Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

[FARE GONE] LAN: JFK-IGU $451. 3.31 cpm RT

Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Public Service Announcement:

DO NOT CALL!

Do Not Call Airlines or OTA under any circumstances while this fare is still active. Your seat assignments can wait and there is no need to confirm by phone for now.

Last edited by TerryK; Jun 1, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Madmax4797
Managed to piece together a pretty good MR/vacation w/ stopovers, hopefully this helps people looking for more to do than seeing the falls.

JFK-SCL-GIG (9 hour layover in SCL; 4 nights in GIG)
GIG-IGU (2 nights in IGU)
IGU-GRU (afternoon and overnight in GRU)
GRU-SCL-JFK (another full day layover in SCL)

All for $571 and change. The long layovers in SCL are a bit annoying, but it's fairly easy to get into the city and back. Will probably get a day room somewhere to freshen up.

According to LAN.com, all flights book into O, so full earning Int'l but 25% intra-SA. Don't mind one bit considering that the JFK-SCL legs will net ~10,200 miles.
I cannot get GIG stopover to work. Where did you book?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Can't get to ticket on Orbitz, finding lots of fares but Orbitz keeps freezing up...trying expedia now

Edit: booked through on Expedia
5/9 JFK-SCL (787)
6/9 SCL-GIG-IGU
8/9 IGU-GRU overnight
9/9 GRU-SCL (777) 11 hrs in SCL SCL-JFK (787)

Not the most complex but works for me! Thanks OP

Last edited by alpen1; Jun 1, 2014 at 10:35 am
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by TerryK
I cannot get GIG stopover to work. Where did you book?
Same here, i basically let this slide, because LAN's miles won't go to AS or UA. Pray for future deals to GIG.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:26 am

I actually managed to book a ticket JFK-LIM-IGU//EZE-GRU-JFK for $473 end of Sept on cheapoair. So other routings are possible as long as the first segment goes to IGU (also posible longer stay in LIM)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Putt86
Quote:

Originally Posted by seawolf

This fare shows up on Orbitz and Expedia as well. Much easier to select specific flights in Orbitz.

Stopover appears to be allowed. Was able to price it with more than 24 hours in GIG.

JFK-SCL-GIG <2 nights in GIG>
GIG-IGU-LIM-JFK

Fare is JFK-IGU but I'm only spending 90 minutes at IGU. My real destination is GIG.

Can you share dates on your trip? Try to stretch my GIG stay
Searched it last night on Orbitz JFK GIG roundtrip OCT 3-OCT 6 and LA only in preferred airlines. It was mid $500ish I think due to taxes for LIM.

OCT 3 JFK-SCL-GIG (arrives OCT 4)
OCT 6 GIG-IGU-LIM-JFK (arrives OCT 7). All under LA flight number.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
A few general rules, from the Orbitz site...

Travel between 5 Sept and 10 Dec, with all travel complete by 15 Dec. Some blackout dates around holidays. Issue by 9 June.

Minimum stay from last stopover of 5 days, or Sunday. Maximum stay of three months.

One stopover allowed at $75 (at least theoretically). I didn't see any mention of HIP.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:23 pm

Due to wild Saturday night, took me while to realize that LAN is a partner with AS then booom, thanks to TFD's great post on how to add GIG as stopover.. Gotta feed 6 segments (JFK-SCL, SCL-GIG, GIG-IGU, IGU-GIG, GIG-SCL, SCL-JFK)

Am going to spend my columbus weekend in GIG to go with one day at IGU (enough to see the Falls, I reckon!)

10/8-10/9 - flying to Rio, and get out of Rio on Oct 12... Out of the Falls on Oct 13 (gotta figure if it's worth to add visa to go over to Argentina's side!)
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by Putt86
Due to wild Saturday night, took me while to realize that LAN is a partner with AS then booom, thanks to TFD's great post on how to add GIG as stopover.. Gotta feed 6 segments (JFK-SCL, SCL-GIG, GIG-IGU, IGU-GIG, GIG-SCL, SCL-JFK)

Am going to spend my columbus weekend in GIG to go with one day at IGU (enough to see the Falls, I reckon!)

10/8-10/9 - flying to Rio, and get out of Rio on Oct 12... Out of the Falls on Oct 13 (gotta figure if it's worth to add visa to go over to Argentina's side!)
This seems to be an O fare, won't credit to AS. Best bet is AA
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:49 pm

Darn, I will do AA EXP Match sometime this Fall to maximize my trip's value, and lounge access is a nice bonus.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA, BA
Originally Posted by MyXa
I actually managed to book a ticket JFK-LIM-IGU//EZE-GRU-JFK for $473 end of Sept on cheapoair. So other routings are possible as long as the first segment goes to IGU (also posible longer stay in LIM)
Great find.

I was planning a trip to BUE during early November so I am trying to make this cheap fare work for that purpose by making EZE my trip and IGU as a short layover on my way to JFK. I have already been to both sides of Iguazu so I don't feel too bad if I skip it.

Best options I found on my dates for that type of trip are $613 in OLWPP558 fare code for JFK-SCL-EZE-IGU-LIM-JFK

or $506 for JFK-SCL-GRU-IGU/BUE-SCL-JFK which would leave the getting to Buenos Aires with $100 18 hour cama suite or $169 2 hr IGR-BUE on LA (I paid the reciprocity fees for both Brazil & Argentina 4 years ago).

I'll probably spend the next couple of hours trying to find a way to knock it lower.

I am using Orbitz. Anybody have success with a different OTA?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked JFK-SCL-GIG//IGU-LIM-JFK.

Thank you, Mitz9060.^
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Booked JFK-SCL-GIG//IGU-LIM-JFK.

Thank you, Mitz9060.^
what is your plan for GIG-IGU?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by cochino_BA
what is your plan for GIG-IGU?
Seems like a pretty straightforward Avios redemption to me
Old Jun 1, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Seems like a pretty straightforward Avios redemption to me
except award space can be pretty rare for that route. Thought they might be doing something more creative

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.