FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Error fares, cheap flights from ASIA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1587986-error-fares-cheap-flights-asia.html)

vico81 Jun 24, 2014 3:01 am

Error fares, cheap flights from ASIA

Hello,

I just recently focusing to the error fare, cheap flight ticket and fortunately could hit 1 good deal in the past.
Most of the pages I found is share the information about ticket departure from EU or US.
Does anybody knows a forum or page where they also mentioning flight departure from ASIA ?

I currently live here and would be more easily to catch a good flight from here.

Thanks !

PbodyPhoto Jun 24, 2014 6:48 am

Mistake fares come and go from various destination all the time. I have seen plenty to or from Asia pop up here. Be patient and willing to position for something good .

yuel Jun 24, 2014 7:03 am

Welcome to FT!

I don't know of a specific form for Asia travel, but as you know fares come and go within hours sometimes, but FT will post some Asia fares, so just check here daily

vico81 Jun 24, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks guys ! Will definetly check your forum more than 1 time / day. :)

Originally Posted by yuel (Post 23086979)
Welcome to FT!

I don't know of a specific form for Asia travel, but as you know fares come and go within hours sometimes, but FT will post some Asia fares, so just check here daily

vico81 Jun 24, 2014 9:56 am

Ah one more quick question.

As I read error fares are really rare, but forum would be very useful to find/study how to get cheap first class tickets.
Could you advise how can I start study about it ? Are there any guideline for it or topic ?

Thanks in advance !

JMP2907 Jun 24, 2014 10:08 am

Well they used to occurr more often in the past. However technology advances and that often reduces the error fare occurrances drastically. Nonetheless they can happen. Call it a freak of nature.

Guy Betsy Jun 27, 2014 3:50 am

Originally Posted by vico81 (Post 23087935)
Ah one more quick question.

As I read error fares are really rare, but forum would be very useful to find/study how to get cheap first class tickets.
Could you advise how can I start study about it ? Are there any guideline for it or topic ?

Thanks in advance !

Well, there was the Lufthansa fare from Singapore a few years back when it was only 100 euros to Europe in F. Or the TG $0 fare from BKK. The former was honored but no changes, and no miles. The latter was not honored.

babypuwet Jun 27, 2014 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 23104329)
Well, there was the Lufthansa fare from Singapore a few years back when it was only 100 euros to Europe in F. Or the TG $0 fare from BKK. The former was honored but no changes, and no miles. The latter was not honored.

And don't forget the infamous 3 rounds of RGN fare, with third round being the best! I snagged SQ suites for $283 per adult

Richklhs Jun 28, 2014 1:49 am

Fingers crossed I just nabbed Singapore Suites NRT-SIN for $420. If successful more details to come

drjameschen Jun 28, 2014 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Richklhs (Post 23109473)
Fingers crossed I just nabbed Singapore Suites NRT-SIN for $420. If successful more details to come

Would love to know it! Cant find it in hipmunk!

Richklhs Jun 28, 2014 2:23 am

Originally Posted by drjameschen (Post 23109518)
Would love to know it! Cant find it in hipmunk!

has to do with a certain shopping Spree

ben63 Jun 28, 2014 7:43 am

how can you book this?

idiosyncrasy Jun 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by ben63 (Post 23110229)
how can you book this?

There is a post on his blog about it, about this Spree. But it looks like it's dead now anyway.

Sykes Jun 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by idiosyncrasy (Post 23111590)
There is a post on his blog about it, about this Spree. But it looks like it's dead now anyway.

I hate it when people talk in codes so much ... it's ridiculous.

For a while it was possible (and may still be possible) to use the KrisFlyer shopping portal to buy moderate numbers of KF miles cheaply. (One involved buying LifeLock [which is a huge pain if you're churning credit cards] and I forget what the others are.)

Richklhs Jun 28, 2014 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes (Post 23111628)
I hate it when people talk in codes so much ... it's ridiculous.

For a while it was possible (and may still be possible) to use the KrisFlyer shopping portal to buy moderate numbers of KF miles cheaply. (One involved buying LifeLock [which is a huge pain if you're churning credit cards] and I forget what the others are.)

The above were good deals if the points posted. I Haven't written a post about this new deal, still unconfirmed.