Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Apr 4, 2014, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
There are two categories of US cities involved, DL hubs and other, generally secondary, airports.
From some DL Hubs, UA P fares are valid to a much wider range of cities in Europe:
SLC/MSP/DTW/ATL/CVG/MEM-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/BUD/PRG/CPH/IST/WAW/ARN/OSL/KRK/PRG/TLL/RIX/etc
(but not JFK nor LAX?)

Other airports are valid to a smaller set of cities in Europe:
BOS/SJC/SMF/MOD/BWI/BUR/ONT/SNA/PSP/HNL/SEA/PDX/AUS/PIT/TUS/TPA/ALB/etc/etc-AMS/MXP/FCO/CDG/MLA/VCE/TRN/FLR/NAP/PMO/CTA/etc

Most UA hubs don't have the fare filed (not SFO for sure), but apparently EWR has at least EWR-VCE/NCE (but not EWR-MXP/PMO/FCO/CDG)

Some destinations in Europe have a slightly higher base fare:
MRS/LYS

(please add more cities to either origin or destination side that are valid)

Be careful in your airline selection - there are PQM/RDM implications to this. For example, for the UA program, UA P earns 150% PQM/RDM, LH P earns 100% PQM/RDM, and it appears that OS P earns nothing.
Similarly it looks like UA P class credited to Aegean (A3) earns nothing. Visit this United webpage then click on the Star Alliance partner to determine mileage earnings.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] Lots of UA ATL-AMS (and other cities) Z fares; less than $2k for July

Old Aug 15, 2014, 2:29 am
RNE

Originally Posted by vip66
This is ticketed on LH but the flight is on AC, so I called them to see what is going on. Basically, they changed equipment from CRJ-705 to CRJ-100, which has no C. Is there any recourse here? I guess it's a short flight but still...
You could try to change to an alternate flight or routing with C availability, but don't. I'm as uppity as anyone, but given the paltry fare you're paying I'd forget about this minor chink in what is a suit of mithril. We had to fly coach CAK-ORD and ORD-CAK on this deal. No biggie. Enjoy your vacation.

J.R.RNE
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:17 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Oops.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Aug 22, 2014 at 7:57 pm
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly

I have been getting letters back and forth from KLM and DL about some type of refund but still nothing. We should be entitled to a partial refund at the very least. I don't exactly have full faith in DL customer service, as I have had bad experiences with them in the past.

What should I do?
You posted your reply in a thread about UA Z fares to Europe, you might get more help if you posted in the Delta Airlines forum.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 9:13 pm

Got back a few days ago.
7 segments. The only two that were on time were the UA ones.
2 LH & 3 AC segments were late. None more than 30 minutes.

Looking forward to the next deal!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 5:13 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by tracon
Looking forward to the next deal!
ST (DL/AF/KL/AZ) and OW (AA/BA/IB) had sub-$2k deals this week, mostly to each other's European hubs. I don't think *A matched. AFAIK, they've all been pulled, but that doesn't mean they won't come back in the next few days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.