Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by Nicksterguy
FINALLY got an email.
Thanks, I'll just continue to wait, but its been about 40 hours thus far. But still no cancellation email or ticketing email.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by pewpew
Conversely, I still have no ticket number, and I'm starting to have second thoughts (what will a *A flyer do with OW miles, anyways?)... I wonder if they'd cancel for free.
Redeem for positional flights for an actual *A MR...
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
UA earns 0 on LX L, but 100% on LH L only for extra Europe segments, plus it is a x1 qualifying Premier segment:
http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/Mark...spx?ItemId=298
Thanks ^
Old Sep 17, 2014, 8:54 am

Where are folks staying in Catania? There seem to be a number of hotels with decent reviews, but I am not sure which location is best. Any ideas?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:54 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pewpew
Conversely, I still have no ticket number, and I'm starting to have second thoughts (what will a *A flyer do with OW miles, anyways?)... I wonder if they'd cancel for free.
I know that I'm a "bad fter" but I'm not really worried about the miles for this trip just the chance to have a brief visit to a place I would probably never visit any other way.

Originally Posted by onfo
Where are folks staying in Catania? There seem to be a number of hotels with decent reviews, but I am not sure which location is best. Any ideas?
I am staying at the Hotel Villa Romeo since it is near the train station, and I think my handle gives away why that is appealing to me.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by onfo
I wish I had time to explore Catania, or more time in Sicily in general...going to visit Scoglitti, the fishing village turned beach resort town that my mom grew up in. Renting a car and heading out there for a very short visit to meet relatives I last met when I was 5 (who I will probably have trouble communicating with). If anyone wants to hitch a ride with me down there in a rental I'll be getting in through FCO on the 25th at 10:25 and catching the flight back 7:45pm on the 26th.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:03 pm

Is there any wisdom on what to do if one has an email with 3 PNRs, but no eticket?

I got ticketed, but one of my friends is in limbo. Ordered Sunday afternoon while it still seemed the deal was on.

Any advice? Call the OTA?e
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Didn't get a ticket number for 3 days, just got this email from cheapoair:

"Due to the airline(s) not confirming your booking, we were unable to issue your tickets.

We have searched our system and have found alternate flight options for you. Please click on the “View Alternate Flights” link below to view the options available to you.

You have the RIGHT to cancel this booking. If you choose to cancel, there is absolutely no service fee and no cancellation cost to you."

Just canceled on the website, although it took a couple of attempts.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:35 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Still shows unknown on aa.com, haven't received any ticket numbers or anything for that matter. On aa.com, first the CTA-LIN segment fell off, and now zrh-cta as well, so the tatl segments are what shows.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: American Platinum, Delta
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Still shows unknown on aa.com, haven't received any ticket numbers or anything for that matter. On aa.com, first the CTA-LIN segment fell off, and now zrh-cta as well, so the tatl segments are what shows.
I'm still showing unknown on aa.com, but I still see all of my segments. Looked at my credit card and it's still showing a pending charge from swiss. Still no ticket numbers or cancelation notice.

Isn't there some sort of time limit to ticket or cancel? Or can this go on until I show up at Kennedy and I can't check in?

Last edited by multicamp; Sep 19, 2014 at 11:01 am Reason: damn autocorrect
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:29 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
finally got cancellation email from cheapoair
any recourse?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:08 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
any recourse?
Unfortunately the only method of recourse I know of requires a ticket number. Otherwise you won't get much other than a refund from it
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:39 pm

any recourse?
It couldn't hurt to file a complaint with the DOT even without a ticket number, though you may not have as much leverage.

http://www.dot.gov/airconsumer/air-t...t-comment-form

Last edited by justchris82; Sep 19, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

have folks decided how to go about crediting different legs to different programs?
At the point where we think I can call and get Alitalia to add my DL number to that leg? (or LX to add my A3 number?)or just leave my AA number on the whole ticket and seek credit after the fact? Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:17 pm

Just got a call from CheapOAir after asking about canceled tickets on twitter. They said they're looking into the tickets that have been booked but not ticketed and submitting any outstanding itineraries to the ticketing carriers.

So, for anyone who's still in purgatory there still may be a chance.

Nice people though. Very cordial on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.