Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] EY: CMB-DFW $1440 ai RT in First!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:17 pm

Same here. Received the rescheduling/downgrading email for the second time. Exact same timings and fares as the first one. No clue about what is going on..
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:46 am

I also got downgraded from F to C on the JFK-DFW-JFK legs, but no email or notification about that yet. Also never got any email or notification about limited lounge access or no chauffeur service.

How would you proceed? Contact or wait if anything comes up later? Bought the tickets via an OTA in Europe. Flights are in August.

Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Update: they just sent me another email regarding another schedule change.

My CMB-AUH flight (EY265) just got pushed back from 8:45PM to 9:55PM, resulting in an even later arrival at Abu Dhabi...

Well, at least this gives me more time to resolve check-in issues if they do crop up.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Just got ANOTHER email about schedule change. TGFlyerGirl said that EY was changing fare classes/codes during the first round of schedule changes. Can anyone shed light as to what they're now doing? The whole thing is just pretty shady. Are they trying to pack all the flyers on this fare into the same plane?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM
They moved the departure of EY103 for me from 1:45AM to 2:10AM

Is anyone else flying a Sri Lankan Airlines codeshare to go CMB-AUH? Any bets on whether that will be a nightmare at CMB?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Just got ANOTHER email about schedule change. TGFlyerGirl said that EY was changing fare classes/codes during the first round of schedule changes. Can anyone shed light as to what they're now doing? The whole thing is just pretty shady. Are they trying to pack all the flyers on this fare into the same plane?
It's still showing me as in J(CMB-AUH)/F(AUH-JFK)/J(JFK-DFW on AA - down from F) on VirtuallyThere. Can't see the actual fare classes, I remember that you used to be able to do that on a site - was it Etihad's actual site?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by smachiz
Is anyone else flying a Sri Lankan Airlines codeshare to go CMB-AUH? Any bets on whether that will be a nightmare at CMB?
I am also booked on the UL operated flight CMB-AUH. I think it is great actually, we can use the "Silk route" services for free and relax while they deal with the "NOGO/suspended" ticket : "For an easy passage through the airport formalities, all departing Business Class passengers travelling on SriLankan Airlines, can now use the “Silk Route” lounge free of charge, a facility that is managed by the airport operator, Airport and Aviation Services Ltd."
http://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyin...-us/departures
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by defurax
I am also booked on the UL operated flight CMB-AUH. I think it is great actually, we can use the "Silk route" services for free and relax while they deal with the "NOGO/suspended" ticket : "For an easy passage through the airport formalities, all departing Business Class passengers travelling on SriLankan Airlines, can now use the “Silk Route” lounge free of charge, a facility that is managed by the airport operator, Airport and Aviation Services Ltd."
http://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/flyin...-us/departures
Are there plenty of signs making this "Silk route" easy to find for those of us who have never been to CMB?

Secondly, has there been a consensus on the best airline to credit these flights to?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by smachiz
They moved the departure of EY103 for me from 1:45AM to 2:10AM

Does EY have a schedule change rule we can invoke to make a change?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by roastpuff
My CMB-AUH flight (EY265) just got pushed back from 8:45PM to 9:55PM, resulting in an even later arrival at Abu Dhabi...
Expedia called up up about this and said that 70min isn't enough time to transit in AUH - and that the MCT is apparently 90min. They're going to liaise with EY to find possible alternatives and get back to me within 10 days.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Expedia called up up about this and said that 70min isn't enough time to transit in AUH - and that the MCT is apparently 90min. They're going to liaise with EY to find possible alternatives and get back to me within 10 days.
MCT is 75 min to EY103 and 80-90 min to all other US flights. The new CMB-AUH-JFK itinerary does not comply with MCT, so I wonder if I should proactively call or let EY figure that one out. Travel is in November, so no rush.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs
Secondly, has there been a consensus on the best airline to credit these flights to?
Don't know if there is ever a consensus on FT, but I'm crediting to VA, since the miles are usable on VX in the US.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by HouseBrand
I also got downgraded from F to C on the JFK-DFW-JFK legs, but no email or notification about that yet. Also never got any email or notification about limited lounge access or no chauffeur service.

How would you proceed? Contact or wait if anything comes up later?
Do nothing about the downgrade. Nonstop AA service JFK-DFW is only one flight per day, #65. It's a two class 738. You'll be in the front cabin regardless of whether your ticket calls it J, C or F. (There's nothing fishy going on here. AA calls the front cabin of domestic flights F, but calls the same front cabin J/C on international flights with the same equipment. Just check out availability on any AA flight from mainland U.S. to the Caribbean, all of which is considered international by AA, regardless of the actual country. The front cabins are J/C. Perhaps they consider this a J/C ticket because it's part of an international itinerary. Regardless, it's a two cabin plane and you'll be upfront whether you're in J/C or F.) All other nonstop AA service NYC-DFW is on 738s out of LGA, nine flights per day. Nearby, AA has six nonstops per day EWR-DFW on the Mad Dogs.

Re chauffeur service and lounge access, if you haven't been notified that you're not getting it, what is there for you to do? Especially since reports so far seem to indicate that EY is providing these "ancillary services" as they're supposed to.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Mar 20, 2014 at 10:17 am
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
I was able to choose seats at the front of the 738 jfk-dfw but my Dfw-Ord is only allowing me to choose economy.

And they have not replied to me at all.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Do nothing about the downgrade. Nonstop AA service JFK-DFW is only one flight per day, #65. It's a two class 738. You'll be in the front cabin regardless of whether your ticket calls it J, C or F.
The seat and service will be the same, but the amount of miles earned may - and likely will - differ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.