call about it?
Old Nov 4, 14, 1:05 pm

+1
Very nice job! In some ways, I think those of us flying much later in the year on this fare have benefited from passage of time and determination. If you call up enough and ask, it does seem like there are windows of opportunity. Nothing is guaranteed, but as my favorite movie line goes "so you're saying there's a chance!?"

So you got the segment open to use for a later date? Hell yeah! ^ Well played.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: