Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: IND/MCI/OMA/LNK - CGK $862, 3.9 cpm, ~22200

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA: IND/MCI/OMA/LNK - CGK $862, 3.9 cpm, ~22200

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: UA MP Gold
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
I am in DPS now and want to give everyone a heads up : Big signs announce that the entry fee is now $ 35.00 ( and that's what I had to pay ), although the receipt they give you says $ 25.00 still
Yes, the visa fee went up at the beginning of July. I can recommend looking at a destination specific site like travelfish.org for the latest info and subscribing to their newsletter, which is how I found out first.

I snapped up one of those deals from the west coast. LAX - NRT - CGK/SIN - NRT - LAX beating out all combinations of CGK, SIN (both to & from) and BKK, sometimes by as much as $450+, for my dates in Feb/March.

I may be crying in my coffee if SIN r/t is offered for $800 or even less next Jan/Feb but I somehow doubt that will happen.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Trips from CGK

I've exhausted my effort of finding a side trip to Christmas Island from CGK (for a reasonable price; ie >3k). Ideas anyone?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
A couple questions for those of you who have done these MRs.

I'm arriving in CGK at 1130 pm and leaving at 625 am next day.

1) Is it possible to stay in airside without immigration -- as international transfer?

2) If it's no to 1) above, how convenient to use Sheraton Bandara Hotel for quick sleep / shower? I believe that Sheraton is outside the airport but there is 24 hour shuttle to/from (based on their website). It's only 4k SPG points.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=clockhand;23402221]2) If it's no to 1) above, how convenient to use Sheraton Bandara Hotel for quick sleep / shower? I believe that Sheraton is outside the airport but there is 24 hour shuttle to/from (based on their website). It's only 4k SPG points.
QUOTE]

I was able to book for 3k SPG points. Weekends are 3k vs 4k points for Weekdays.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:57 pm

[QUOTE=aglp2k;23402411]
Originally Posted by clockhand
2) If it's no to 1) above, how convenient to use Sheraton Bandara Hotel for quick sleep / shower? I believe that Sheraton is outside the airport but there is 24 hour shuttle to/from (based on their website). It's only 4k SPG points.
QUOTE]

I was able to book for 3k SPG points. Weekends are 3k vs 4k points for Weekdays.

How convenient was it to use that? How convenient was "24-hour" shuttle between airport and hotel?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:20 pm

Anybody doing this today/tomorrow? I'll arrive at CGK at 1130 pm 8/25 Monday local time and leave 625 am 8/26 Tuesday. If you are doing the same, please pm me!

First international MS. Excited!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=clockhand;23402934]
Originally Posted by aglp2k

How convenient was it to use that? How convenient was "24-hour" shuttle between airport and hotel?
I don't know yet since my MR is next weekend. Sent an email to hotel for late arrival and requested pick up which they accepted.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:37 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by whereisclayton
I've exhausted my effort of finding a side trip to Christmas Island from CGK (for a reasonable price; ie >3k). Ideas anyone?
Wouldn't reasonable be less than 3k?

Also, maybe this will give you some guidance.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:15 pm

[QUOTE=aglp2k;23415298]

I don't know yet since my MR is next weekend. Sent an email to hotel for late arrival and requested pick up which they accepted.
That sounds great. I just sent an email to them as well. Let's see how this goes.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1k, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Leave Thursday the 27th

And return on Labor day on this one. Great deal, and looking forward to doing a quick check around Jakarta...planning on doing a couple more as well. Easy miles for pretty darn cheap. Staying at the Doubletree in the Golden Triangle for something like 70 dollars a night, toughest thing is really going to be remembering the exchange rates. Will do a quick report when I get back.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
anyone find this from NY?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
I had one from ewr, but cancelled it.

Originally Posted by anandrag
anyone find this from NY?
was lving sept 8th, arriving back on the 10th. I hear the offsite hotels are too far to bother with.
I didn't want to sleep on airport benches.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:24 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by privacylawyer
was lving sept 8th, arriving back on the 10th. I hear the offsite hotels are too far to bother with.
I didn't want to sleep on airport benches.
How much was it?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA-Gold 1MM
A couple questions for those of you who have done these MRs.

I'm arriving in CGK at 1130 pm and leaving at 625 am next day.

1) Is it possible to stay in airside without immigration -- as international transfer?

Thanks for your help in advance!
I did this run two days ago. It is possible to stay airside and avoid the $35 Visa On Arrival Fee. You MAY be able to avoid the US$15 departure fee as well.

I stayed at the FM7 Resort Hotel. It is beautiful and a BARGAIN at about $40 a night at Travelocity, includes breakfast, which starts at 4:00 AM. Difference between FM7 Resort Hotel and Sheratan is that Sheratan is within walking distance of "stuff" such as a shopping mall. FM7 is not.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA-Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by anandrag
How much was it?
At Travelocity, FM7 is about $40 a night, including great breakfast. It is a bargain. Sheratan is about twice that but is close to "stuff" like a shopping center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.